Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 18 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 8161718192028681185181018 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by rge View Post
    Use either f4j or f4m, I am stable on both, f4j works for most though. Some cpus cant do 200 bclk, some limits high 190s, others 200's others max 220's. Try some bios settings from thread below using f4j bios, many of us are running prime stable 200 bclk, my settings in my sig.

Core i7/X58 Overclocking Thread - Page 50 - XtremeSystems Forums
    what about the problem where as soon as you hit save and exit on bios the pc just shuts off?

what kind of stupid ass feature is this? did gigabyte even test these boards before releasing them.

Its absolutely pathetic, it doesnt even try to boot sometimes, it just shuts down after i hit save and exit, then when i try power on it doesnt power on for more than a few seconds, fans spin, lights come on, then its off. i have to clear cmos and do all the bios settings ALL over again to test whats wrong.

As i said in the other thread, i wont be buying a gigabyte motherboard once i get rid of this crappy board, ill be telling everyone i know who is going to i7 to STAY THE HELL AWAY FROM THIS CRAPPY BOARD.

Lolz, you should re-check your settings, I'm fine at 200bclk (passed prime95 8 hours+), bios f4j.

This board is not crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by kid41212003 View Post
    Lolz, you should re-check your settings, I'm fine at 200bclk (passed prime95 8 hours+), bios f4j.

This board is not crappy.
    why dont you post up exactly what settings you used to get that stable.

and the board is crappy, for a 500$+AUD board it should DO what it sais it can do, YET IT DOESNT.

if its not the board then its the crappy bios and the crappy support for this product.

First, what is your cooling setup? Air, water?
    CPU? i7 920?
    With HT enabled, the cpu will run REALLY hot, ignore the board CPU temp LED, it's not the Cores temp.

The link that vizard gave you should help you more than I could write here. You'll need a right combination for Uncore, QPI, and memory divider.

Quote Originally Posted by kid41212003 View Post
    First, what is your cooling setup? Air, water?
    CPU? i7 920?
    With HT enabled, the cpu will run REALLY hot, ignore the board CPU temp LED, it's not the Cores temp.

The link that vizard gave you should help you more than I could write here. You'll need a right combination for Uncore, QPI, and memory divider.
    system below :

core i7 920 cooled by true 120 black
    corsair xms3 1600mhz 6GB
    ga-ex58 extreme
    4870x2 card
    ocz 60gb SSD drive

i know i need the right combo but ive tried exactly what the pdf guide says without any success, whats the point of the pdf overclocking guide if its not gonna work lol.

The guide is not official, it's not from GIGABYTE.

Read the link vizard gave you, I spent 2 weeks trying to figure out the right settings, so you should spend some time to figure out yours, It's the interesting part of OC, abit stressing, but that how it should be.

seems people are not even reading what im posting, if you guys dont wanna help then dont help, but dont go and assume someone is lazy and hasnt done any testing or research. ive been trying to get this going for the past week.

like i said, for the 3rd time, my problem is not so much not being about to overclock, the problem is the board is not even TRYING to do it, it just shuts down as soon as i hit save and exit. So my question, AGAIN, is if anyone has had this problem and have they fixed it with something?

I updated to the latest bios, now the bios wont detect my ram. Had this issue with factory installed bios on first boot attempt, but after reseating the ram it was fine, and was fine for 11 hours of memtest. Cant flash back the bios because I cant get to the bios screen as ram has issues (C1 post message, 1 long beep, reboots, 1 long beep followed by continuous short beeps, reboot, followed by 88 and no beeps).

Using Patriot 6GB PC3-12800 Viper Extreme Performance (3x2GB) which admittedly isnt on the compatibility chart, but at 1600mhz it should work, as it did with factory installed bios.

The only thing I can think of doing is buying a 25 512mb of memory, getting to bios and re-flashing. Just hope the mobo picks up the ram and not skrewed everything up for good.

Gigabyte, please fix!

Vizard, whenever you change certain bios settings, the board will do a hard restart, ie shutdown first. If settings you enter are then not stable, it may fail to restart requiring clear cmos, reboot several times and kick out your settings, or just fail to load windows and keep rebooting to bios screen, etc.

Use multi 19, qpi 36, mem 6x, uncore 15x, dram volts 1.66, qpi/vtt 1.35v, cpu vore 1.4v, LLC enabled, turbo disabled, pcie 100mhz manually, enter your ram timings, ie 8,8,8,24 manually for all 3 channels, performance standard. This will eliminate all issues but bclk. Then raise bclk 10-20 at time and find max bclk to boot into windows, so you can start eliminating variables. You can raise the rest like uncore 16x, mem 8x once you get cpu stable, otherwise working with to many variables to know what is wrong.

either pm me with results or post on xtreme in link I gave above, I dont want to infringe on stasio's bios thread.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

Ok guys...long time reader, first time poster.

got my new parts today (i7 920, Gigabyte X58-UD5 & 3x1GB G.Skill 1600mhz)

I've tried everything to get my ram to run @ its correct speed, but it just wont.

My settings

Load XMP Profile (1600mhz) and set ram timings to 9-9-9-24-2T

Set CPU voltage to 1.4125 (for 4.0Ghz)
    Set QPI/VTT voltage to 1.555 (as i have a lot of hdd's and running ram at higher speed)
    Set Dram voltage to 1.7V (more than specified)
    All other voltages are auto.

Turbo disabled
    Hyperthreading disabled
    Set QPI multi to X36
    Uncore to x13
    Multi to x20
    Mem Multi to x8.

But it wont boot @ that ram speed. I drop the ram multi back to 6 and it boots up fine and can loop 3dmark several times.

Can someone point me in the right direction

Other specs are:

HD4870X2
    Asus Xonar D2X Soundcard
    1 x 300GB velociraptor
    2 x 1TB Samsung HDD's
    2 x Pioneer DVD-RW
    Leadtek TV-Tuner PCI
    Antec Quattro 1000W

Thanks

Thread Information