Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 238 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 138188228236237238239240248288338738 ... LastLast
Results 2,371 to 2,380 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

I'm re-registered now. Yep I've done the auto register numerous times. I find it hilarious that they ask how many PC's the OS is installed on. However I can imagine the most retarded of pirates may answer "all 6 of my computers". Haha!

No change to NIC's etc. Both were enabled before and after flashing, crucially the first boot with the new BIOS to windows was a complete carbon copy settings wise. the only difference was Quickboot was enabled on F10i. Other than that, identical settings.

Windows also didn't ask to be re-registered until about the 6th re-boot, (2 cold 4 warm boots). Strange...
    Coolermaster CM 690 II advance Case
    Corsair HX750 (CWT, 91%(80+ Gold rated @230V) single 62A 12V rail
    P55A-UD4 v2.0 @ F14
    Core i5 760 @ 20 x 201, 4.02GHz
    TRUE Black with a single Noctua NF-P12 pumping out 55 CFM @ 19db .
    2 x 2GB Mushkin Ridgeback (996902), @ 7-10-8-27, 2010-DDR, 1.66v
    2 x Gigabyte GTX 460 1024MB in SLI (Pre OC'd to 715MHz core and 1800MHz VRAM) @ 850 Core / 4100 Mem.
    Intel X25-M Boot Drive (OS and Programs) 200MB/s Read & 90MB/s Write
    Corsair X32 200MB/s Read & 100MB/s Write
    WD Caviar Blue 640GB C (Steam, Games, Storage, Temp Files & Folders, etc)
    Samsung F3 500GB Backup/Images
    Noctua 1300RPM 19dB case fan (rear extraction)
    3 x 140 MM Coolermaster LED fans (one front intake, one top extraction, one side intake)
    Dell Ultra Sharp 2209WAf E-IPS @ 1680x1050

The 2 SSD's are on the yellow ports intel matrix raid. 2 other hard drives on the purple sata ports. No i Dont get a red warning box at all. It would just keep looping on and off. No it doesnt happen all the time. Just a few times so far.
    Last edited by caRpetbomBer; 11-29-2009 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyreman View Post
    I am back on 10f anyway to slow a latencies on everest.
    My tests show no such thing as decrease in performance compared to f10f , so far there is no difference in oc, but I'm still going.
    P45-UD3P 1.0 F10i E8400@550x8 max stable OCZ Blade LV 2x2gb 1150@1350 2v max stable

Quote Originally Posted by Eek View Post
    My tests show no such thing as decrease in performance compared to f10f , so far there is no difference in oc, but I'm still going.
    Well thats is good for your machine however that is not the case with my machine.
    I do a couple tests and see what works here.
    I will just use the older bios.
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
    2500k@4.7GHZ.
    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
    Seasonic X660
    Canada

KayossZero is offline Junior Member

Exclamation Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

10I for me was a nightmare when I installed it. Upon first boot my first NIC on my UD3P had an error in Device Manager saying it couldn't be started (this is probably due to the Bios not being stable with my 10F settings) which brings me to the biggest issue I had, I simply cannot get any of my 4.2 or 4.0 profiles stable at all with the same values as 10F.

I'll have to try later when I have some more time but has anyone else had their OC's fail quite easily on 10I? I did try and change settings up or down ever so slightly with no luck, it does feel like the memory was the culprit causing errors but I'm not sure on that.

I think there will be varied results due to the differing equipment plugged into the boards one mans pain is another mans pleasure.
    Asus P8Z68-V PRO/GEN3 bios 3202
    2500k@4.7GHZ.
    CM Hyper 212 EVO blademasters push-pull
    8GB's Samsung 30nm tech ram 1.35v
    EVGA GTX 460 superclocked plus (part# 1G-P3-1372-TR)
    Seasonic X660
    Canada

anyone tried the new EX58-UD3R 1.6 bios FD8?

I'm using a EX-58 UD4P Motherboard Bios 10H and My CPU/Board temp post about 15C higher than when i had bios 10c/d... has anyone had similar results?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Psycho101 View Post
    I'm re-registered now. Yep I've done the auto register numerous times. I find it hilarious that they ask how many PC's the OS is installed on. However I can imagine the most retarded of pirates may answer "all 6 of my computers". Haha!

No change to NIC's etc. Both were enabled before and after flashing, crucially the first boot with the new BIOS to windows was a complete carbon copy settings wise. the only difference was Quickboot was enabled on F10i. Other than that, identical settings.

Windows also didn't ask to be re-registered until about the 6th re-boot, (2 cold 4 warm boots). Strange...
    Ahh, well I think that is normally how it happens to me when I am testing a different BIOS (Ex. UD5 BIOS in UD4P board) in a board that was registered with a correct BIOS. Takes a few reboots before it gets upset and tells me I have invalid windows.

This could have something to do with the new quick boot functions? I will talk with Colin about it this week, and see if they are aware of it. Surely it was not just you, but could be but I don't see how it could only happen to you

Quote Originally Posted by caRpetbomBer View Post
    The 2 SSD's are on the yellow ports intel matrix raid. 2 other hard drives on the purple sata ports. No i Dont get a red warning box at all. It would just keep looping on and off. No it doesnt happen all the time. Just a few times so far.
    I suggest you make sure your SSD array disks are on SATA2_0 and SATA2_1. If they are not now, then you may need to reinstall. This is where they should be connected.

DO NOT Move them without backup up your data first, as you do likely need to reinstall or move them and then mirror a backup onto them again.

Then I suggest you be sure your CD/DVD Drive is plugged into SATA2-5, you can move this anytime you like. This is where CD/DVD Drives should go.

Then by moving your 2 other storage drives onto the Intel controller that should fix your other issue with those drives. These are NON RAID and can be moved anytime. Plug them into SATA2_2 and SATA2_3, after your RAID Disks in SATA2-0/1

Quote Originally Posted by ell View Post
    I'm using a EX-58 UD4P Motherboard Bios 10H and My CPU/Board temp post about 15C higher than when i had bios 10c/d... has anyone had similar results?
    Are you using Auto voltages? If so this could be the cause. If you are not, let me know and I will test the BIOS myself, I'm using F10d now.

Anything cool or new in F10h?

@lsdmeasap

So yeah my ga-ep45-dq6 can't s3 sleep at 4ghz. However its 12hrs prime stable and 100 runs linpack stable. I could run memtest as well, but I doubt it'll show anything. The fact of the matter is ga-ep45-dXX boards just have s3 sleep issues and all it takes is a bios update to fix it. Sadly, no one seems to want to address the issue. S3 sleep at stock is fine. Its when you get to about 410mhz that it goes away completely, you don't even have to hit 4ghz to lose it.

Thread Information