Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 163 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 63113153161162163164165173213263663 ... LastLast
Results 1,621 to 1,630 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

SolidBladez is offline Member

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by byron3 View Post
    hey guys just askin if...is it safe to update my bios here on tweak town...i got a x48 dq6 and gigabyte's latest bios is just f8d for my mobo...it inhere on tweak town its now on f8e...is it safe to use??? cause f8d is still a beta bios on gigabyte's website...tnx fo the help guys...
    Heck ya. The reason why many of us come to Tweaktown is because of their excellent support for Gigabyte boards (and such). :)

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by byron3 View Post
    hey guys just askin if...is it safe to update my bios here on tweak town...i got a x48 dq6 and gigabyte's latest bios is just f8d for my mobo...it inhere on tweak town its now on f8e...is it safe to use??? cause f8d is still a beta bios on gigabyte's website...tnx fo the help guys...
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/301229-post1046.html
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Heck ya. The reason why many of us come to Tweaktown is because of their excellent support for Gigabyte boards (and such). :)
    +1 to that

I have the same mobo and flashed with F8e (Qflash)
    My raid controller indeed boot faster and works fine with raid0 plus e-sata drive.
    Also i have no problems overclocking my E8600 to 4Ghz
    Mobo seems very stable....

Quote Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
    F9 seems the same as F9d for the UD4P.
    Keyboard is still not working @bootup (doesn't matter whether I enable USB Keyboard in the BIOS or not)

Summary of UD4P Bioses (based on my experience):
    F9c keyboard and S3 works.
    F9d added the B2B CAS, keyboard doesn't work
    F9e looks the same as F9d
    F9 final added the XHD, keyboard still doesn't work
    Has anyone tried this latest bios ???
    is the keyboard problem something everyone is having??
    if so im stickingw with F9C, please let me know of any updates

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Gigabyte GA-MA7 series official BIOS update:
    GA-MA7 series
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by ell View Post
    Has anyone tried this latest bios ???
    is the keyboard problem something everyone is having??
    if so im stickingw with F9C, please let me know of any updates
    I believe the keyboard problem affects all X58 series, but only USB keyboards and only in DOS Mode such as Boot Screen or Safe Mode/Last Known Good, ect.

If you have USB and need to use these type of screens and want to update simply use a USB to PS/2 adapter and you will be fine

Quote Originally Posted by furis View Post
    Is it normal to get a message like

"Checksum=2A00 press enter to continue or esc to abort"

when flashing your BIOS?

I have a GA-MA790XT-UD4P, Flashing to F5C
    Yes, this is normal. I mention this in the Qflash guide, if you only see Three characters then you do not flash. Four is normal and only lets you know the BIOS checksum

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferDarklord View Post
    OK I got a reply back from Antec, they found the problem in early Truepower New powersupplies and have rectified the problem, so I guess its not a Gigabyte or X58 problem after all. Note this PSU is made by Seasonic so maybe they fixed the issue also.
    Ahh nice to hear that it is only the PSU and nothing to do with the Gigabyte BIOS or board. Thanks for posting back about it.

So are they going to RMA your PSU for you a newer model?

Quote Originally Posted by DaWur View Post
    do we know what XHD is already?
    i have it enabled and i get really weird benchmark scores on my 2x X25-M Raid 0 array.
    XHD SATA Support is simply RAID, they just renamed the function due to upcoming SATA3.

It is the RAID function as same as previous version BIOS, just changed the BIOS item to the new name, nothing different.

If set eXtreme Hard Disk (XHD) to "Disabled", it allow you manually select "IDE", "AHCI" or "RAID" mode.

If set eXtreme Hard Disk (XHD) to "Enabled", it will switch to "RAID" mode only.
    Quote Originally Posted by GuiPoM View Post
    Does anyone have an answer ?
    Yes the latest BIOS's, final or Beta, contain the fixes and or features from all previous BIOS's unless otherwise stated due to issues.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Ahh nice to hear that it is only the PSU and nothing to do with the Gigabyte BIOS or board. Thanks for posting back about it.

So are they going to RMA your PSU for you a newer model?

Yeah - in the process of arranging that now, I'm a fair way out of Perth so hopefully I can take it straight to the supplier tomorrow while I'm in town.

Quote Originally Posted by Nhawk View Post
    You can still get into the BIOS, but you can't even press enter for IDE CDROM or select anything for Windows (Repair, safe mode, etc..)
    You can find F9c in the "Previous BetaBios" link above F9 on first page.
    Ahh ok thanks mate. I see that the file has an extension of f9c. Will qflash read that extension or do i need to rename it to .bin? I don't need to get into safe mode all that much anyway and have a usb to serial adapter and a separate ps2 kb that I guess I could use if/when i do need to do that. As long as I can get into the bios itself with my usb kb then I think F9 will be fine for me. Curious that F9 is only on the tw website. It does not show up on the us website. My oc is also perfect and stable under F8 and I don't want to even mess with another bios if it doesn't fix my s3 problem. I can go into s3 just fine but only get a black screen upon return....Anyone getting the same performance and stability when oc'ng with F9 as they did with F8?
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferDarklord View Post
    Yeah - in the process of arranging that now, I'm a fair way out of Perth so hopefully I can take it straight to the supplier tomorrow while I'm in town.
    Ahh ok, just wondered if they was giving you any hassles. Sorry to hear you have to RMA, but at least you know for sure they knew of the issue so the replacement will work proper.

Quote Originally Posted by j0nx View Post
    Ahh ok thanks mate. I see that the file has an extension of f9c. Will qflash read that extension or do i need to rename it to .bin? I don't need to get into safe mode all that much anyway and have a usb to serial adapter and a separate ps2 kb that I guess I could use if/when i do need to do that. As long as I can get into the bios itself with my usb kb then I think F9 will be fine for me. Curious that F9 is only on the tw website. It does not show up on the us website. My oc is also perfect and stable under F8 and I don't want to even mess with another bios if it doesn't fix my s3 problem. I can go into s3 just fine but only get a black screen upon return....Anyone getting the same performance and stability when oc'ng with F9 as they did with F8?
    Yes, it will read any extension. I mean you can name it .f100x if you want and it will still read it. So you are all good.

They just have not updated all the sites yet is all, very busy with P55 right now.

Sounds like you may not be stable with F8, about your S3 issue. Unless that BIOS maybe does not have S3 fixed in it? Sorry I can't keep track of them all and not sure what board you have anyway though. Should be good in the new BIOS though once you are stable.

Thread Information