Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 159 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 59109149157158159160161169209259659 ... LastLast
Results 1,581 to 1,590 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #1581
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    54

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    thanks, just downloaded it from US site....look like just europe download site is down.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

  2. #1582

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    anyone noticed the final bios f9 ud4p is little slow? I'm getting lower cpu scores compared to f9c

  3. #1583
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    TN, USA
    Posts
    135

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by aquax View Post
    anyone noticed the final bios f9 ud4p is little slow? I'm getting lower cpu scores compared to f9c

    Seriously? What benchmark you basing it on and have you tried to run it a few times? Man I am loving f9c and sad if f9 blows. Please keep us updated.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P F10d
    Intel i7 920 D0 3.8Ghz 181x21 1.24375Vcore 1.195QPI/Vtt
    Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 push-pull, vertically mounted
    3x2GB G.Skill DD3 1600 F3-12800CL9T-6GBNQ 8-8-8-21-1T 1.54v
    2x EVGA GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SLI 700-1500-1200
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX 850W PSU
    2x WD Caviar Black 640GB in Raid 0, 64KB stripes, 250GB short stroke
    WD Caviar Black 1TB
    Antec 1200 Gamer Case
    Windows 7 Ultimate x64

  4. #1584

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by DankBuddha View Post
    Seriously? What benchmark you basing it on and have you tried to run it a few times? Man I am loving f9c and sad if f9 blows.
    I tried 3dmark06, Vantage, LinX GFLOPS

  5. #1585

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Is there any plan to tackle the power supply compatibility issues in the bios? (X58 boards) I havent tried this latest one yet but none of the other beta bioses have made any difference.

    YouTube - Seasonic M12D PSU won't boot system - Gigabyte EX58-UD5

    My board displays the same symptoms - I've already RMA'd one board and this second one does the same, but now it appears to be related to the PSU. If this could be addressed in the BIOS then the whole issue could be fixed because the PSU's are fine in other systems. I'm sure there are plenty of RMA's and other unnecessary replacements that are attributable to this problem.

  6. #1586
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Anyone have any idea what the new "eXtreme Hard Disk (XHD)" setting does in the Gigabyte EX58-Extreme BIOS? Enabling it forces the bios to accept RAID as the ICH SATA Control mode, but I'm not sure what it actually does.

  7. #1587
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by LuciferDarklord View Post
    Is there any plan to tackle the power supply compatibility issues in the bios? (X58 boards) I havent tried this latest one yet but none of the other beta bioses have made any difference.

    YouTube - Seasonic M12D PSU won't boot system - Gigabyte EX58-UD5

    My board displays the same symptoms - I've already RMA'd one board and this second one does the same, but now it appears to be related to the PSU. If this could be addressed in the BIOS then the whole issue could be fixed because the PSU's are fine in other systems. I'm sure there are plenty of RMA's and other unnecessary replacements that are attributable to this problem.
    Have you reported this to the tech team? If not please do, and let us know what they have to say. Be sure to tell them this is a known issue by many users and link to specific posts about it if you can. I know it is an issue, but you would know better than I which threads at various sites to link them to, so they can see it is a known issue

    GA Support

    Quote Originally Posted by Fireballfx View Post
    Anyone have any idea what the new "eXtreme Hard Disk (XHD)" setting does in the Gigabyte EX58-Extreme BIOS? Enabling it forces the bios to accept RAID as the ICH SATA Control mode, but I'm not sure what it actually does.
    I have asked, but no official info yet. I do believe this is for RAID with SDD, and or possibly also supporting SATA3. I have seen both commented about this at a few places I believe. I wont be able to give you an official answer until my contact is back in the office after Aug. 31

  8. #1588
    SolidBladez's Avatar
    SolidBladez is offline Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Location
    Colorado
    Posts
    311

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Kind of mad that Gigabyte didn't fix the USB Keyboard issue that has been going on since F9d. Oh well, guess I'll have to stay with F9c. :(

  9. #1589
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    7

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    moved
    Last edited by abangcupi; 08-12-2009 at 04:08 PM.

  10. #1590
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Ya Sorry SolidBladez. I have reported this, a few times during the beta's in regards to UD4 and UD4P, so likely it may affect them all. Sadly my contact if busy and wont be back in the office until the 31st. So I will remind him after that, and see about making sure the next beta's correct this issue

    I personally use USB to PS/2 adapters always so I never notice, but I do try to send in reports about this type of this especially when I see several posts about it at various forums. Which I did in for this issue twice, musta have been too late though or he did not get the info passed along yet?

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 197 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 192 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. sinnedone,
  3. stasio,
  4. thedukelebt,
  5. yahfz

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •