Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 24 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 14222324252634741245241024 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Nice of you,but any pic of your modded BIOS
    btw,JMicron ROM latest ver.is 1.17.45 WHQL and ICH10R RAID ROM v.8.5.1032.
    To upload modded BIOS you can use fileden.com....direct dl
    Isn't there any update about the ahci bios too?

Updated first post with new BIOS:

GA-EX58-Extreme BetaBIOS F5b
    GA-EX58-UD5 BetaBIOS F5c
    GA-EX58-UD4 BetaBIOS F3h
    GA-EX58-DS4 BetaBIOS F5b

GA-EP45T-UD3P BetaBIOS F4a
    GA-EP45T-UD3R BetaBIOS F4a
    GA-EP45-UD3P BetaBIOS F7b
    GA-EP45-UD3R BetaBIOS F6a
    GA-EP45-UD3L BetaBIOS F3a
    GA-EP45-UD3LR BetaBIOS F4a
    GA-EP45-UD3 BetaBIOS F5a

Note: No Changelog yet
    Thanks for including that you didn't receive a change log.
    I think it gives a little piece of mind knowing our source is also left in the dark on the changes....

Now as for why they don't tell you, well I really wish they did.

Nice of you,but any pic of your modded BIOS
    btw,JMicron ROM latest ver.is 1.17.45 WHQL
    Maybe I don't understanding something, but 1.17.45 WHQL is JMicron RAID driver, it's different from JMicron ROM firmware, which can be downloaded here changelog

No. That is a ICH10R RAID driver, not firmware. Please give me link for latest 8.6.1007 firmware module(size ~64.0 Kb), if You can get it, and I'll use it for future mods. As I know, they can't be downloaded for free from Intel's FTP.

To upload modded BIOS you can use fileden.com....direct dl
    OK.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Do you think it is possible at all to add LLC into a P45 BIOS that does not have it already (I ask about my Board P45-DS4P)?

Stasio and I been talking and he told me I should ask you. I think it would not be possible right due to each board needing specific LLC programming per the boards circuits and such right?
    I can answer immediately, I need to check it.
    What is LLC? Logical Link Control?
    Last edited by NoAngel; 01-07-2009 at 09:25 AM.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Hi NoAngel,yeah you are right,after I discover that this is two different things.Will try to learn more about ROM.
    Lsd asking you,as his board don't have "Load-Line Calibration"(LLC) in MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)of BIOS.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lsd asking you,as his board don't have "Load-Line Calibration"(LLC) in MB Intelligent Tweaker (M.I.T.)of BIOS.
    OK.

2 Lsdmeasap

That feature is not usual for BIOS, so firmware developers need to add it for each board. CPU voltage control way depends on chipset and even on board model, so You can't easily copy that module to BIOS of another board. Try to ask Gigabyte to add that feature in future BIOS versions.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

What you think,why LLc is not incorporated in EP45-Ext.,D and S series.I remember my previous P35-DQ6 BIOS has been without this future,until BIOS F7(or arround).
    Btw,what else can be improved in present BIOS's,like Ket doing for Asus boards.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

What you think,why LLc is not incorporated in EP45-Ext.,D and S series.I remember my previous P35-DQ6 BIOS has been without this future,until BIOS F7(or arround).
    I think either these boards are cheap and not designed for overclocking, or LLC is not need to be used (almost no Vdroop), so it's not implemented. Hardware vdroop mod may be used instead.
    LLC via BIOS is often ineffective, especially on cheap boards such as Asus P5K.

Btw,what else can be improved in present BIOS's,like Ket doing for Asus boards.
    Many things are still in development by Gigabyte(memory compatibility,...), so I don't want to do many things instead these guys. But IMHO, we must have latest stable RAID ROM built in to avoid issues with storage devices, which may occur even on non-overclocked boards(see changelog on JMicron). Intel often updates ICH10R firmware. Hardware is still newest, so, I think there are still many unfixed issues. I prefer not to wait until Gigabyte will fix it, as RAID ROM update can be easily done with CBROM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Well my P35-DS4 had LLC, and my much more $$ and better overclocking P45-DS4P does not have it, and it has quite a large Vdrop/vdroop. All the P45 boards do not have it As far as I know. Minus the UD models. The $250+ DQ6 and Extreme, my $180 DS4P, and they are great overclockers with Huge drops!

BIOS LLC worked perfect in my P35, and I see it works fine in P45-UDx as well. So I see no reason why it was left out of the normal P45 models

I thought it was likely board specific and would not be easily added, thanks for the reassurance!

I will contact Gigabyte and see why it was not added in the first place, and see if it can get added in the next set of updates.

I have yet to find a hardware mod for my board is why I ask

Quote Originally Posted by MisterIO View Post
    Isn't there any update about the ahci bios too?
    NoAngel

I too would like to know about this, as the one used now it 2006 I believe and surely a newer one would be faster maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by rge View Post
    I did write them with the specific issue. And many people that I know of that have tried bios F4, F5a have the same problem, and I included that in my email. At any overclock above 3.8 on F4, F5a or F5b, it will run fine after you first change it from bios. However when you reboot, you get a blank screen, no post, but computer just keeps running. Shut down and hit reset button, then up and running at same overclock 4.2 or whatever. Every time I reboot, have to do a hard shutdown, hit reset, then boots up fine at overclock settings. Or if enter bios again, and hit save, nothing happens, bios screen disappears, no post....again shutdown, reset, boot.

It is a bug, nothing but a bug, has nothing to do with unstable overclock settings. If it exists on 9 people that I know of that have tried it, no doubt the bug would occur if at least a few tested the bios at 4ghz.

If Gigabyte bioses do not support overclocking because they are not tested in ANY overclocked system, then they should fully state that NO ONE should buy this board if they have the intent to OC. It is misleading to have reviewers OC a board, call it an EXTREME board, and then state, we dont support OCing and we dont test bioses on OCed systems. It is such an obvious bug, I could probably fix it myself if I could see the source code of F4 side by side with F4m.

If it were just my system, I would figure out what is different, but others are getting the EXACT same bug. And I can eliminate the bug by changing back to bios F4m, which I am now at seems permanently stuck with.
    What you need to keep in mind is you are testing Beta's, so are part of the Beta Team so to speak. Constructive thoughts and findings about your beta testing helps, bashing Gigabyte for something you clearly know is beta does not.

As you know, they are working on it or you would not be testing Beta's. They will get it fixed, just maybe not until the final or a later Beta. Testing by users such as yourself, and providing your feedback here or to the thru the official channels gives them feedback and lets them know it is still not working.

Also Please do keep in mind, some of the official people who you reply to thru the official channel may or may not have any info/knowledge of the beta's you are using. They are the general Support team and likly do not speak with or get info from the BIOS team very often, but they will as they told you pass the info to them for sure

So just keep trying the latest until it is final and you know it works, or go back to the previous one and wait.

I do understand your frustration, but this is a Beta Thread and Beta's are just that. Bashing Gigabyte about something not working is not helping the effort nor is it acceptable as a Beta Tester or Gigabyte User........

So please just keep your thoughts about your findings during testing constructive, thanks!
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 01-07-2009 at 04:33 PM.

Havent got answar yet from Gigabyte, but i know that the bios-team have got the message about LLC to Extreme.
    And everyone that have this board should send in a mail to ask if they can put it into next bios or in the future.
    I love my board and it is a monster on fsb and oc, but the if the droop have been better the board becomes better.

Thread Information