Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 480 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 380430470478479480481482490530580980 ... LastLast
Results 4,791 to 4,800 of 10850

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Could the same thing be done for the X58-OC F5b bios?

Hello Stasio, thanks for the great job, and the update of ours bioses.
    I wanna reports some RAM issues, I use two kit of F3-12800CL7D-4GBECO, whit the last relase (F5b), that however improves the overclock capability of my motherboard (-0.012V on the Vcore)

Greetings.

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rafale View Post
    Could the same thing be done for the X58-OC F5b bios?
    Which ROM's, the Intel mainly? If so yes, but if you change to a new Intel ROM you can't use the super fast Marvell controller then, at least in RAID (It's way better than the old Marvell controller = Highly Suggested!!)

Well you can't have both is what I mean, you can only enable RAID on one or the other, but I think that limitation is currently in place with the old Intel ROM as well, you get an error and the Marvell ROM can't be accessed/loaded

The Marvell only takes two drives and even though it is SATA3 and better than the 9128, it is not as good as the ICH10R which is SATA2... Why are these ROMS mutually exclusive?

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by rafale View Post
    The Marvell only takes two drives and even though it is SATA3 and better than the 9128, it is not as good as the ICH10R which is SATA2... Why are these ROMS mutually exclusive?
    Ya, it does only accept two drives, but you could use it in RAID and still have the Intel in AHCI. I just meant you can't enable RAID for both without errors such as entering the Marvell ROM at bootup, which you can't do with the old (Default) ROM either if both are in RAID mode. I can update it for you, I was just saying there may be issues if I do, depending on how you use it. 4G may also not work if you use that, not sure. I can update it though no problem, I'll do it tonight and post the file for you.

BTW, the Marvell 9182 is MUCH better than the Intel controller!! I have not really tested with single drives though, so it may be about even with a single drive, but RAID is massively better now than Intel

Cool Please do! I am wondering if there is a compatibility problem between the latest intel raid rom and the X58-OC BIOS...

New here, have been following these forums for some time now :). I have a GA-P67-UD4-B3. I'm looking at several Bios', not going for a crazy OC, just something reliable/stable 4.5ghz+. Currently using Gigabyte's F4.

I prefer to 24/7 it @4.5ghz, but it would be nice to see what it's capable of :).

Thanks for your time :).

Still have to test it but it think I solved hang at starting Windows logo.
    I flashed last bios for my X58A-UD5 rev2 - FF1 which does have EFI support, and then installed Windows 7 x64 with included SP1. In BIOS I forced EFI, although I don't need it.
    So now I boot into Windows without issues with AHCI on from Intel G2 SSD.
    I hope this is the end of this problem. For now I couldn't use any bios newer than FB version.

for gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 what is the best bios right now?

CaneMan is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by kastoras View Post
    for gigabyte ud3r x58a revision 2 what is the best bios right now?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post394627

The Mod FF2 works well

Thread Information