Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 160 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

I would not recommend F8 for the GA-EX58 Extreme it has 2 big bugs

1) Logitech G15 keyboard fails to function after F12 boot order key is pressed e.g NO UP OR DOWN ARROW MOVEMENT

2) Now for the biggy PCIx enhancment my Ars# I run two XFX 8800GTX in SLi and playing games like COD 4 and CODWAW has cost me from pegging 200FPS into going into the red with 58FPS, how the hell did they get it that wrong. Back to F7 BIOS and good as gold again!!!

I`m having a serious problem with the latest F10e Bios for EP45-UD3P.
    I have a seagate 1500GB HD attached to Jmicron controller and everytime the system enters sleep mode the HD disappears.The only way to bring it back is to restart the system.

I have used all the previous Beta Bioses and Had no problem.I tried to revert to F10B but Qflash doesn`t let me.
    Last edited by NikNix; 08-12-2009 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by NikNix View Post
    I`m having a serious problem with the latest F10e Bios for EP45-UD3P.
    I have a seagate 1500GB HD attached to Jmicron controller and everytime the system enters sleep mode the HD disappears.The only way to bring it back is to restart the system.

I have used all the previous Beta Bioses and Had no problem.I tried to revert to F10B but Qflash doesn`t let me.

use a bootable USB stick and use flashspi it does not care if bios is older

Thank you.I`ll try it now.
    What happens with the second bios that it was upgraded to F10e? Do i need to downgraded too or should i leave it be?

in the old days you could copy from one bios to the other one not sure if that happens now, you could leave it alone see what bios it boots off

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The second BIOS will be fine, it should be left with the initial BIOS that was shipped with your board for warranty purposes

Ok,it did downgrade using flashpi.
    In contrast with qflash it kept all the settings.It must have to do with "keep DMI data" and the sorts i think.

The second Bios it was automatically updated when i upgraded to F10e.No other Bios before did that but it was mandatory and automatic for F10e.

Last edited by NikNix; 08-12-2009 at 05:41 PM.

Yes, it upgraded the backup chip due to internal changes in the Qflash versions. That is normal with certain BIOS Updates

Should i leave it with F10e or try to downgrade it too?

You can leave it, it will only kick in and copy over if your corrupt your main. If that happened you could just flash back to whatever after that.

It is possible to flash the backup with what is in the main BIOS, but I am not sure if that should be publicly suggested as you could corrupt both at once and then be dead in the water

However the method is posted in this thread and I am sure someone will tell you the keys to do so, just wait for it

I'd leave it though it it were me, or flash them both with a older BIOS like the one it came with, then do it, then upgrade the main back to what you wanted to use

You know, you can adjust your sleep/power options to not shut off the drives, it's in the advanced power options in the control panel

Thread Information