Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 249 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 149199239247248249250251259299349749 ... LastLast
Results 2,481 to 2,490 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by gigabytes View Post
    is there an update for ga-ep45-ds5 my latest bios update is the f 13a but how do i download the f 13b cos every time i click on the link i dont get any download???????
    This is the link corrected: http://www.fileden.com/files/2008/7/...45ds5.F13b.zip

I have memory corruption problems with it, though. I'm waiting for a new F13c bios.
    EP45-DS5 -- Q9400 -- 2 x Mushkin 996558+ (8GB) -- ATI HD3850

Hi

Slightly idiot question but where can you read the notes about improvements/fixes made with each BIOS version? Without knowing this how can you guage whether it is worth the risk or even if it is essential to flash your BIOS?

I also note that the latest official beta BIOS from Gigabyte for the EX58-UD5 is F9e GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

In this thread and F9k and F9n are posted for downloading. Does anyone know what Gigabyte webpage these originated from before they were posted on fileden?

Just want to be sure the source of these extra BIOSes are legit and if so would like to know more about what they are designed to improve/fix
    Last edited by HowardB; 12-13-2009 at 04:29 AM.

hi , P55 ud3p . bios f6a doesnt have "CPU Multi-Threading" options , right ?. i wanna active it but i cant find it?
    Last edited by unfaceguy; 12-13-2009 at 07:52 AM.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by HowardB View Post
    Hi

Slightly idiot question but where can you read the notes about improvements/fixes made with each BIOS version? Without knowing this how can you guage whether it is worth the risk or even if it is essential to flash your BIOS?

I also note that the latest official beta BIOS from Gigabyte for the EX58-UD5 is F9e GIGABYTE - Support&Download - Motherboard - BIOS - GA-EX58-UD5 (rev. 1.0)

In this thread and F9k and F9n are posted for downloading. Does anyone know what Gigabyte webpage these originated from before they were posted on fileden?

Just want to be sure the source of these extra BIOSes are legit and if so would like to know more about what they are designed to improve/fix
    The BIOS posted here are legit, downloaded directly from Gigabyte FTP by Stasio, or sent to one of us via email from Gigabyte. They are only rehosted because we cannot share the FTP address with the public.

They are beta BIOSes so the engineers can let a smaller portion of the public test them, then they can and see if any other issues they have or have not found come up. This is why they are not posted on the Main Gigabyte webpages, they are meant for testing and improving future final BIOSes

There is change logs for most BIOSes at JZ's site
    Computertechnik JZelectronic

Do keep in mind also, a change log whether it is for a final or beta BIOS may only contain 1-3 changes/fixes/new features while there still may be several things not mentioned. So do not base your update thoughts on those really, if you are the kind of person who updates often then always use the latest version because it will usually be better than the last.

I always run the latest and have no issues, of course there is times when a beta will have issues of course. Those then get updated shortly after the issues are reported.

Quote Originally Posted by unfaceguy View Post
    hi , P55 ud3p . bios f6a doesnt have "CPU Multi-Threading" options , right ?. i wanna active it but i cant find it?
    What CPU do you have?

What CPU do you have?
    i'm using core i5 750.

Core i5 750 does not have HyperThreading, thus you will not see and could not use this setting.

You may have been able to see it in previous BIOS, if the engineers left it non CPU Specific, but it would not have been able to use even if you enabled it because your CPU does not support this. If you did see it before and do not now, then they just finally set this setting to be CPU specific is all, so you do not see it anymore since it does not apply to your CPU
    http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=42915
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 12-13-2009 at 01:57 PM.

<hr style="color: rgb(209, 209, 225); background-color: rgb(209, 209, 225);" size="1"> <!-- / icon and title --> <!-- message --> Core i5 750 does not have HyperThreading, thus you will not see and could not use this setting.

You may have been able to see it in previous BIOS, if the engineers left it non CPU Specific, but it would not have been able to use even if you enabled it because your CPU does not support this. If you did see it before and do not now, then they just finally set this setting to be CPU specific is all, so you do not see it anymore since it does not apply to your CPU
    Intel® Core? i5-750 Processor (8M Cache, 2.66 GHz) with SPEC Code(s) SLBLC
    oh i see . thanks

Hello everyone, this is my first post on this forum and sorry for my bad language im from Roumania
    I had the a lott of problems using an I5 750 on a Gigabyte P55 UD3 (bios F5) & TeamGroup Team Xtreem 4GB DDR3 1600MHz CL7 TXD34096M1600HC7DC-L
    Same errors with bios f3, f4, f5 ...errors in orthos memtest prime95
    Can someone suggest me how rezolv this problem...?
    THX

I own a EP-45 DS3LR with stock F1 BIOS. Now there is F3a. Any1 can tell is there new AHCI ROM in it and is it safe to flash?

Thread Information