Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 17 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 7151617181927671175171017 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Guys, I have successfully posted 200 to 220 bclk on the f4r bios and up. To achieve this you need to select slow mode on the qpi bus speed. Totally making the bclk overclock irrelevant. Talk about crap. =o( I'm very disappointed in this board. This is by far the worst board I've ever used. And I've used some really budget stuff before! Please fix this! I can't get easytune6 to work for ANYTHING!

Please bring back the beta bios downloads, especially when releasing crap bioses like this.

On a side note: Ever since upgrading to F4 Final I've had this 88 error continuous rebooting that would go on for infinite amounts of time it seemed. Many curse words, cmos clears, and restarts, I FINALLY got it booted! Figured out that I could just maw the reset button for minutes at a time until it registered C1, and power cycle finally got it booted.

Anyone have a link to the f4j/m bios? I'm also stuck at 180 bclk for normal booting.
    Last edited by NCspecV81; 12-25-2008 at 08:09 PM.

This is totally BS..... where is the QA/source control for bios development at Gigabyte HQ?
    Old repaired bugs are comming back again, S3 sleep is a hit and miss, the turn-on-off-bug is as it seems still there and I am not even overclocking!!!

It seems that F4j/m bios are the best until now.... where can I download this one now?

Slowly but surely I am regretting buying Gigabyte and not Asus (which probably has it's own issues) nut still...... they must get their act together and don't release a beta bios every two days but put more effort in one or two GOOD beta's.

Stasio, any way of putting back up the F4j/f4m bioses for X58 EXT, and F4r bioses for X58 UD5. I have emailed them to more than one person. I know of 9 people that have tried F4/F5a and all 9 had problems with it...and 9 of 9 tells me the bios is bad. Or at least warn people they should not be OCing with that bios. One person had to reinstall OS after trying it.

In mean time X58 UD5 F4r is here:
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-UD5

X58 Ext F4j is here
    GIGABYTE GA-EX58-Extrem
    Last edited by rge; 12-26-2008 at 12:06 AM.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

Quote Originally Posted by lafleche View Post
    This is totally BS..... where is the QA/source control for bios development at Gigabyte HQ?
    Old repaired bugs are comming back again, S3 sleep is a hit and miss, the turn-on-off-bug is as it seems still there and I am not even overclocking!!!

It seems that F4j/m bios are the best until now.... where can I download this one now?

Slowly but surely I am regretting buying Gigabyte and not Asus (which probably has it's own issues) nut still...... they must get their act together and don't release a beta bios every two days but put more effort in one or two GOOD beta's.
    Tell me about it, my GA-MA78GM-S2H (v 1.0) can't even properly detect my X-Fi XtremeGamer PCI card that's been on the market for how long now Gigabyte? Now what I need from Gigabyte support who thankfully has been pretty helpful is to read the manufacturer ID/device# and forward this to support who in turn will have Taiwan build a custom BIOS for me, just crazy...

This board is a piece of ****. I've never saw where bundled software refused to work for a board in ALL os's. I give up. This is going back.

How many of you are ex-58 extreme users? im having trouble getting mine to run at 200bclck, it just shuts it self down and refuses to boot, doesnt even get to the part where i click del to get to bios.

If anyone HAS had REAL success getting this to run on 200bclck ON THE EX-58 EXTREME, please post up that bios.

Ive tried f3,f4a,f5a and just then i tried the f4j, they all failed.

Quote Originally Posted by vizard View Post
    How many of you are ex-58 extreme users? im having trouble getting mine to run at 200bclck, it just shuts it self down and refuses to boot, doesnt even get to the part where i click del to get to bios.

If anyone HAS had REAL success getting this to run on 200bclck ON THE EX-58 EXTREME, please post up that bios.

Ive tried f3,f4a,f5a and just then i tried the f4j, they all failed.
    Use either f4j or f4m, I am stable on both, f4j works for most though. Some cpus cant do 200 bclk, some limits high 190s, others 200's others max 220's. Try some bios settings from thread below using f4j bios, many of us are running prime stable 200 bclk, my settings in my sig.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...205779&page=50
    Last edited by rge; 12-26-2008 at 10:08 AM.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

F4j and 4jm are the best for Extreme? Which are the best for Ud5?

Maybe offtop here, but I modified UD5 F5a BIOS, and checked, if it works.
    Used CBROM 1.82.
    What is changed:
    * JMicron firmware updated to 1.06.79
    * ICH10R RAID firmware updated to 8.5.1030
    no bugs fixed, just updated these 2 modules
    both are compatible with previous version, so You don't need to rebuild RAID

download link is here: http://rapidshare.com/files/176905790/EX58UD5_F5AM.zip
    Last edited by NoAngel; 12-26-2008 at 06:53 PM.

So what you are saying is that you made a bios version which should be made by GigaByte in the first place? Respect!!!

Thread Information