Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 327 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427827 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 10871

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

GiggaByte is offline Member

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

EX58-UD4P F14i users (and probably most other X58/X58A boards with recent bios, the one with appearance changes) beware that RTL (round trip latency) has been adjusted from the older bioses, with my uncore clk at 3.376GHz and RAM at 1.688GHz RTL on auto sets it at 58 (did several reboots, its static at those speeds) compared to 59 of previous bioses, this is throwing off overclock stability. Note RTL value on your stable overclocks and set it to that value or your oc may and probably will fail (freeze is a common result).

Default GA-X58A-UD7 F7t bios?!

Hi,

I have the GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1 with the official F6 bios. I was wondering if anybody has tried the latest F7t unofficial bios... Is it steady, is it worth updating?

The only issues I have with my current rig are:
    1.If EUP is enabled after a while I loose many of my bios settings (issue also mentioned and known from another thread)
    2. My 5970 XFX card seems to suffer from the "cold bug" giving artifacts only if booted from cold status. This issue is most probably irrelevant with the mobo but you never know :-)

So, any impressions about the F7t bios for UD7? Or what is the newest bios release you have used for UD7 and consider to be "complete"/stable...

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Anything for the GA-MA770-UD3 (v. 2.1) ?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by GiggaByte View Post
    EX58-UD4P F14i users (and probably most other X58/X58A boards with recent bios, the one with appearance changes) beware that RTL (round trip latency) has been adjusted from the older bioses, with my uncore clk at 3.376GHz and RAM at 1.688GHz RTL on auto sets it at 58 (did several reboots, its static at those speeds) compared to 59 of previous bioses, this is throwing off overclock stability. Note RTL value on your stable overclocks and set it to that value or your oc may and probably will fail (freeze is a common result).
    RTL is tied to overall speeds and QPI/Vtt. Are you using the same QPI/Vtt amount, if not that would be why. You can manually adjust these if you want, but do keep in mind you will have to set all three channels separately as they do not use the same values.

Quote Originally Posted by ElGreco View Post
    Hi,

I have the GA-X58A-UD7 rev 1 with the official F6 bios. I was wondering if anybody has tried the latest F7t unofficial bios... Is it steady, is it worth updating?

The only issues I have with my current rig are:
    1.If EUP is enabled after a while I loose many of my bios settings (issue also mentioned and known from another thread)
    2. My 5970 XFX card seems to suffer from the "cold bug" giving artifacts only if booted from cold status. This issue is most probably irrelevant with the mobo but you never know :-)

So, any impressions about the F7t bios for UD7? Or what is the newest bios release you have used for UD7 and consider to be "complete"/stable...

Thank you!
    I like and have been using F7p, I know F7t breaks USB Keyboard compatibility for some (G11 for me) so if you are using a USB keyboard you might want to wait for the next one.

Quote Originally Posted by Judge-dredd View Post
    I dont know about anyone elso but the X58A-UD9-f4c lock me up as soon as entered bios lucky for me after trying ti 3 time to get it still let me into qflash and was able to put f4b back now all is fine again
    See above, I think this is USB keyboard issue, I know the latest for UD7 (F7t) is broke for me using a usb keyboard.

I have sent in a report

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    RTL is tied to overall speeds and QPI/Vtt. Are you using the same QPI/Vtt amount, if not that would be why. You can manually adjust these if you want, but do keep in mind you will have to set all three channels separately as they do not use the same values.

I like and have been using F7p, I know F7t breaks USB Keyboard compatibility for some (G11 for me) so if you are using a USB keyboard you might want to wait for the next one.

See above, I think this is USB keyboard issue, I know the latest for UD7 (F7t) is broke for me using a usb keyboard.

I have sent in a report
    Thanks for the feedback... if I proceed with the bios update I will go to F7p as you do since I also own a G15 keyboard :-)

Thank you!

Anytime!

F7P should be ok for you, at least I believe it is as it is fine with G11. Be sure to enable USB Keyboard once you are in the BIOS, and do not flash with @BIOS!

GiggaByte is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Everything is the same and RTL on auto is 58 instead of 59, timings set to quick and RTL manually to 59 corrects it.

It being oc instability.
    Last edited by GiggaByte; 07-15-2010 at 01:53 PM.

Hello. When is going a new bios for the GA-890GPA-UD3H rev 1.0 to be released? Thanks for your attention.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Last edited by stasio; 07-27-2010 at 01:33 AM.
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by GiggaByte View Post
    Everything is the same and RTL on auto is 58 instead of 59, timings set to quick and RTL manually to 59 corrects it.

It being oc instability.
    Well what you need to check is what each channel is using in Auto using Expert so you can see each channel. I would check with CPU-Tweaker and not the BIOS itself as what you see on the left is often not what is used.

This is why you see me suggest using Expert and not Quick, because this setting is different for each channel, so if you set one amount via quick I think it causes issues

Thread Information