Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 202 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

P55-UD3R -- F3f dated 9/22/09
    I7 - 2600K
    Gigabyte Z77X-UD3H (bios F20e mod)
    G.SKILL Ripjaws Z Series 16GB (4 x 4GB)
    Sapphire 7970
    ASUS XONAR DX
    Windows 8.1 64 bit

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    So no need for me to check m and p then correct? If not, glad to see you found a BIOS you like!

Yes, it is a good idea to load optimized before you flash, but it is not a must
    Thanks again Lsdmeasap, no need to check. it seems to work fine. I will grab the final release (or more probably keep flashing betas)

The USB keyboard works in MSDOS now so that's good. I'm surprised more people didn't have that problem.

Everything is good. The 860 is running at about 4Ghz happily.
    P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
    880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
    2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The USB keyboard function in MSDOS is NOT fixed. I wonder if I am overlooking something. After I got this board (GA-P55-UD4P) and after every flash, I have to change the USB port of the keyboard and restart before it will work. Then it works from then on. I can't figure it out. I am following the directions (it was the same new also) but if anyone is having this issue, just change the USB port and restart and the keyboard should work for the boot menu and to get out of the MIT current status.
    P55-UD4P - i7860 - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - 1600Mhz Mushkin 7-8-7-20 - 3 WD 640GB Black
    880GMA-UD2P - X6 1055T CPU - Patriot Inferno 120GB SSD - GSkill 1333 8-8-8-21 - 2 500GB WD Black
    2 or 3 other systems I like to play with and a laptop

Wink Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by rcocchiararo View Post
    and for .exe ? :p
    WinRaR will open sfx archives (which is nothing more than a self extracting archive and its corresponding executable/.msi, etc...., all wrapped up in a nice package and dubbed with the ".EXE" extension).
    So yes, this means you can open *most* .exe files. And winrar allows you a 40 day trial if i recall, but you can totally keep using it forever! Only kicker is after trial expires, winrar will pop a small nag screen up every time you open it. Just simply press the cancel or close button on the nag screen (can't remember right off-hand) and that's it!!
    And someone mentioned 7-zip some posts behind; Yes 7-zip is free, yes you can open up most .EXE with 7-zip, BUT, it will not extract files from these archives...........
    FWIW, i have both programs installed on my system, as each has its pros and cons......

Oh I almost forgot to say, wassap my fellow tweaks!! Thanks for having me on the forum, and I hope we can tweak till we are old and gray!
    Last edited by solo1420; 09-23-2009 at 08:12 AM. Reason: forgot to say HI to TT!!

Anyone running 8GB memory successfully on Their P55's?
    And does Win7 read all 8GB?
    Thanks
    Webox

X58-UD5 920 12GB 1600 Titan 128GB SSD.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Updated with BIOS:

GA-P55-UD6 - F5d
    GA-P55-UD5 - F5f
    GA-P55-UD4 - F3h
    GA-P55-UD4P - F4r
    GA-P55-UD3 - F4i
    GA-P55-UD3P - F4i
    GA-P55-UD3R - F3f

Improve OC ability
    Last edited by stasio; 09-23-2009 at 07:38 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by solo1420 View Post
    WinRaR will open sfx archives (which is nothing more than a self extracting archive and its corresponding executable/.msi, etc...., all wrapped up in a nice package and dubbed with the ".EXE" extension).
    So yes, this means you can open *most* .exe files. And winrar allows you a 40 day trial if i recall, but you can totally keep using it forever! Only kicker is after trial expires, winrar will pop a small nag screen up every time you open it. Just simply press the cancel or close button on the nag screen (can't remember right off-hand) and that's it!!
    And someone mentioned 7-zip some posts behind; Yes 7-zip is free, yes you can open up most .EXE with 7-zip, BUT, it will not extract files from these archives...........
    FWIW, i have both programs installed on my system, as each has its pros and cons......

Oh I almost forgot to say, wassap my fellow tweaks!! Thanks for having me on the forum, and I hope we can tweak till we are old and gray!
    Just so you know, not sure if you were unsure or just trying other apps, you can simply double click a SFX file to extract it. No extra programs are needed in windows to do this

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Just so you know, not sure if you were unsure or just trying other apps, you can simply double click a SFX file to extract it. No extra programs are needed in windows to do this
    yessir, fully aware....... I am just very ...... can't think of the word lol......... almost OCD about my computer. (lol I'm not quite obsessive-compulsive, but a degree or two below OCD)
    I would rather manually extract myself, to prevent temp files from being created..... Go ahead, call me old school; Seems that habits(bad??) never die. Before the flames get ignited, I am fully aware of nice little progs to automate the cleaning of said files(and which I use a couple of these progs already for other various purposes =)). Under these same (stubborn maybe? =)) beliefs, I have never used any anti-virus, or firewall. Out of the many many years that have passed, I have been infected twice(well technically only once, as the other infection was caused from my own neglegence; Had a co-worker's computer at my house to remove a nasty virus he had acquired himself and despite several attempts by his brother (who supposedly had well above average technical know-how) at removing this thing, here it sits booted up, happily networked with my personal systems. Well, turns out this lil guy decides to replicate and jump on my rig before my dumbass realizes my mistake and isolates this system from my LAN.) IMO, some of the AV/spyware progs available actually "ATTRACT" viruses, and also many viruses/worms/trojans/etc....., are actually developed by the very same devs that developed the programs to prevent the infection in the first place.
    Just to remind you of aforementioned stance on this, this is my OPINION!!! (just for the potential trolls)!! My god, I can ramble on sometimes!! sorry =)

P.S. Q for ya LSD: just updated to F10d beta(upg from F8) from gbt site, and this bios is defaulting my QPI @ 6.4, unless I manually change it. Can a 920 run at 6.4? I was under the impression that the 920 only ran at 4.8. Also, I noticed the line(s) of LEDs(namely the line beside the DIMMs), is completely lit up while booted to the bios setup. As far as the status of the LEDs in my OS, I don't know yet LOL. This brings up an (un)related problem I have been faced with. Oh, my specs are as follows: (ex58-ud4p, i7 920 stock clock(not sure of stepping atm), 6 gb ram (TR3X6G1600C9), GTX280, killer K1 NIC(PCI), Auzentech X-Fi Forte 7.1(PCI-EX), Kingwin 1000w PSU, 2 x WD velociraptor 300gb in RAID 0 (OS drive), 500gb seagate (etc... drive), Pioneer BDR-203BK blu-ray burner, and some DVD burner (HSST something maybe), oh yeah case is Antec 1200, and ummmmm doh forgot about cpu cooler which is a V8. Im not at the house, so if you need any more info, which I'm sure I left something out, just lemme know, and I'll respond once I'm back home(will provide more details about the (un)related problem I am referring to above as well.

Thanks in advance for any help (and thanks for the time taken to read my book....er post)

I know what you mean, I personally use winrar and I always just right click SFX's myself and extract to XX/Here

Yeap, 920 can run 8.0Gt/s +QPI Speeds, it will be fine. Did you check with CPU tweaker or CPU-z to be sure it is really at 6.4 instead of just showing that for Auto in the BIOS? 920 default is 4.8, but 6.4 is just as stable/easy to use

What is the problem? You never said, LED's on during Bootup/BIOS/DOS is normal.

Thread Information