Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 409 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 309359399407408409410411419459509909 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,090 of 10869

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

basically flash to the latest official bios first (with @BIOS) and make sure you are happy with it, then use ALT+F12 during bootup to copy this new bios onto your backup bios

after that you can use Qflash to flash newer bios files

We need memory improvements for the latest Bioses... Memroy 2133 mhz is not very stable. It is stable for me once the motherboard manages to boot up properly at 2133mhz, but if you leave it for 24/7 system you would have to either reduce the BCLK speed or use the 18.66 multiplier cause the motherboard doesnt want to boot up properly when 2133mhz memory is set in bios - failed clock from cold boot. To fix it you have to manually go and set the settings and than it works properly at 2133mhz. The problem is that this process is extremely annoying when you want to have it for a 24/7 system...

dinos22...
    Thanks for the input, however, if you had read my post closely, you would have seen that I said that I did NOT want to use @BIOS because I'd have to load Win7 first in order to use the windows based @BIOS utility.
    If there are conflicts or problems with the original bios, then I don't want to spend time dealing with them when installing Windows, when I can use the DOS-based FlashSPI first, before even trying to install Windows.

For years people have said, "do not use Windows based bios updating"; especially when there is a DOS-based program to do it more safely.

FlashSPI is one of the two methods (@BIOS being the other) Gigabyte recommends for the initial update; is there no one here who has used FlashSPI and can offer any tips or advice on using it?

I dont have problems like this with my corsair even cold booting at 1067 7-7-7-20-1T!

what have you done to stabilise the ram in terms of bios settings and also stress testing in windows?

Quote Originally Posted by Midwestboi View Post
    dinos22...
    Thanks for the input, however, if you had read my post closely, you would have seen that I said that I did NOT want to use @BIOS because I'd have to load Win7 first in order to use the windows based @BIOS utility.
    If there are conflicts or problems with the original bios, then I don't want to spend time dealing with them when installing Windows, when I can use the DOS-based FlashSPI first, before even trying to install Windows.

For years people have said, "do not use Windows based bios updating"; especially when there is a DOS-based program to do it more safely.

FlashSPI is one of the two methods (@BIOS being the other) Gigabyte recommends for the initial update; is there no one here who has used FlashSPI and can offer any tips or advice on using it?
    mate i agree with you which is why i told you to do those steps and then use Qflash.

i havent used dos based flash and our PM has suggested we use @BIOS for initial bioses which is why i am suggesting that to you.

I have my CPU at 4.9 ghz rock stable for 1 hour 40 minutes smallFFTs on Prime95. Memory is 2133 mhz rated G.Skill Pi series at 1,65v. Everything works perfectly and stable once its running. Sometimes the mobo would double boot by itself and than says Clocks failed due to overclocking and it reverts back the memory to 1333mhz but the CPU stays at 4.9 Ghz. So im assumiong it doesnt like 2133 mhz memory at its rated settings... 7-10-7-27 1T.

SolidBladez is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tordon View Post
    I have my CPU at 4.9 ghz rock stable for 1 hour 40 minutes smallFFTs on Prime95. Memory is 2133 mhz rated G.Skill Pi series at 1,65v. Everything works perfectly and stable once its running. Sometimes the mobo would double boot by itself and than says Clocks failed due to overclocking and it reverts back the memory to 1333mhz but the CPU stays at 4.9 Ghz. So im assumiong it doesnt like 2133 mhz memory at its rated settings... 7-10-7-27 1T.
    Probably need to adjust QPI Vtt Voltage. Try 1.10-1.15v.

Have a new P67A-UD3P today.
    Running Win7 X64 on it.
    Decided to update the bios. )<:
    @Bios Fails to complete. Flash SP1 Will not work.
    Downloaded both 6A & 6B but Q Flash does not like them either.
    Any suggestions.
    Thanks

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

I have not flashed with the DOS flasher on P67 either, so not sure if it will work or not? I can tell you that the Dual BIOS Recovery works VERY well in P67, so you have nothing to worry about using @BIOS this one time.

If you did have issues I can help you recover easily several ways, but you wont need to worry about it really. Of course it is suggested to use Qflash after that still.

Webox1, and others, use this @BIOS for your first P67 flash. Download includes UD 4/5/7 "x" BIOS files as well
    GBTP67FUN.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I have not flashed with the DOS flasher on P67 either, so not sure if it will work or not?
    Well if it wouldn't work, then why would Gigabyte suggest it? I am shocked tho, considering everyone always used DOS to update bios in the past- and now people act like I'm speaking an ancient language.

My experience with updating bios after installing Windows in the past, is that after updating and rebooting into Windows- it will 're-recognize' all your hardware- thus having multiple devices coded in registry... which then led to hardware conflicts. So every time I've updated bios, I've also reinstalled Windows to avoid multiple hardware recognition. I don't know how Win7 handles this, but WinXP would do this after a bios update. Which is why I think it is silly to go through all the trouble to install Windows just to update the bios, then reinstall Windows again just to make sure I have a completely clean install.

Thread Information