Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 175 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 75125165173174175176177185225275675 ... LastLast
Results 1,741 to 1,750 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Ya, I did mean it as a joke as in J/K Just kidding. Guess I should have added in a smiley

So you still have S3 issues on P45-DS3R? I can check on this for you but it will be a two weeks before my contact will be back. I know it is resolved in the DS4, so I would think it would be in that model but maybe not?

Does it function properly at stock, with your ram and MCH Set properly for your setup and ram spec's? If so then that would mean it is functioning proper and you should be able to use it at most any clocks as long as settings are correct.

Sorry should have said, S3 works perfectly has done ever since they released F10 Bios, even overclocked it still works perfectly - running QX6850 at 3.3Ghz (had it up to 4Ghz, but unstable) and 4Gb DDR2 memory at 1100Mhz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.1v (made extensive use of your memory guide). Need to build my watercooling before I go further with CPU, but that's for another thread.

Thanks for your offer of checking though.

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Welcome to forum,
    all already explained just few pages back.
    thanks man , i eventally found what i was seeking.

cheers

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    If you do find you got it corrected and fixed when you get home, please post your full steps used so maybe others can use it and see if it corrects things for them. Thanks
    Just to be sure, the problem the other user/s is/are having, is:

After windows finishes loading, devices attached to the jmicron controller get disabled/enabled many times for a while, until it stops doing it ?

when i read the driver release notes, i thought it was related to a problem when waking up from some sleep state, which i dont use.

i really didnt care about this problem before, cause i had never used my dvdrw upon booting (and i thought it was unafected), and the hdd that had the issue (i could see it disapearing and reapearing in the device manager, but i never noticed the dvdrw doing the same) was not used under windows, and the problem didnt happen under OSX (so a driver problem it must be ?).

Today i had to burn a DVD "fast", and my dvdrw got disabled during the burning, and didnt come back (i ended up conecting it to the ich10 ports)

If my problem isnt resolved, i will try the drivers labeled as "no esata", wich set all devices as none removable. i was sing the regular driver (which relies on the bios for telling if a device should be removable or not), cause one if my jmicron ports is conected to my case esata conector.

pd: i wouldnt use the jmicron controller at all, since i have free ports on the ich10, but my osx install needs to be done on a drive working as AHCI, and i can set the ich10 to anything but RAID, since i have a raid 0 setup (which i hate cause it is windows only, no linux or OSX, but i love it, cause its really fast :P )

My problem remains unfixed, but the hdd disapeared only 1 to 3 times after turning on the pc...

i guess that this would crash windows, if it was the HDD were the os was installed, or, it wouldnt happen.

ill try the no esata drivers.

EDIT:

installed R1.17.50.02_No_eSATA (1.17.50.01 is whats displayed in the device manager).

Now my HDD is no longer recogniced as a removable device, it apears above all the hdds (it was at the bottom before), and no longer disconects, not even once (for now).
    i will flash the bios with the 1.07 rom, cause... i want to XD
    Last edited by rcocchiararo; 08-21-2009 at 07:29 AM.

Hi there!

I just discovered the forum while googling, as I have (you'd have guessed ) issues trying new BIOSes for my UD5. Gee!

So here I am, and I hope you'll pardon me for not having read the whole thread lots of messages, and not all UD5 related of course.

So here's the problem:

I have an i7 920 (C0) I managed to overclock successfully with BIOS F4 (official) - I can't even remember if my board (shipped in january 2009) was fitted with BIOS F3 or F4 / maybe I was the one who flashed, dunno etc...

I had a nice/correct/sufficient overclock, at 3.8 Ghz, and Turbo mode working like a charm, even if I had to "volt the CPU" a bit, and tweak quite a lot of parameters (damn tricky i7 !)

Today, I noticed that there were quite a few new BIOSes, and I thought "let's have some fun with that computer, can't hurt to have the latest BIOS, should be pretty stable by now".... Well...while I know BIOS changes often require some finetuning of overclocking parameters... I was very disappointed to see that the official F7 BIOS simply blows up with my OC'd parameters... Even the "easy" 3.2 Ghz isn't possible, only stock values will do... Same thing and worse with F9a-beta : continuous reboots, won't even get to Vista, freezes in-BIOS etc... And there are no bloody notes for most of the BIOSes, very annoying!

So...I'm probably going to revert back to the old F4 BIOS, which is VERY frustrating

If anybody has a clue, or knows what has changed between F4 and F7/F9a, I'd be glad to know

Here are screens of my working parameters under BIOS F4, if it helps

thanks !

Does anyone have a recent UD5 bios with the latest ICH10R raid firmware in it? I've found that the stock one included with the official bios (if there is even an updated one inside) is very unstable. ( EX58-UD5 stability issues - TweakTown Forums ).

Ghz had previously provided custom firmware but for other boards.
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD5 F9a Bios
    Intel i7 920 D0
    Corsair TX 750 PSU
    Corsair 6 Sticks of TR3X3G1600C9
    2 x Albatron 8800GT. Zalman coolers. Iandh heatsinks
    1 x ATI 5870
    2 x 30GB OCZ Core v2 SSD Raid 0 running from ICH10R controller (OS Drive). Data Drives - 2 x 320G WD, 2 x 750 Samsung, 1 x 500gb WD, 4 x samsung 1.5TB eco raid 5, 1 x ocz summit 60gb
    Windows 7 64bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Is this an issue for you still with current BIOS? Not sure by the way you worded the comment.

If so, please verify with CPU-z 1.52.1 because 1.52.2 has a known bug
    Yes it is still with F9a I am overclocking my board to turbo level a 2.66 @ 2.79 However with Bios F9a it is reported in vista as 2.67 @ 2.66 but with BiOS F7 it shows 2.67 @ 2.79

when you use the gigabyte 6 overclocking util and number B selection which changes it from a 920 to a 940 and then reboots all temperatures are higher verifing an overclock FPS on COD goes from 200 to 230 but vista still reports it at 2.66 It is the same in both BIOS F8 and F9a this was tested with CPUz 1.52.1 and it showed up as an overclock, it seems as if the bios is reporting the incorrect infomation to vista but cpuz reads it ok crasy as it use to work correctly with F7.

they are heading in the right direction but it is annoying when you get tech support refusing to beleive in the G15 issue and state we dont recommend to upgrade your bios when you have no problems, My experience is years of ASUS boards testing and at least they listen and work constructively to a fix the attitude of dont upgrade bios is silly. I have learnt that most motherboard manufactures pump these boards out that fast then all of a sudden they are met with chipset limitations incompatible ram issues and CPU patches required in BIOS to address these issues no board and i mean no board is stable with the manufactures retail release BIOS 25 years has tought me that. If the recommendation is not to upgrade the BIOS code under most circumstances, then these manufactures needs to be held accountable and pre test these boards more carefully and not to fire the usual responce back in the form of an email. Now if I followed gigabytes instructions i should have returned my board to my dealer 250kilometers away and ask him to test it with many USB keyboards. It makes no sence when it was a BIOS problem. the G15 logitech keyboard problem is all over google as i explained to him.

I am sorry but there is no excuse to continue to manufacture boards and have your customers complain and finally get a stable board up around bios F12, the other annoyance is that you will get people stating then dont use a beta BIOS, well when you have problems with corsair ram and G15 keyboard issues you prey fro a bios release and to top it off as board makers come out with new boards and previous boards loose priorites just look at all asus gigabyte xfx and acer and the common thing is for the last bios released is a beta bios that never makes final. I rest my case.
    Last edited by DTHCoCo; 08-21-2009 at 11:02 AM.

Unable to get the F10a for GA-X58 UD4P....
    I keep getting a Network Timed Out message.........

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by caintry_boy View Post
    Unable to get the F10a for GA-X58 UD4P....
    I keep getting a Network Timed Out message.........

Yeah,server is down a few hours.In the mean time,use this links:
    GA-EX58 UD4P - F10a
    GA-EX58 UD4P - F10a
    Hope,server will be back soon.
    Last edited by stasio; 08-21-2009 at 08:24 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;