Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 211 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 111161201209210211212213221261311711 ... LastLast
Results 2,101 to 2,110 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Then you have turbo enabled. Not memory enhance (Standard, Turbo, Extreme) I mean Intel CPU turbo.

It is here >>

Advanced CPU Features:
    CPU Clock Ratio ................................ [20x]
    Intel(R) Turbo Boost Tech .................. [Enabled] <<< This is enabled, giving you x21 CPU multi
    CPU Cores Enabled ............................ [All]
    CPU Multi Threading .......................... [Enabled]
    CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) ................... [Disabled]
    C3/C6/C7 State Support .................... [Disabled]
    CPU Thermal Monitor ......................... [Enabled]
    CPU EIST Function ............................ [Disabled]
    Virtualization Technology ................... [Enabled]
    Bi-Directional PROCHOT ..................... [Enabled]

I'm sure it's a deliberate step by Gigabyte, could you explain why the option CPU Enhanced Halt (C1E) has been removed with the X58-UD5 F9h BIOS?
    Last edited by JumpyJim; 10-13-2009 at 04:52 PM.
    Chasis Corsair 700D Mobo GA-EX58-UD5 (F13u) CPU i7 920 D0 (Corsair H50-1) RAM Patriot Viper 12GB DDR3 GPU Sapphire 6870 HD PSU Corsair TX 750W Storage OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD / 7 TB HDD / Optiarc AD-5170A DVDRW Display Hanns.G HG281DJ 28in LCD Monitor OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

F9h is a Internal Test BIOS, not to be used by the general public. So yes, that and or other things may be deliberately disabled/hidden for testing purposes.

Please use F9f or wait for newer Beta

Thanks for that. But I'll be keeping this F9h BIOS applied as it is the first BIOS since F8 that has not produced the electrical "buzzing" that I have experienced with all the other F9x BIOS's :)
    Chasis Corsair 700D Mobo GA-EX58-UD5 (F13u) CPU i7 920 D0 (Corsair H50-1) RAM Patriot Viper 12GB DDR3 GPU Sapphire 6870 HD PSU Corsair TX 750W Storage OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD / 7 TB HDD / Optiarc AD-5170A DVDRW Display Hanns.G HG281DJ 28in LCD Monitor OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

That is because C1E is disabled, all you have to do is disable it in the other BIOSes

Thanks. That was going to be my next question, what is the default state of the C1E hidden option :) I guess I am jinxed because I had tried turning off C1 / C3 / EIST options with previous F9x BIOS's to no avail, the "buzz" persisted. In general, would you say that it is with the C1E halt instruction, C3/C6/C7 or when EIST kicks in or a combination of these features, that the "buzzing" happens? Which component is usually at "fault" with the power state change and emitts the "buzz", is it the PSU, the graphics card or the motherboard itself?
    Last edited by JumpyJim; 10-13-2009 at 05:32 PM.

Well there would not be a "Normal" default really, as they hid or removed it for a reason. In this case it is likely disabled as default for a test purpose, maybe to fix the issue you mention?

If you previously only disabled C1E, ect and not EIST that may be where you went wrong, they may work fine with both disabled

I am not sure what the cause is exactly, I always have C1E and EIST disabled, so I have never heard this buzz or used the features so I wouldn't know when or what causes it. As for the buzz itself, often the PSU is part of the issue but this varies from board to board and PSU to PSU, and can of course also be other components as well.

Do you use these features anyway, just ask because most users do not. If you don't just disable them and don't worry about the buzz if they are enabled.

Some possible causes posted here
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...l-noise-27794/

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/buzzing-noise-29656/

http://forums.tweaktown.com/f69/ga-e...29/index2.html

But as you can see, with this BIOS setting disabled the buzz is gone, so you know you can just disable it in the next new BIOS and you should be good to go

Thanks again Lsdmeasap. I do not run anything overclocked, everything is at stock. The PC is always on and when idle, I want to take advantage of all the energy saving features available. So yes, I do use all these options. Perhaps it doesn't apply to everybody who experiences the "buzzing" but for myself, I firmly believe the part causing it is my Corsair PSU. Many Corsair PSU owners are having this very issue - Buzzing Noise from power supplies - Possible solution - The Corsair Support Forums

I'm glad they perhaps chose to disable C1E to possibly combat the "buzzing" issue as I feel a lot happier having a very new BIOS applied with no issues (so far) but more importantly, no "buzzing" :)
    Last edited by JumpyJim; 10-13-2009 at 05:56 PM.

That's fine, and why I asked. I know some people do use these features and do not overclock. It normally isn't an issue at stock though, more often when overclocked with these enabled or not. It very well could be your PSU, do you have one from another brand you could test with, or one you could borrow to test with to see if your model is to blame?

If you found it to be the PSU at fault they should have to RMA you to a different model I would think provided you asked nicely that is.

I have never heard it myself, even when updating BIOS or testing something with those features enabled, with UD5 or UD4P. So it very well could be the PSU, I don't even hear noises at 230+ Bclk or 5Ghz. I use a Ultra X3 850W myself, in case you are looking at getting a new PSU, it works great.

good to see you around again Lsd :)
    was wondering if you managed to catch my post on the previous page regarding the BIOS engineers fixing the HAL errors that occur during sleep transitions ?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/324347-post2055.html
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

Thread Information