Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 403 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 303353393401402403404405413453503903 ... LastLast
Results 4,021 to 4,030 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock View Post
    Hello guys, I have an old i7 920 C0 in the GA-EX58-UD3R SLI (REV 1.0) with the F6i bios. I wanted to know if a newer bios would add and allow me to use the dynamic vcore setting.
    Ya you should be able to with the latest BIOS for sure, maybe with the old one too?

To use it you have to leave Vcore on Auto, did you try that? If so then yes you may need to use the newer BIOSes, please update with Qflash

Default Re: Gigabyte F7D

Hi guys,

Please i need the x58 ud7 gigabyte mb, and im trying to manipulate the speed of my sys_fan2, but its impossible for me. I read there is some bios thats its possible... the f7d one. Could some one please give it to me?? i cant find it. Its there a problem to flash my bios with that one that is german?? mb:x58 ud7 rev01

Thanks very much and sorry for my english!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Overclock View Post
    Hello guys, I have an old i7 920 C0 in the GA-EX58-UD3R SLI (REV 1.0) with the F6i bios. I wanted to know if a newer bios would add and allow me to use the dynamic vcore setting.
    Um, I thought it was "Normal" rather than "Auto". Maybe it's both? Anyway if u can see the option "Dynamic Vcore (DVID)" under "CPU Vcore" in bios you got it.

For instance, my original Vcore in BIOS was set to 1.2750v. When I set the Vcore to "Normal", it is set to 1.2125v. Therefore, I set the "Dynamic Vcore Voltage" to +.0625v which results in my target voltage of 1.2750 = 1.2125v + .0625.

CPU
    =
    i7 950 - DO stepping - Batch #3014A844
    Cooling = EK HF Full Nickel
    - XSPC RX360 - Laing DDC 18W - XSPC Bay Reservoir
    Motherboard = GA-X58A-UD3R Revision 2
    , BIOS Version = Award FC
    Ram = 3x2gig Corsair TR3X6G1600C8D G
    Video = 2 X Palit GTX460 Sonic Platinum 1GB OC sli
    Monitor = 22" LG Flatron W2242T 1680 x 1050 Case = Coolermaster CM690
    PSU = Corsair HX850
    OS = Windows 7 Professional x64

Default Re: Gigabyte f7d BIOS

[QUOTE=Lsdmeasap;381982]I am not sure you can, but if you've heard you can then maybe it will work?

Here is F7d, and all older UD7 BIOSes
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post270437[/QUO

Thank u very much, i tried it but still i nor allow to variate the rpm of my sys_fan2 in speedfan... why?? could u help me please??

thanks

I never play with system fans, and I'm not sure you can adjust Sys_Fan2 on UD7 as there is no System Fan control only CPU.

I've heard of people being able to adjust it with Speedfan, but not sure if that was on this exact board or not, is that what you are trying with?

Yes it is. I have i7 920 d0 3.8 ghz, a cogage true spirit with one ultra kaze 3000 for cpu and another kaze 3000 for extract air from the mobo. Imagine the noise... Im only able to set cpu fan, and i want to reduce rpm on sysfan_2, its the second ultra kaze 3000 that extract air from de mobo, right? im trying it with speedfan and bios and its impossible... speedfan show me the rpm of each fan, i configured it and still not working, only the cpu one. I conected the second ultra kaze 3000 to the psu and to MB (SYS_FAN2). And there is in bios some new options (F7D) but non of them function for me.

Thanks for the help!
    Last edited by fuerteloco; 01-16-2011 at 01:48 AM.

Ahh ok, well if you want to use second fan on CPU and be able to control it, try plugging it into one of the other ports with RPM sense.

Try Sys_Fan1, Sys_Fan3, or PWR Fan. Speedfan is terrible, I only mentioned it because I thought it might help, I don't suggest it.

What new BIOS options are you referring to that don't work for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh ok, well if you want to use second fan on CPU and be able to control it, try plugging it into one of the other ports with RPM sense.

Try Sys_Fan1, Sys_Fan3, or PWR Fan. Speedfan is terrible, I only mentioned it because I thought it might help, I don't suggest it.

What new BIOS options are you referring to that don't work for you?
    No no, the cpu one i already control it, all it ok with that fan. The one that i want to control its the second ultra kaze that is extracting air from the mobo, and it is connected to SYS_FAN2. The new features are smart fan control something like Silent and so... but doesnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ya you should be able to with the latest BIOS for sure, maybe with the old one too?

To use it you have to leave Vcore on Auto, did you try that? If so then yes you may need to use the newer BIOSes, please update with Qflash
    I was reading up on the feature and people have been leaving their Vcore at "Normal" which is suppose to allow the use of the dynamic vcore feature. On my board I don't even see the "normal" option under the Vcore adjustment or the dynamic vcore setting anywhere in the bios.

I was thinking since my board was the bottom of the line and so dang old the feature might not be available even with a new bios. Which bios would be my best bet to check if the feature us even available to my board? The newest beta F10i (2010/08/02) or the older F9 (2010/03/12)? I would like to keep the number of bios flashes to a minimum .

Thread Information