Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 362 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 262312352360361362363364372412462862 ... LastLast
Results 3,611 to 3,620 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #3611
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    1

    Unhappy Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    X58-USB3 (rev. 1.0) - any chance of something fresher than F2 bios which either doesn't work with OCZ 2 Vertex 1.11 ???

  2. #3612
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by rfvijn View Post
    Is there any chance that we can get the F6 (final) bios for the X58A-UD5 (rev1) fixed?

    I'm trying to setup two SATA3 Western Digital Blacks in RAID0 and no matter, I get the error "SATA3 is in IDE mode. Needs to be in RAID mode. Besides..." when I try to open the Marvell control panel. I can assure you that my settings are properly set.

    Futhermore, I just wanted to add that all variations of the F6 bios experience the delayed "Verifying DMI Data......................" if anything but the Hard Drive is set as the First Boot Device.
    Same problem here (the only difference is that I have X58A-UD5 rev2.0 with FB BIOS). It only occurs when you plug a HDD in the SATA3 ports. I had to plug my Western Digital Black in the ICH10R ports in order not to have this delayed boot.

  3. #3613
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Birmingham,Great Britain
    Posts
    9,250

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    are you disabling all unused ports? floppy drives and drive a from the bios? as this will slow down the dmi check
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/7@4.8ghz 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

    http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

    Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  4. #3614
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Athens
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    I disabled them, but I haven't tested this option with SATA3.

    I had enabled the floppy and the HDD at SATA3 and there was the problem, so I just plugged the HDD at ICH10R and left enabled the floppy and the problem was solved. I just disabled the floppy because it was shown at Windows. But I will test the HDD at SATA3 tomorrow to see if the "floppy disabled" option fixes the problem" :D

  5. #3615
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by rfvijn View Post
    Is there any chance that we can get the F6 (final) bios for the X58A-UD5 (rev1) fixed?

    I'm trying to setup two SATA3 Western Digital Blacks in RAID0 and no matter, I get the error "SATA3 is in IDE mode. Needs to be in RAID mode. Besides..." when I try to open the Marvell control panel. I can assure you that my settings are properly set.

    Futhermore, I just wanted to add that all variations of the F6 bios experience the delayed "Verifying DMI Data......................" if anything but the Hard Drive is set as the First Boot Device.
    You can't use those drives in RAID, you have to buy the special RAID drives. As for the BIOS issue, you can set AHCI then in windows you can still create a RAID array with the MRU web tool. I have sent in an issue report about this a while ago, I'll remind them again tonight it needs looked at. You can still create RAID arrays though, you just have to do it in windows with the Marvell RAID Web tool.

    However, as I mentioned you can't create RAID array's with those drives you mentioned as they are not RAID enabled and have TLER disabled.

    Quote Originally Posted by Darek View Post
    I got answer from gigabyte.
    X38 DS4 - no new bios in this year and next year, and 2012.
    Next time i buy asus or budget class gigabyte.
    You got first tier reply, sorry man! I'll as right now and see what I can get for you.

    These issues just arose with Sandforce based drives, so it is a new problem not something they have ignored for years or anything like that.

    I'll let you know what I find out.

  6. #3616
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    well most people post with problems, but I am posting to say that the newest UD9 BIOS: GA-X58A-UD9 - GOOCUD9.W01 is a great overclocking (obviously) and 100% stable bug free bios! I'd say perfect. Thanks

    anyhow, does anyone know of anywhere there is that version with the newest Intel Raid drivers? 10.0.0.1043 ? (or atleast 10.0.0.1026) or is there anyone who could merge that for me?

    those latest beta Intel Raid drivers unlock some serious RAID performance and seem to be 100% stable, performance is way better than day 1 on my 4x SSD Array, and boot time is cut in half with the newer 10.0.0.1043...amazing

    anybody running Intel Raid, do yourself a favor and run these drivers, download from here, and read up on others experiences:
    Intel RST 10 Series Driver released!! - XtremeSystems Forums

    oh thanks for all your hard work stasio and Lsdmeasap!
    Last edited by shane_p; 10-15-2010 at 01:00 AM.
    RIG#1
    980x @ 4.5Ghz 24/7 under water, dual rads
    Vcore 1.4, VTT 1.35, ram 1.5
    Gigabyte X58 UD9 mobo
    590 GTX under water *700Mhz, 4000Mhz)
    12GB of DDR3
    1x Intel Sata3 SSD
    4x ocz SSD's Raid 0
    Strider 1500Watt PSU
    all in a monster MOZART TX CASE (with 16 fans)
    Winows 7 64 bit

    http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x.../980x and UD9/



    RIG#2
    Qi7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    vcore 1.45, fsb 1.4
    XFX 5970
    6GB if DDR3
    5x 2TB HD's
    850watt Antec PSU
    all in a Antec 900 CASE (with 6 fans)
    Antec HTPC Remote
    Windows 7 64bit

    http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...0 i7 920 HTPC/

  7. #3617
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    well most people post with problems, but I am posting to say that the newest UD9 BIOS: GA-X58A-UD9 - GOOCUD9.W01 is a great overclocking (obviously) and 100% stable bug free bios! I'd say perfect. Thanks

    anyhow, does anyone know of anywhere there is that version with the newest Intel Raid drivers? 10.0.0.1043 ? (or atleast 10.0.0.1026) or is there anyone who could merge that for me?

    those latest beta Intel Raid drivers unlock some serious RAID performance and seem to be 100% stable, performance is way better than day 1 on my 4x SSD Array, and boot time is cut in half with the newer 10.0.0.1043...amazing

    anybody running Intel Raid, do yourself a favor and run these drivers, download from here, and read up on others experiences:
    Intel RST 10 Series Driver released!! - XtremeSystems Forums

    oh thanks for all your hard work stasio and Lsdmeasap!
    Hi shane_p,here you go:

    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 10.0.0.1046
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 10.0.0.1043 Beta
    Intel® Rapid Storage Technology 10.0.0.1026 Beta

    I also updated in Latest Overclocking Programs, System Info, Benchmarking, & Stability Tools.

    Btw,for AMD users,latest BIOS can be found here.
    Last edited by stasio; 10-15-2010 at 06:12 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  8. #3618
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    USA!
    Posts
    8

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    are you disabling all unused ports? floppy drives and drive a from the bios? as this will slow down the dmi check
    I'm having the same problem that was discussed here:

    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post370557

    I have my OCZ Vertex 2 in ICH10R port 0.
    I have port 1 empty as I will be getting another Vertex 2.
    Port 3 is my DVD Burner and port 4 is my case's eSATA.

    I then have the two Western Digital SATA6 Caviar Blacks on the Marvel 9128 Controller.

    Everything else, including my onboard eSATA controller has been disabled and/or set to none. Again, I didn't have the problem on F5. But on F6, unless Hard Drive is set as First, DMI will delay...........................

    I really don't care about that problem, because if I need to boot from my DVD, I just press F12. I'm just reporting it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You can't use those drives in RAID, you have to buy the special RAID drives. As for the BIOS issue, you can set AHCI then in windows you can still create a RAID array with the MRU web tool. I have sent in an issue report about this a while ago, I'll remind them again tonight it needs looked at. You can still create RAID arrays though, you just have to do it in windows with the Marvell RAID Web tool.

    However, as I mentioned you can't create RAID array's with those drives you mentioned as they are not RAID enabled and have TLER disabled.
    I'm sorry... This does not make any sense. How can they not support RAID ?

    I ran them just fine in RAID on F5 and am running them just fine in RAID on F6k. Any version higher than F6l will give me the IDE error.

  9. #3619
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Which exact drives do you have? Maybe you have older ones with TLER enabled, all the newer ones don't have it and it can't be changed, so they can make you buy the more expensive "RAID" versions.

    I was basing my comment off comments from Dark Mantis here, please PM him and he'll give you some more of his thoughts/findings on this issue
    MARVELL SATA3 problem

    He is a member here so you can PM him here if you like.
    View Profile: Dark Mantis - TweakTown Forums


    Also, more discussion here, read towards the later dates and you can see the issues mentioned with the SATA 6Gb/s drives
    WD Black TLER confusion

    I think sometimes it's possible even without TLER settings, but data loss is much more likely when ran that way.

    Many people I've seen commenting the past year can't even enable RAID with them, so I dunno - maybe you have an older model before the changed things?

  10. #3620
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Updated with new BIOS:

    GA-EX38T-DQ6 - F5c
    GA-EX38-DQ6 - F4d
    GA-EX38-DS5 - F5d


    -Fix SMART Command Fail mit OCZ Sandforce FW 1.11
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 175 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 172 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. jelol98,
  3. moff686

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •