Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 449 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 349399439447448449450451459499549949 ... LastLast
Results 4,481 to 4,490 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Ahh ok, well then I personally can't do the mod for you then as I don't have the file :)

kjjj11223344 is offline Junior Member

I have a p67a-ud3 motherboard and am getting serious vdroop (1.37 in bios set but 1.28 under load) so I need super high vcore for 4.5 ghz and I don't want to use 1.4 vcore for 4.5 ghz. Is there anything I can do to overclock, and, I don't need to but if I change to a new revision board (with fixed cougar point) will this be fixed or can i expect a new bios to fix this vdroop because llc seems to do nothing in the current f6 bios.

It seems that the vdroop problem isn't fixed with B3 revision board. In my case, it's been since mid january that they are going to fix the vdroop soon, so don't give to much hope on this now.

I now have a MSI P67a-GD65 and pretty pleased with it. It's not perfect however, it doesn't vdroop, it's the opposite! Ex 1.375V in Bios give 1.375V in windows idle, but get to 1.425V load.

guys why u complain on the drop u need to use LLC1 for 24-7 and LLC2 to bench

it has always been like that but for daily use is better more vcore on idle than on load, spikes on LLC2 makes the chip unstable...also if you follow intel specs the drop is worse

my I2600k needs 1,424 load to be 4805 HT stable thats 1,480on bios
    my second needs 1,368 load to be 4805 HT stable thats 1,415 on bios
    ASUS M5G BIOS 1001
    I3570K@ 5GHz Offset +0.25 On Water LLC 75%
    2x4Gb Team X@ 2600 10-12-12-22 1T
    2x Intel SSD 520 120GB SataIII
    2x F3's 1TB RAID0
    SLI EVGA GTX680@ +195 + 545
    CORSAIR AX1200
    CROSSOVER 27Q
    Coolermaster HAF X

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by Charloz24 View Post
    It seems that the vdroop problem isn't fixed with B3 revision board. In my case, it's been since mid january that they are going to fix the vdroop soon, so don't give to much hope on this now.

I now have a MSI P67a-GD65 and pretty pleased with it. It's not perfect however, it doesn't vdroop, it's the opposite! Ex 1.375V in Bios give 1.375V in windows idle, but get to 1.425V load.
    You consider that to be good?

This is close to B3 version UD5 LLC2, just not as much (LLC2 on B2 UD5 raised vcore so high the computer would just restart! And LLC1 was up to +.050 rise at 1.4v! Fixed now to small drop on B3 and small rise with LLC2).
    But higher voltage on load is NOT healthy for the cpu. Much safer to have small droop!
    That rise 1.425v on load, +0.050v rise, is too much. Ok for benching but not for long term 24/7 because of spikes even worse with droop *reversed* like that.

If you wanted a gigabyte board that raises the vcore at load higher than at idle, you should have bought UD5 or UD7....at least you can choose small rise or small droop...can you lower that rise on the MSI? It's too much for safety....

kjjj11223344 is offline Junior Member

Okay guys thanks for the responses. I realized that the llc does work on the ud3 but just barely. Like I said, I had llc enabled and needed 1.39 vcore to get the vcore to remain relatively stable under load at around 1.30. Fortunately, I have researched and found the solution-simply use dynamic vcore to counteract the vdroop while still having low vcore at idle.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    You consider that to be good?

This is close to B3 version UD5 LLC2, just not as much (LLC2 on B2 UD5 raised vcore so high the computer would just restart! And LLC1 was up to +.050 rise at 1.4v! Fixed now to small drop on B3 and small rise with LLC2).
    But higher voltage on load is NOT healthy for the cpu. Much safer to have small droop!
    That rise 1.425v on load, +0.050v rise, is too much. Ok for benching but not for long term 24/7 because of spikes even worse with droop *reversed* like that.

If you wanted a gigabyte board that raises the vcore at load higher than at idle, you should have bought UD5 or UD7....at least you can choose small rise or small droop...can you lower that rise on the MSI? It's too much for safety....
    No I didn't mean that this situation is better, I said that the MSI isn't perfect too and this is his problem. But for the rest of the board, I like the MSI a lot better.

Quote Originally Posted by andressergio View Post
    guys why u complain on the drop u need to use LLC1 for 24-7 and LLC2 to bench

it has always been like that but for daily use is better more vcore on idle than on load, spikes on LLC2 makes the chip unstable...also if you follow intel specs the drop is worse
    The boards that we are complaining about vdroop on (UD3, UD3P) don't even HAVE the option for different LLC levels, it's either "enabled" or "disabled". LLC1 is intended to keep set voltage under load, and LLC2 is intended to slightly boost voltage above set under load. With LLC on our boards set to "enabled" there is almost no improvement in vdroop, for 4.6ghz I have to set 1.335v +0.150 DVID in bios (1.485v), and it droops to 1.39-1.4v under full load. Without LLC enabled, it's about 1.37-1.38v, LLC does nearly nothing. DVID helps the issue, but does not completely solve it as the CPU will actually show 1.485v under minor load that sets the CPU to 4.6ghz but not actually stressing all the cores, etc.

I bought this board figuring it would have functioning LLC for overclocking, I did not need the added features of UD4 and up. A few people "within gigabyte" said there would be a fix for this shortly after February's chinese holidays, but apparently that's not the case. It seems this is a hardware deficiency. I didn't really count on paying extra for a board that has a bunch of useless features for me (ie: SLI support) just to get working LLC, as this isn't the case with other brands at all. LLC has never been a "premium" option, MSI and ASUS have always had satisfactory LLC in their boards on the mid-range.

I wish I had have known I bought defective hardware, if it was known within the return frame so I could simply return it and get a different board rather than waiting 4 months to find out it likely won't ever be addressed. Reviews never really brought the issue of non-functioning LLC up, and I bought it day one so I didn't get to see much feedback on the board itself.
    Last edited by Elanzer; 03-20-2011 at 07:50 PM.

Any other GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 users seeing "Floppy drive controllers -> Standard floppy disk controller" in Windows' Device Manager?

I have a rev.1.1 GA-H67MA-UD2H-B3 w/ BIOS version F1. I checked in the BIOS and don't even see a Floppy Controller in there that I can disable.

Every other board I've owned would have an option in the BIOS to disable this so that it doesn't appear in Windows.

It's not a big deal, but it still annoys me.

Thread Information