Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 179 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279679 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Sorry for an outsider's say, but I have had a similar problem with a similar system (everything O.K. but Prime), and with Lsdmeasap's big help we found the solution at last. My ram needs more voltage than before. Here is the topic: http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/prob...f9-bios-33609/
    Edifying to read.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Orthos and Prime95 are the same thing, just different GUI is all.
    Unless Orthos has been updated, it is not true. I have only seen one version so far and it was based on 2004 Prime95. I believe it was created because back then Prime95 could only run one thread.

I can be wrong though :)

Ahh well since you remind me of that then ya you are correct. I guess they do the same things though is what I meant so if set the same the test should be the same

Unfortunately lots of people still haven't realized Prime95 went a LONG way and is totally different nowadays.
    Just to promote (one of) the best stress testing utility around, grab the latest version from this article: Prime95 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

(it is perfectly safe to use the beta)

Thanks for the heads up and updated info!

I use LinX myself, along with HCI Design's Memtest and Memtest86+

I got some crazy instability out of the blue the day after I updated to F9C as well. I was running solid at 4ghz on F8 and solid on F9C for 36 hours and then out of the blue I started freezing in the OS and blue screening. The BSOD's gave no indication of the error. I had to lower my OC to 3.8 and so far it's been stable. What I don't understand is that I ran 2 hours solid of prime 95 and 10 iterations of the IBT in that 36 hour period and it ran all of them perfectly never getting above 63C under load and 38C idle. This just started happening for no apparent reason. I am keeping my eye on it but so far I am stable at 3.8ghz which doesn't appear to be causing me to lose framerate in FSX which is my sole reason for this PC. Weird...

You think it could be my ram settings too with the F9C BIOS? Although I'm just using the same XMP profile as I was in F8, assuming it didn't change. I was at 1600 before at 200blk but now I am at 1520, 190blk and it 'seems' to be stable so far at this setting.
    Last edited by j0nx; 08-25-2009 at 09:32 PM.
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

Ya, I think it is your Ram, more particular your use of XMP

I do not suggest or use XMP for this reason. XMP Settings should not include QPI/Vtt settings as this will vary with ALL CPU's. So I assume this is your issues, you should find and set your own QPI/Vtt setting because there is no way that some pre-programmed setting can be correct for your CPU. So please find and set your own QPI/Vtt voltage and then you should be good to go.

F9c is a great BIOS, been using it myself for a LONG time now and have not had any issues with it

What BSOD Error code are you seeing? If it is 0x00000124 then it is almost for sure QPI/Vtt and due to use of XMP. I suggest you set all things manually. If you need help with that please start a thread with your settings and specs, link in my signature for settings template

There was no code that I could find in the event viewer log for my BSOD and I was looking for it. The ram was running at 1600 at 1.66V but other settings were from XMP profile. Like I said though, it passed 10 iterations of IBT under maximum settings previous to the crashes and the processor and memory are stressed to the limits in those tests. It just started flipping out under the same settings that it had previously been stable at...

My temps are excellent though at 4ghz and i never go above 65C under load and I idle in the high 30's. Turbo and HT are turned off since I am finding flight sim to be MUCH more fluid and smooth with HT off. I was getting random drops in frame rate of 30% or more for 10 seconds at a time about every 3 minutes or so until I disabled HT. No more drops in frame rate after that. Temps would never go above 73C under load with HT on and it was stable then as well passing hours of prime95. Everything just seems smoother to me in games with HT off and it is primarily a game box anyway, not a video or photoshop machine.

I use the Corsair TR3X6G1600C8 G 6GB module kit if that helps you any. All the timings in the XMP profile show up as they are advertised. I have no clue what the QPI/Vtt voltage would be stock anyway and the ram was never overclocked as it is. It only ever ran at 1600.
    Gigabyte UD4P X58 F9c | i7 920 @ 4Ghz | 6 GB DDR3 1600 | Nvidia GTX285 | WD Velociraptor 300GB and Seagate 750GB | Corsair HX750W
    Creative X-Fi | Silverstone TJ-09BW | Matrox Digital TH2G with 3x19" Samsung LCDs | Hanns-G 28" LCD | Windows 7 Ultimate X64

The code I asked about would be seen on the BSOD Screen itself, not sure if it is shown in even viewer.

You may have a faulty module then if this started out of the blue and you do not think any new driver or program is causing it. You should test each stick one by one with Memtest86+ 5-10 full passes to be sure they are all ok

Timings are not my issues with XMP, only QPI/Vtt voltages. And you should also set your own Uncore multi to 2x or above your ram multi

Thread Information