Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 165 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 65115155163164165166167175215265665 ... LastLast
Results 1,641 to 1,650 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Just for giggles I went back to stock settings. Still can't resume from S3 on F8. Also on Win7 X64 RC1. Maybe it's an OS issue then although I had no problems with my previous X48 gigabyte board. Shrug.
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

j0nx F8 doesn't work with S3, you have to use either F9 or F9c

That's what I've read online and that's what I have experienced here but Lsdmeasap just said F8 S3 works ok for him. I'll probably update later this weekend.
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I may have not tested the final F8 then, I normally only run Beta BIOS's. If I do install a Final it is only for a very short time and usually by request or to test something specific for someone.

Sorry again, I may have not tested the final, I do know it works fine for me with the beta's. Would you like me to test F8 Final? Is there a reason you don't like the F9 ones?

X-58 UD4P

I can only use the F9c as latest because the latter does not support USB keyboard - which I really hope will be fixed in the future ones.

Poul

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I may have not tested the final F8 then, I normally only run Beta BIOS's. If I do install a Final it is only for a very short time and usually by request or to test something specific for someone.
    and do you know if there is such an issue on UD5 with F7/F8 bioses (all versions). As explained in my previous post, S3 seems to work but computer does not stay in suspend mode, then hangs on next try to suspend.
    I know that it was already the case when my board was delivered (F7) and after updates F8a/F8b/... (still almost all stock, I mean some configurations changed in bios, but frenquencies, voltages, ... kept default)
    GA-EX58-UD5 F11 ~ Intel Core i7 920 D0 ~ OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum XTC 6 Gb ~ Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GI ATI Radeon HD 4850 1Gb ~ WD6400AAKS ~ Maxtor 6B250S0 ~ Corsair HX750W ~ Creative Audigy 2ZS ~ Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 ~ Casetek 1019 ~ Benq FP241VW 24"

Quote Originally Posted by Grnkjr0 View Post
    X-58 UD4P

I can only use the F9c as latest because the latter does not support USB keyboard - which I really hope will be fixed in the future ones.

Poul
    Updates with fix is coming today

Quote Originally Posted by GuiPoM View Post
    and do you know if there is such an issue on UD5 with F7/F8 bioses (all versions). As explained in my previous post, S3 seems to work but computer does not stay in suspend mode, then hangs on next try to suspend.
    I know that it was already the case when my board was delivered (F7) and after updates F8a/F8b/... (still almost all stock, I mean some configurations changed in bios, but frenquencies, voltages, ... kept default)
    If your PC does not stay suspended then you have other issues, not the normal main one people have with S3 and Gigabyte boards. The norm is that they will not resume at all.

Sounds like you have something allowed to wake your system from standby without your intervention. This is normally Network related, check all things in device manager and see what is and what is not allowed to resume from standby and change it.

The new BIOS's and the F8 Beta's resume just fine, up to 200+ Blck. The new F9a beta for UD5 will be posted here shortly which resolves the F8 Final USB issues. Do you want me to test it for S3 resume for you?

Also so you know, freq/voltages at default... This does not mean stable and does not by any means mean that it is 100% stable and stable enough to resume from S3.

You almost always need to change several things in the BIOS to be stable, Ram voltage, QPI/Vtt and uncore/MCH Voltages as well. Auto/stock is not going to work always (More like never). These things must be set manually as they are board and CPU Specific.

You must be right. I will check in windows settings if any device is configured to wake up the computer.

But I am sure my computer is stable, even with default settings. This must be OS related somehow ...
    GA-EX58-UD5 F11 ~ Intel Core i7 920 D0 ~ OCZ DDR3 PC3-12800 Platinum XTC 6 Gb ~ Gigabyte GV-R485MC-1GI ATI Radeon HD 4850 1Gb ~ WD6400AAKS ~ Maxtor 6B250S0 ~ Corsair HX750W ~ Creative Audigy 2ZS ~ Noctua NH-U12P SE1366 ~ Casetek 1019 ~ Benq FP241VW 24"

Could be OS, but I am more concerned with your stable a default comment, as Auto/defaults is not always (never often I mean) stable. Especially with the way X58 and i7's work

I will test the new Beta with USB Fix for UD5 once it is posted here for you shortly.

Regarding the UD4P F9. it says "Info: Flash the backup BIOS automatically", does that mean when I try to flash to another bios, it will flash my backup? anyone who tried F9 bios and went back to F9c, did it flash your backup bios also?

Thread Information