Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 475 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 375425465473474475476477485525575975 ... LastLast
Results 4,741 to 4,750 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #4741
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    France
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hi guys!

    I think the question i'm going to mak has already been asked. I searched in this topic but 474 pages is too bi for me :D

    So, is there any modded bios for UD4 B3 with which we can run superPi 32m with Hypers like 1070Mhz 7-7-6-18?
    I can run all benches like that but spi32 always freezes...

    Thanks in advance and sorry for my english

  2. #4742
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:

    GA-P67A-UD5-B3 - F5

    -Fix S3 wake up issue
    -09.May 11
    At least I know what "S3 wake up issue" is.
    With F5, if you have PLL overvoltage enabled, when the board wakes up from sleep, it will power off, then REPOST itself successfully (without an overclock failed), so it can reinitialize the PLL Overvoltage MSR (this can't be done except at POST), then it loads windows and resumes.

    Frankly it's a lot faster to just shut off the system and boot normally; there's a lot of HDD swapping if you resume from POST instead of directly from suspend.

  3. #4743
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    LSD or stasio:
    Do you guys have contacts at GB to submit bugs?

    If you have any contacts at gigabyte, can you ask them to look into the erratic voltage swings with the multi step LLC on UD5/7? (Assuming Z68 has the same problem since same VRM's/IC's). I went BACK to f3g again after trying F5 final, because I tried LLC7 to stop vdroop (1.440v BIOS=1.440v load), and had vcore SPIKES up to 1.476v at light load or even randomly at idle. 1.445v was even worse...went up to 1.484v a few times...

    LLC6 had spikes too, but not as much but had too much vdroop at high load (almost the same as the "Old" LLC1), and LLC5 simply had too much vdroop at high load.

    It seems like the multi step LLC only is reliable at lower voltages...I know the VRM can handle not having spikes like that...LLC2 on F3G, with 1.415v BIOS ->1.428v idle, 1.440v load, 1.452v high load...only 0.024v rise...seems alot more reasonable, and the light load is ALWAYS less than the full load...

  4. #4744
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by StrategosSan View Post
    Hi guys!

    I think the question i'm going to mak has already been asked. I searched in this topic but 474 pages is too bi for me :D

    So, is there any modded bios for UD4 B3 with which we can run superPi 32m with Hypers like 1070Mhz 7-7-6-18?
    I can run all benches like that but spi32 always freezes...

    Thanks in advance and sorry for my english
    Some Hypers just work, some do not, it all depends on how good the memory is what I've seen. There has not been any BIOSes that have changed this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    LSD or stasio:
    Do you guys have contacts at GB to submit bugs?

    If you have any contacts at gigabyte, can you ask them to look into the erratic voltage swings with the multi step LLC on UD5/7? (Assuming Z68 has the same problem since same VRM's/IC's). I went BACK to f3g again after trying F5 final, because I tried LLC7 to stop vdroop (1.440v BIOS=1.440v load), and had vcore SPIKES up to 1.476v at light load or even randomly at idle. 1.445v was even worse...went up to 1.484v a few times...

    LLC6 had spikes too, but not as much but had too much vdroop at high load (almost the same as the "Old" LLC1), and LLC5 simply had too much vdroop at high load.

    It seems like the multi step LLC only is reliable at lower voltages...I know the VRM can handle not having spikes like that...LLC2 on F3G, with 1.415v BIOS ->1.428v idle, 1.440v load, 1.452v high load...only 0.024v rise...seems alot more reasonable, and the light load is ALWAYS less than the full load...
    Yes, we both do, but you can and should submit bugs here first and ask them to pass along to the BIOS team.
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

    As for your specific issue mentioned now, they already know about all that and are working on LLC all the time, that is why you see 10 levels now :)

    I always thought 4-6 looked best from others reports on the outcome of each, but I haven't played with it too much myself yet.

  5. #4745
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    GA-P67A-UD3- B3 - F5a

    Changes ?

  6. #4746
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Maybe? Haha, just kidding man, if there was a change log you will find it via search - where Stasio first posted that BIOS

  7. #4747
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by fredeb View Post
    The best functioning bios ( as far as stable o/c'ing is concerned ) for the X58A-UD3R ver. 2.0 is FF2 . Maybe FF2 with updated firmware for network and storage controllers would be best yet . ;) hint - hint
    FF9 , FF10 , FG1 were not good for me , and I haven't tried FG2 .

    Anybody else have anything to say about FG2 ?
    Quote Originally Posted by Retow View Post
    Agreed FF2 is the most stable out of every BIOS I've loaded on this board in terms of OC, RAID, booting and Voltage etc.

    I too would be interested in updated Option ROMS.
    So, which do you want now?

    Haha, J/K, I'll do both for you in a while and shoot you a PM so you don't miss out :)

  8. #4748
    Join Date
    May 2011
    Location
    Florida
    Posts
    1

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Maybe they are about to publish F12-13 final or something?

  9. #4749
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Per request:
    GA-X58A-UD3R Beta BIOS FF2 & FG2 MOD - Latest Intel ROM 10.5.0.1034 (Updated from 8.9.0.1023-FF2 / 8.9.1.1002-FG2), LAN 2.39
    GA-X58A-UD3R FF2-FG2 MOD.zip

    Not tested, please flash at your own risk and enjoy!

  10. #4750
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Posts
    33

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Am curious why you didn't use LAN 2.40, which is the latest.

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Per request:
    GA-X58A-UD3R Beta BIOS FF2 & FG2 MOD - Latest Intel ROM 10.5.0.1034 (Updated from 8.9.0.1023-FF2 / 8.9.1.1002-FG2), LAN 2.39
    GA-X58A-UD3R FF2-FG2 MOD.zip

    Not tested, please flash at your own risk and enjoy!
    Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD4P rev 1.0; F14q (mod) BIOS
    Core i7 920 rev D0 (batch: 3849B203) @ 4.2 GHz
    Thermalright Ultra-120 eXtreme-1366 RT
    OCZ 6GB 1600MHz CL7-7-7-24 DDR3 (OCZ3P1600LV6GK 3x2GB)
    Samsung SSD 830 - 128 GB
    Sapphire Radeon HD4770 512MB
    LiteOn iHAS422 & iHAS424
    BFG LS-550 (single 12v rail)
    Windows 7 Ultimate (x64), SP1

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 198 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 193 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. jelol98,
  3. krokodil,
  4. salamence502

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •