Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 451 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 351401441449450451452453461501551951 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,510 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

GiggaByte is online now Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Changes of the EX58-UD4P F14p over F14o?

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Improves hardware compatibility issues.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by DagoLaR View Post
    Ill just ask here so i get a prof answer: Would there be any problem updating the BIOS with a RAID on the system? Its the first time im using RAID, so im not sure if it would destroy the array or something similar...

Thanks in advance, and thanks also for all this years of new bioses :D
    Yeah, im on a EX58-UD5, drives are RAID0 on the intel controller, using the Intel Rapid Storage software. Was planning on updating to F13t, as theres some time now since the last beta BIOS (should have some new and interesting updates/stability).

PD: Was updating the signature, sry about that :P
    That is fine, but you have to be careful and be sure you enter the BIOS that second time after you flash and then load optimized and reboot again, that way you can set RAID enabled again.

Here is my suggested method for this, taken from the BIOS flashing sticky

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Once you have flashed and rebooted back into the BIOS choose Load Optimized defaults and save and apply. This is a required step for the flash process to complete, and for the new BIOS to be properly loaded into the chip.

Then reboot Back into the BIOS again before you go into windows. You will need to set your hard drive settings again in the Advanced BIOS page. MOST IMPORTANTLY do not try to load Windows if you are using a RAID setup without setting these disk settings again or you will corrupt your RAID Array.

Please do not skip the above steps and try to load windows, this is for anyone who is reading this who is using RAID, which alot of us do.

I see there is now a newer ud9 - F5p bios, I cant seem to find any info on this one.

Im hoping it fixes the non recognition of my ssd boot drive, as was in error with the F5o bios.

Im back to F4 at the moment as this is working ok, but wanted to have the 3tb support really.

Thanks Acebmxer and Lsdmeasap, everything went hilarous as expected from the indications
    Intel Core i7 920 @ 4Ghz 1.35v
    Gigabyte EX58-UD5 BIOS F13t
    3x2GB OCZ3G1866LV2G @ 9-9-9-28 T1 1.65v
    Gigabyte GV-N26OC-896H @ 730/1460/1200
    2x1TB Seagate Barracuda 7200.12 SATA2 RAID0
    OCZ Stream 700w

Quote Originally Posted by Pablo View Post
    I see there is now a newer ud9 - F5p bios, I cant seem to find any info on this one.

Im hoping it fixes the non recognition of my ssd boot drive, as was in error with the F5o bios.

Im back to F4 at the moment as this is working ok, but wanted to have the 3tb support really.
    What is the issue with F5o? I have seen many using it without any problems, and I even mod'd it for users also who said no issues.

Did you set your boot drive back to the first in the hard drive boot priority list after you flashed and loaded optimized? Is your hard drive connected to the first SATAII port SATAII_0?

Thanks Acebmxer and Lsdmeasap, everything went hilarous as expected from the indications
    Hilarious eh? Hope that means all is well buddy :)

I have 2 ssds.

main boot ssd is on sata6 in ahci mode,on port 6

If i install F50, the bios doesent recognise it, its a c300256, oddly though it does recognise the other ssd on sata7.

Both of these ports are the sata6 ones.

As the bios doesent see the boot drive, i had to then plug the boot drive into a standard sata port, so i could boot, then changed back to F4.

It only does this with F50, fortunateley going back to F4 allowed both ssds to be recognised again and it saw the boot ssd on sata 6 port as normal.

I thought it may of been an ahci issue, but put back to ide mode, but the drive itself just wasnt seen.

Its very strange though that it was only port 6, and the port7 with the other ssd was seen.

However i didnt try the boot ssd on port 7, which i should of done really.

Hope this helps, and ive explained it well enough

Obviously this meant i couldnt set the boot ssd back to first drive in list, as it dissapeared from the list

Oh that would be using the marvel controller/sata6 port sata6g, for more info, but sata port 7 recognised other ssd.
    Last edited by Pablo; 04-05-2011 at 01:17 PM.

Another user just had those same issues with 6Gb/s here too, but I tested and all was fine on my end?
    F8M is unstable

Please send in a report here and see if they can look into that for you.
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

I could put F4 Marvell firmware into F5o BIOS for you, but that would be up to you to test as I don't have a UD9 board - but I do mods all the time without issue.

Aha, yep thats exactly the same problem as me, but mines ud9,

The fact that its not just me, that has the issue, is good news, as i know it will hopefully be fixed.

I would of liked to blame it on c300 firmware, but the fact that the other c300 works on other marvel port, proves its deffo a mobo bios issue.

Hopefully that other guy sees this, maybe he has his working now?

I dont want to use sata2, as it does reduce speeds on the c300 as oposed to using the sata3 ports.

I could use the intel sata3 ports instead, im not lazy or anything, but i cba at the moment to mess about, as its likely gigabyte will fix this issue, time the official F5 is available.

Thanks for all the info and advice, modding f4 to f50 would be a good idea, and may work, but i will wait a while i think.

Gonna get that badge done for Monster2 today, so wont be bios playing today.

Ya, please send in a report and link your comments and the other thread too if you don't mind. That way they are aware of the issue (In case no one else reports it)
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Ya it's not C300 itself or C300 firmware issue, because that is what I tested it with for the other user, but I only tested one port.

Sequential speeds don't mean anything really, except to a benchmark, so Intel ports are still better. 4K and 4K threaded speeds are what matters to your OS and performance, that is where you "feel" the speeds, and those are much better on the Intel ports.

Intel SATA3? There is no Intel SATA3 (6GB/s) on UD9 board, only SATAII 3Gb/s and Marvell 6GB/s

Ya, they will fix it I'm sure, they just need to be made aware of the issue. Good luck on getting the badge finished up, that case is amazing man!

Thread Information