Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 176 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 76126166174175176177178186226276676 ... LastLast
Results 1,751 to 1,760 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Been down all night...... Thanks for the links. What's the best way to flash, Q-Flash with USB, or Floppy in DOS??

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by caintry_boy View Post
    Been down all night...... Thanks for the links. What's the best way to flash, Q-Flash with USB, or Floppy in DOS??

Q-Flash itself, bootable USB or Floppy are save:

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/bios...h-guide-27576/
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Got it!!

Last edited by caintry_boy; 08-21-2009 at 09:11 PM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rcocchiararo View Post
    My problem remains unfixed, but the hdd disapeared only 1 to 3 times after turning on the pc...

i guess that this would crash windows, if it was the HDD were the os was installed, or, it wouldnt happen.

ill try the no esata drivers.

EDIT:

installed R1.17.50.02_No_eSATA (1.17.50.01 is whats displayed in the device manager).

Now my HDD is no longer recogniced as a removable device, it apears above all the hdds (it was at the bottom before), and no longer disconects, not even once (for now).
    i will flash the bios with the 1.07 rom, cause... i want to XD
    Nice to see you resolved the issue

Quote Originally Posted by Zilog View Post
    Hi there!

I just discovered the forum while googling, as I have (you'd have guessed ) issues trying new BIOSes for my UD5. Gee!

So here I am, and I hope you'll pardon me for not having read the whole thread lots of messages, and not all UD5 related of course.

So here's the problem:

I have an i7 920 (C0) I managed to overclock successfully with BIOS F4 (official) - I can't even remember if my board (shipped in january 2009) was fitted with BIOS F3 or F4 / maybe I was the one who flashed, dunno etc...

I had a nice/correct/sufficient overclock, at 3.8 Ghz, and Turbo mode working like a charm, even if I had to "volt the CPU" a bit, and tweak quite a lot of parameters (damn tricky i7 !)

Today, I noticed that there were quite a few new BIOSes, and I thought "let's have some fun with that computer, can't hurt to have the latest BIOS, should be pretty stable by now".... Well...while I know BIOS changes often require some finetuning of overclocking parameters... I was very disappointed to see that the official F7 BIOS simply blows up with my OC'd parameters... Even the "easy" 3.2 Ghz isn't possible, only stock values will do... Same thing and worse with F9a-beta : continuous reboots, won't even get to Vista, freezes in-BIOS etc... And there are no bloody notes for most of the BIOSes, very annoying!

So...I'm probably going to revert back to the old F4 BIOS, which is VERY frustrating

If anybody has a clue, or knows what has changed between F4 and F7/F9a, I'd be glad to know

Here are screens of my working parameters under BIOS F4, if it helps

thanks !
    Please make a new thread with your info, I can't keep track of helping you in this thread.

But yes, you always will need to re-adjust things between versions. And since you are coming from a really old version you may need to make plenty of changes you do not expect.

The new BIOS's are much better, so don't give up on them so quickly

Quote Originally Posted by Koops View Post
    Does anyone have a recent UD5 bios with the latest ICH10R raid firmware in it? I've found that the stock one included with the official bios (if there is even an updated one inside) is very unstable. ( EX58-UD5 stability issues - TweakTown Forums ).

Ghz had previously provided custom firmware but for other boards.
    The latest BIOS's all have AHCI 1.20E in them so not sure which you are asking about. Did you meant the RAID Module itself? If so I can post the ROM for you but I cannot post a mod'd BIOS here

Quote Originally Posted by DTHCoCo View Post
    Yes it is still with F9a I am overclocking my board to turbo level a 2.66 @ 2.79 However with Bios F9a it is reported in vista as 2.67 @ 2.66 but with BiOS F7 it shows 2.67 @ 2.79

when you use the gigabyte 6 overclocking util and number B selection which changes it from a 920 to a 940 and then reboots all temperatures are higher verifing an overclock FPS on COD goes from 200 to 230 but vista still reports it at 2.66 It is the same in both BIOS F8 and F9a this was tested with CPUz 1.52.1 and it showed up as an overclock, it seems as if the bios is reporting the incorrect infomation to vista but cpuz reads it ok crasy as it use to work correctly with F7.

they are heading in the right direction but it is annoying when you get tech support refusing to beleive in the G15 issue and state we dont recommend to upgrade your bios when you have no problems, My experience is years of ASUS boards testing and at least they listen and work constructively to a fix the attitude of dont upgrade bios is silly. I have learnt that most motherboard manufactures pump these boards out that fast then all of a sudden they are met with chipset limitations incompatible ram issues and CPU patches required in BIOS to address these issues no board and i mean no board is stable with the manufactures retail release BIOS 25 years has tought me that. If the recommendation is not to upgrade the BIOS code under most circumstances, then these manufactures needs to be held accountable and pre test these boards more carefully and not to fire the usual responce back in the form of an email. Now if I followed gigabytes instructions i should have returned my board to my dealer 250kilometers away and ask him to test it with many USB keyboards. It makes no sence when it was a BIOS problem. the G15 logitech keyboard problem is all over google as i explained to him.

I am sorry but there is no excuse to continue to manufacture boards and have your customers complain and finally get a stable board up around bios F12, the other annoyance is that you will get people stating then dont use a beta BIOS, well when you have problems with corsair ram and G15 keyboard issues you prey fro a bios release and to top it off as board makers come out with new boards and previous boards loose priorites just look at all asus gigabyte xfx and acer and the common thing is for the last bios released is a beta bios that never makes final. I rest my case.
    Those differences are normal that you mention with Vista, XP does it as well. CPU-z is all you need to use to verify your speeds. Vista sometimes will update it or show different info, but generally this will only be when you install if overclocked it will match up.

See here is mine today using 4.2Ghz overclock, Vista only shows 4Ghz because that is what it was set to when I installed. All normal Vista/Xp behavior >>>

Beta BIOS is fine to use, it's all I ever use myself. I don't even install the final's unless specifically asked to by a user to test something

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

See here is mine today using 4.2Ghz overclock, Vista only shows 4Ghz because that is what it was set to when I installed. All normal Vista/Xp behavior >>>
    Not the topic here, but is usefull:
    Make Windows 7 and Vista 32-bit (x86) Support More Than 4GB Memory
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

And why did you quote me on that?

Seeing and being able to access and use more than 4GB is two different things, x86 system will never be able to address more than 4GB total

New BIOS:

GA-EP43-UD3L - F5

Improve memory compatibilities.
    Last edited by stasio; 08-23-2009 at 03:18 PM.
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by JZ_ View Post
    GA-EX58-Extreme - TestBetaBIOS F9a
    GA-EX58-UD5 - TestBetaBIOS F9a
    GA-EX58-UD4P - TestBetaBIOS F10a
    GA-EX58-UD3R - TestBetaBIOS F8a
    GA-EX58-UD4 - TestBetaBIOS F7a

JZelectronic
    any idea when the DS4 will get the F*a (or whatever) that will fix the usb bug intruduced with F7 final?

lsd: I can confirm that F9c fixes the S3 resume problem for me at blk 200. CPUz DOES report the ram at CAS4 though although I am not sure if that is a bug with the BIOS just saying that the ram is at cas4 or not. Benchmarking does not appear to be causing any BSODs or reboots and there is no way this ram would not choke at these latencies and this speed if it were REALLY running at CAS4. It must just be a reporting bug. Same overclocking abilities as F8 and I have even went a little higher with F9c. I will keep the board posted if I run into anything. Thanks for your help mate.
    Last edited by j0nx; 08-22-2009 at 08:44 PM.
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Thread Information