Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 30 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 20282930313240801305301030 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

Quote Originally Posted by MisterIO View Post
    Thanks, but why is that needed? I mean, why the last version isn't by default inserted on the official beta bios?
    Because Gigabyte don't want it / I don't know

Quote Originally Posted by agent_gunn View Post
    so that F5E mod bios for the UD5 brings the JMicron and ICH10R roms to the latest versions? that's the only change??
    Yes.

got big problems with Stop 0x00000124 with d5e bios but im on win7 beta 1 64bit... maby just windoze but fine with d5d
    UD5@Extreeme bios, I7 920@~ water cooled, OCZ 1600LV6GK, hd 4870x2 (Asus Top bios) water cooled. TX850w, LG 19" wide. 2x wd250ks sata raid 0 ( Win 7, 64bit)

EP46-UD3R
    bios F3, F4 and F6a

Still doesn't allow me to disable onboard sound card.
    Last edited by Kirsebaer; 01-18-2009 at 08:01 PM.

I updated to f5e on a brand new ud5 board and things seem fine so far... *knocking on wood* I am burning the board in at 160x21 with

vcore @ 1.23
    vdimm @ 1.54
    timings manual @ 9-9-9-24 1t
    qpi @ 36x
    mem @ 10x (1600)

so far so good... I had a previous vista64 install from my other x58 board which I booted off this one and after one reboot all was good. this is only a mild overclock, so after 100 hours or so of burn in I will try 180+ on the base clock..

--+ work +--

DFI SLI-DR eXpert (623-3) Opty 170 topless (0550vpmw) @ 2.8ghz TT Big Typhoon 2gb Corsair XMS
    GeForce 8400gs 300gb Seagate 7200.8 & 400gb Seageate 7200.9 Creative Audigy 500W Ultra X-Infinity

--+ play +--
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 (f5e) Core i7 920 (3837A714) @ 3.36ghz (and ^) CoolerMaster V8 3x 2gb G.Skill
    2x MSI GTX260 2x raptorX RAID0 & 500gb Seagate 7800.11 X-Fi 1KW Galaxy Dxx

I have the GA-EX58-UD5. It came with the F3 BIOS, which allows me to OC my i7 920 to 3.6Ghz stable with rather low temperatures. Not bad at all.

Out of curiosity, I've tried several of the newer BIOSes posted here. While I certainly like the fixes and tweaks, I have noticed a few glaring issues. When OCing with any BIOS newer than F3, if I leave the vcore voltage on AUTO, it increases the voltage way more than it needs to be. Instead of being at 1.28125v, it's 1.3375v. BIOS F3 with CPU Vcore set to AUTO with the same settings set it to 1.28125v. It also set my QPI/Vtt Voltage exceptionally high with the newer BIOSes. These issues occurred even on the latest F5e BIOS.

Also, I like having the power saving features set for my CPU. If I'm just chatting online and checking email, with BIOS F3, my CPU's voltage drops to 1.056v. That also helps drop the temperatures, too. With newer BIOSes, the voltage NEVER drops when the power saving features are on. It stays on whatever it was set to in the BIOS. This causes the temperature of the CPU to be 3 to 4 degrees warmer at idle and at least that much more at load.

Next, with F3, Turbo Boost works correctly. When my CPU isn't doing anything intensive, the multiplier increases to 21 like it is supposed to do. When it's under load, it drops to 20 like it is supposed to do. With any newer BIOS, the multiplier stays at 21 all the time and never drops under load. While some may see that as a benefit (and in certain cases it can be), it can lead to instability as the multiplier won't drop to 20 under load.

Another odd quirk I noticed with newer BIOSes occurred with EasyTune6. Under the Tuner tab, only Easy and Advanced showed up. Quick Boost was missing completely. With F3, Quick Boost is present.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing/noticing these issues. I suspect that I'm not the only one, which means that Gigabyte ought to fix these issues. They aren't what I'd consider small issues by any means. These are issues that can affect stability.

For now, I am sticking with BIOS F3 (which came with my motherboard) since none of those issues occur on it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you require more information. Thanks for reading this!
    Last edited by anindrew; 01-19-2009 at 02:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by anindrew View Post
    I have the GA-EX58-UD5. It came with the F3 BIOS, which allows me to OC my i7 920 to 3.6Ghz stable with rather low temperatures. Not bad at all.

Out of curiosity, I've tried several of the newer BIOSes posted here. While I certainly like the fixes and tweaks, I have noticed a few glaring issues. When OCing with any BIOS newer than F3, if I leave the vcore voltage on AUTO, it increases the voltage way more than it needs to be. Instead of being at 1.28125v, it's 1.3375v. BIOS F3 with CPU Vcore set to AUTO with the same settings set it to 1.28125v. It also set my QPI/Vtt Voltage exceptionally high with the newer BIOSes. These issues occurred even on the latest F5e BIOS.

Also, I like having the power saving features set for my CPU. If I'm just chatting online and checking email, with BIOS F3, my CPU's voltage drops to 1.056v. That also helps drop the temperatures, too. With newer BIOSes, the voltage NEVER drops when the power saving features are on. It stays on whatever it was set to in the BIOS. This causes the temperature of the CPU to be 3 to 4 degrees warmer at idle and at least that much more at load.

Next, with F3, Turbo Boost works correctly. When my CPU isn't doing anything intensive, the multiplier increases to 21 like it is supposed to do. When it's under load, it drops to 20 like it is supposed to do. With any newer BIOS, the multiplier stays at 21 all the time and never drops under load. While some may see that as a benefit (and in certain cases it can be), it can lead to instability as the multiplier won't drop to 20 under load.

Another odd quirk I noticed with newer BIOSes occurred with EasyTune6. Under the Tuner tab, only Easy and Advanced showed up. Quick Boost was missing completely. With F3, Quick Boost is present.

I'm not sure if I'm the only one experiencing/noticing these issues. I suspect that I'm not the only one, which means that Gigabyte ought to fix these issues. They aren't what I'd consider small issues by any means. These are issues that can affect stability.

For now, I am sticking with BIOS F3 (which came with my motherboard) since none of those issues occur on it.

I'd be happy to answer any questions if you require more information. Thanks for reading this!

I actually just went back to F3 on the Extreme for the same reason (turbo mode).

After F3 Bios's they removed the Overspeed protection, which basically completely unlocks the turbo multi.
    I read somewhere that some of the early BIOS's gave the option to turn this on or off. It would be great if we were given the choice. F4m with that switch is what I want

P.s. Also just noticed that enabling Hpet in Bios F3 is what was preventing my system from resuming from S3 sleep :). That was my biggest problem with F3, so I'm glad it's "sorted".
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Unhappy Re: Gigabyte latest bios

GA-EX58-DS4 F5D with i7 920
    -it sometimes detects the CPU voltage as being 1.26, sometimes as 1.2(the real one)
    (this was happening in F4 final too)
    -if I change the number of threads in the BIOS, it never reboots after saving the settings, I have to reboot it manually
    this happens for other settings as well
    -the old 1333Mhz memory doesn't get detected as 1333, 1066 instead
    -there's something wrong with the MSR (on pre F5 BIOSes, too), it's not like the one from an DX58SO and reading the multiplier makes the machine reboot (the proprietary Linux distro we're using for an appliance has a kernel which reboots instantly on this machine and it has been traced to the MSR)

I'd really love to see this machine become as stable as the one with DX58SO from Intel.

For the GA-EP45-UD3R, what is the difference between the F4 and F4a bios? Thnx

Also according to Gigabytes website hte latest bios is ver F5 on 2008/11/14

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

New BetaBIOS:
    GA-EX58-UD5 - F5f
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG