Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 420 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 320370410418419420421422430470520920 ... LastLast
Results 4,191 to 4,200 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

It's holiday there (Chinese New Year)

Plus, they don't put out new BIOS every week always, so just wait a bit and you will see them start carrying on again.

I've modded X58AUD3R.FE bios and replaced ICHAAHCI.BIN and RAID_OR.bin with the PCI Roms found in the Supermicron X8SAX Bios that is compatible with the rocketraid 2720. Still the same problem creating arrays... any tips?

What version is the RAID ROM you used? Open it with notepad if you are not sure, you'll see the version listed at the top and in the middle.

You may need to use an older one, not just a known compatible one from another board. The reason I say older is because it works in your P35 which uses older, and those are smaller which may be why it works.

Tell me your P35 board name for sure and I'll mod you a BIOS with a new larger RAID ROM, then you can test and see if the card fails, if so we'll know the above is why and then you can just put older/smaller one into your X58.

Also, you can test what I mentioned before, but this may or may not help as much as the above might.

Please do this with your BIOS for the card, disable "Reallocate EBDA" in the HPT BIOS. Make a new BIOS with this setting enabled and one with it disabled (So you have three, one default, one with it enabled, and one disabled)

Then test the two new BIOSes and see if either will work.

To change BIOS settings get into DOS and load a BIOS for your card and then change settings via ( run load.exe /C ) Then save the changed BIOS.

If you need me to do that for you let me know.

In reply to your PM, no I don't have 8.6 but I do have 8.5 which should work too.

These are what I have

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-08-2011 at 02:41 PM.

I used v8.6.0.1007 RAID ROM.
    Also tried this morning to flash the Rocketraid with the bios modifications (Reallocate EBDA disabled/enabled) still the same.

In the P965 BIOS it uses v6.0.0.1022 of Intels Raid Rom, can I really use that in my X58 ROM since it's ICH8?

X58 is ICH10R

So the card works in your 965P right? If so extract that ROM and replace the X58 one with it and test. Yes you can try it, if it fails the ROM will just fail to load and you wont have RAID option or it wont boot past it, then you'll need to reflash the BIOS with a proper one.

Yeah, sorry for the misunderstanding the 965P works and uses ICH8.
    I will try to make a new ROM today. If this won't work either is there any other component that I should look into replacing?

Thanks

I used the RAID ROM from the 965P Bios but still my Raid array will fail.
    Is there anything else I can try or is a new MB my only option?

So, you are inserting the ROM correctly right? And you are sure they work, aside from not working with your RAID card I mean?

Did you test any 8.5 or 64kb size ones?

I am not sure what else you can do except try to email Gigabyte and see if they can fix it. If you are unsure if you are modifying the BIOS right as I mentioned before I can do a mod for you if you want.

Yes they work.

I use cbrom xxxx.bin /pci release (and choose what pci module to remove)
    then cbrom xxxx.bin /pci RAID_OR.bin (add the new/old module to the bios)

haven't tried 8.5 only 8.9 (which is included in the org. bios), 8.7 and 6.0.

should I do any BIOS settings after I've flashed the BIOS?

The latest RAID ROM I have is v10.1.0.1008, should I try that or is it more likely to work with older than 8.9?

thanks
    Last edited by superdos; 02-08-2011 at 01:21 PM.

Try 8.5 because it is smaller, that is why I mentioned all of this to begin with.

You can try 10.1.0.1008, but it's a larger 84k one too, so it may or may not work. Try it first though since it is the latest, be sure you are using one meant for X58 as the P45/P55 ones are different.

If you need V 1.0 for X58 let me know and I'll post

Thread Information