Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 23 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 13212223242533731235231023 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

The bug that was introduced between F4m and F4 and persists in F5a, is also present in F5b. The bug is: at any bclk around 170 or higher with reboots you get a blank screen, computer runs and does nothing. Most, not just me, get the same issue. Have to shutdown computer and hit reset key to get into windows. I wrote GB, and they said OCing is not gauranteed, but would pass info along.

Any chance of bios testers actually testing these with Oced settings?

Or do I need to quit buying GB boards if I am interested in OCing?
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

UD5 F5c beta mod

JMicron ROM v.1.06.79, ICH10R RAID ROM v.8.5.1030
    works.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rge View Post

Yes, you sure can. Please post your results

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    UD5 F5c beta mod

works.
    Do you think it is possible at all to add LLC into a P45 BIOS that does not have it already (I ask about my Board P45-DS4P)?

Stasio and I been talking and he told me I should ask you. I think it would not be possible right due to each board needing specific LLC programming per the boards circuits and such right?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-07-2009 at 04:19 PM.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by NoAngel View Post
    UD5 F5c beta mod

works.
    Nice of you,but any pic of your modded BIOS
    btw,JMicron ROM latest ver.is 1.17.45 WHQL and ICH10R RAID ROM v.8.5.1032.
    To upload modded BIOS you can use fileden.com....direct dl
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Edit: Forget ii, i was thinging wrong.
    Last edited by Farmas°yten; 01-07-2009 at 01:38 AM.

The bug that was introduced between F4m and F4 and persists in F5a, is also present in F5b. The bug is: at any bclk around 170 or higher with reboots you get a blank screen, computer runs and does nothing. Most, not just me, get the same issue. Have to shutdown computer and hit reset key to get into windows. I wrote GB, and they said OCing is not gauranteed, but would pass info along.

I even wonder if these bios-programmers even know that they screwed up somewhere between f4m and f4 or/and read this forum?
    and If GB don't support overclocking they shouldn't allow the settings to be changed...so imho .... BS!!!
    Also imho I feel that they must get their acts together...this hurts their -future- business... at this moment I am happy with my UD5 but my next MoBo will probably be an Asus again.

finally : is S3 sleep/awake repaired or STILL broken?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

The more users who send in reports the more they will be aware of issues >>>
    http://www.gigabyte.com.tw/Support/ServiceCenter.aspx

The dont support overclocking as a "Help me overclock/why is my board not working" type of don't support. Meaning if you cannot overclock and be stable that is your issue as the board will function 100% stable at stock settings that it was designed to run at. Too many hardware variables for them to support users who overclock with any official support capacity

You will get the same NON Support from Asus with overclocking, and likely have the same issues with a Brand new Chipset

That's not what I wanted to hear...
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    The more users who send in reports the more they will be aware of issues >>>
    GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Technical Service Zone

The dont support overclocking as a "Help me overclock/why is my board not working" type of don't support. Meaning if you cannot overclock and be stable that is your issue as the board will function 100% stable at stock settings that it was designed to run at. Too many hardware variables for them to support users who overclock with any official support capacity

You will get the same NON Support from Asus with overclocking, and likely have the same issues with a Brand new Chipset
    I did write them with the specific issue. And many people that I know of that have tried bios F4, F5a have the same problem, and I included that in my email. At any overclock above 3.8 on F4, F5a or F5b, it will run fine after you first change it from bios. However when you reboot, you get a blank screen, no post, but computer just keeps running. Shut down and hit reset button, then up and running at same overclock 4.2 or whatever. Every time I reboot, have to do a hard shutdown, hit reset, then boots up fine at overclock settings. Or if enter bios again, and hit save, nothing happens, bios screen disappears, no post....again shutdown, reset, boot.

It is a bug, nothing but a bug, has nothing to do with unstable overclock settings. If it exists on 9 people that I know of that have tried it, no doubt the bug would occur if at least a few tested the bios at 4ghz.

If Gigabyte bioses do not support overclocking because they are not tested in ANY overclocked system, then they should fully state that NO ONE should buy this board if they have the intent to OC. It is misleading to have reviewers OC a board, call it an EXTREME board, and then state, we dont support OCing and we dont test bioses on OCed systems. It is such an obvious bug, I could probably fix it myself if I could see the source code of F4 side by side with F4m.

If it were just my system, I would figure out what is different, but others are getting the EXACT same bug. And I can eliminate the bug by changing back to bios F4m, which I am now at seems permanently stuck with.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

+1.

Just wanted to say I experience exactly the same thing rge is describing.
    F5a/F4: No reboot avove 180bclk
    F4m/F4J: I can reboot at 200+bclk

So I'd definitely agree with the BIOS bug theory, since the Board is clearly capable...
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Thread Information