Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 477 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 377427467475476477478479487527577977 ... LastLast
Results 4,761 to 4,770 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Ok, that sounds better thanks :)

I knew what you meant, just wanted to clarify that I didn't post any such guide hence my post right before his.

Try this and see if it works any better for you, if not there is some other reason for the backup failing for you, or this mod for some reason isn't working with it? Sorry, I can test this backup issue myself, but I don't have time right now so it would have to be later on.
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 F5b MOD.zip

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ok, that sounds better thanks :)

I knew what you meant, just wanted to clarify that I didn't post any such guide hence my post right before his.

Try this and see if it works any better for you, if not there is some other reason for the backup failing for you, or this mod for some reason isn't working with it? Sorry, I can test this backup issue myself, but I don't have time right now so it would have to be later on.
    GA-P67A-UD4-B3 F5b MOD.zip
    I'll update as soon as I get home. It's weird, the bios I made works perfectly fine. I just can't flash my backup. It hangs at "imaging...". Also, my apologies for not being clearer in my initial post about the bios modification. I thank you, sincerely, for your patience and for taking the time to mod this bios as well.

My intention is, and was, to help the community if I can. I thought "hey, these steps seem right" and everything appears to and seems to be working. Is there a way to manually flash the backup bios say from within Unix or from a low level boot?

Thank you again...

-J

Both bios's work. It must be something weird going on with my board and the secondary bios.

Are there any tools to inspect, test and/or flash the secondary bios from within the OS etc?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

OK, well it could just be the board or BIOS itself. What I would do is flash back to an older BIOS in the F4 series, then flash the backup with that and see if it works, if it does then once finished flash back again to the F5b one and try.

If the F5b one fails, try flashing in the unmodified one and then test the backup, if it fails too then we'll know it's just the BIOS and you'll have to wait until next one to try it again.

Not sure what you mean by "Imaging", can you clarify? You should see the question asking you to backup the BIOS, then reading/flashing/erasing then done.

Unless I'm remembering wrong and it says imaging instead of reading? If so then just laugh at me, I wont mind :)

So it actually says "Writing bios image...". I rolled back to the version 4 bios but ran into the same issue where it would just seemingly hang. Do you know of any diagnostic tools to test and/or force an update of the backup bios?

Do you overclock? Try switching around RAM slots. Try one stick etc.
    Wondering what will happen if the main bios chip is disabled by shorting some of the legs and attempt BIOS flash... Will it switch to the backup chip?

Thread is very poorly organized. I get updates constantly for EVERY motherboard Gigabyte makes it seems. I only want to know about BIOS for my board .... Can admin not break this down per board?
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
    Intel core i7 990X stock speeds
    Corsair 1600 Vengeance 12 GB
    Corsair HX1000 PSU
    HAF-X Case
    CorsairH70
    Gigabyte GTX480 stock x 2 SLI
    OCZ Agility 120 SSD (OS)
    2 x 300 GB Raptors RAID
    Liteon DVD Burner
    Saitek KB Eclipse-Blue LED
    Logitech G5 Mouse
    Win 7 64 Ultimate SP-1

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by folklore View Post
    Thread is very poorly organized. I get updates constantly for EVERY motherboard Gigabyte makes it seems. I only want to know about BIOS for my board .... Can admin not break this down per board?
    Can you take care (take over) about this thread?
    I will be very happy.
    Last edited by stasio; 05-21-2011 at 09:25 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

PalZer0 is offline Junior Member

One central thread for all mobo BIOS updates is better than having 9001 different threads dedicated to different mobos' BIOS updates.

The latest BIOS for your mobo is listed on page 1. Refer to that if you're looking for a new BIOS update.
    ASUS P8Z68-V Pro (BIOS version 3402) | Core i5 2500K (4GHz) | 8GB Corsair Vengeance CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8R DDR3-1600 CL8 (2x4GB) | Palit GTX 680 Jetstream 2GB | ASUS Xonar D2X | WD Caviar Black 1TB (WD1002FAEX) | LG CH10LS20 Blu-ray/DVD-RW combo drive | Corsair HX650 | Antec Nine Hundred Two V3 | Samsung 2333SW (23" LCD @ 1920x1080) | Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 x64

What is the pay like? ; )

Didn't mean to offend, I apologize if I have.

I'm not as patient (or as young) as you fellows ; I do wish there was a way to get updates from this Thread about my board only. Maybe a Boolean function to screen via MB type down the road?

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Can you take care (take over) about this thread?
    I will be very happy.
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7
    Intel core i7 990X stock speeds
    Corsair 1600 Vengeance 12 GB
    Corsair HX1000 PSU
    HAF-X Case
    CorsairH70
    Gigabyte GTX480 stock x 2 SLI
    OCZ Agility 120 SSD (OS)
    2 x 300 GB Raptors RAID
    Liteon DVD Burner
    Saitek KB Eclipse-Blue LED