Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 497 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 397447487495496497498499507547597997 ... LastLast
Results 4,961 to 4,970 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Modded P67-UD4-B3 F5e
    RST ROM: 10.6.0.1091
    Realtek 2.4.1

Flashed on my board without issues but do so at your own risk/discretion.

Multiupload.com - upload your files to multiple file hosting sites!

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by kira1985 View Post
    Yea it's brand new. Patch ID might be wrong because the F10 doesn't support the Q8400.

I doubt that would cause the zero's, and as I showed you before F10 also should support the Q8400 too because it has all the exact same microcodes as the newer BIOSes. I've asked about the zero's but they haven't said anything about it, so it may be a non-issue.

The engineers have asked if you have any updates yet, so just checking with you to see if you've tried flashing again as I mentioned Here with the 6750 CPU and those mentioned methods. If you have not, please try and see if it helps, thanks!

I know my motherboards now getting long in the tooth but could someone update the latest F13u BIOS for my GA-EX58-UD5 (revision 1.0) to include updated Intel / Realtek ROMs? Much appreciated :)
    Chasis Corsair 700D Mobo GA-EX58-UD5 (F13u) CPU i7 920 D0 (Corsair H50-1) RAM Patriot Viper 12GB DDR3 GPU Sapphire 6870 HD PSU Corsair TX 750W Storage OCZ Vertex 120GB SSD / 7 TB HDD / Optiarc AD-5170A DVDRW Display Hanns.G HG281DJ 28in LCD Monitor OS Windows 7 Ultimate x64 SP1

Hi there,
    I read the post below and another thread GA-Z68X-UD3P-B3 and Onboard Raid Controllers regarding issues using multiple RAID controllers and need some clarification.

The board I'll be using is the Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 which has the standard Intel and x2 additional Marvel 9172 controllers all capable of RAID - so I believe it will have the same issue?

What I would like to know is -
    1/ Have I read correctly that I can enable RAID on the 3 controllers in the BIOS but during POST there will be an error regarding loading the Marvell Option ROM however once the OS has loaded (Windows 7 64bit) I will be able to use the Intel RST and the Marvell Storage Utility to fully configure/manage the drives on each RAID Controller?
    (Obviously(?) I should only enable the Intel RAID initially to configure the BOOT RAID and then install the OS but after that I can enable the BIOS with the additional Marvell controllers in RAID)

2/ Does anyone know if Gigabyte are working on a solution to this, as there is nothing on their site or in the User Manual regarding this RAID issue.

3/ Is there a modded BIOS solution/work-around for this issue on the GA-Z68XP-UD4.

4/ Are there any performance problems with the Marvell 88SE9172.

Your help would be greatly appreciated

Kind regards,
    Bruce.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    OK, I have tested the F5b MOD BIOS for X58A-OC

Intel RAID Enabled in BIOS by itself (IE No Marvell RAID) = RAID Option ROM Skipped during POST, but fine to use RAID arrays

Intel RAID Enabled in BIOS + Marvell RAID Enabled = Intel RAID Option ROM Skipped during POST, but fine to use RAID arrays. Marvell ROM cannot load - IE No Marvell Option ROM, but can use Marvell array already created or new can be created in windows.

Marvell RAID only enabled in BIOS, Intel AHCI or IDE = Fine to enter Marvell option ROM

The main reason this BIOS is different than others is due to the memory size allotted for option ROM's during post and since the Marvell controller has it's own BIOS that takes up much of that room set aside for ROM's to load. That is very likely the reason they use the old (Smaller) Intel ROM to begin with, but the similar applies with the older ROM as well anyway. Meaning you cannot enter the Marvell ROM during post if Intel + Marvell RAID is enabled, but you can use RAID on both via disk arrays, or creating arrays in windows on either controller, and you can still enter the Intel ROM during POST with the older ROM so that is probably why they stuck with it for now.

So, in short, this mod does not fully/properly work as you would expect but it is usable if you know what to expect and how to work around certain things. I can give you this BIOS if you like with the updated Intel ROM and Realtek LAN, but you will have to conform to the above and understand that if you need to create or modify any RAID arrays on either controller that would need to be done in windows, and no RAID creation will be possible from either ROM during POST unless ONLY the Marvell is set to RAID.

If you would like the BIOS send me a PM please, I will not post this in public due to it's not ideal for many to use without fully understanding the issues it presents and how you would work around them if needed. If you do request it, I ask that you please do not post it publicly and that you do not pass the link around to anyone, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    My dear friend (and others),
    received yesterday 6.30 PM(Taiwan time) arround 20 new internal test Beta BIOS's for P67 and Z68 boards and as many times stated in earlier posts,some came with changelog...some not.
    So,supose to be:

-Fix MultiStep Loadline
    -Fix Ram/CPU Multi bug
    -Pleriminary support for (P67A) TouchBIOS (still some bug in Voltage section)
    -18/19.Jul 11

Note:
    Please note that this beta BIOS is still under testing and not approved by GBT standard test procedure
    The BIOS F8 Gigabyte's website does not add these updates?

Just put:
    -Support GIGABYTE TouchBIOS
    -Support Intel 22nm CPU

Quote Originally Posted by PolifemoX View Post

Just put:
    -Support Intel 22nm CPU
    I also observe that LLC and mem speed fix are not in the F8 posted to gigabyte's bios. Z68-UD5 here

Quote Originally Posted by pham View Post
    I also observe that LLC and mem speed fix are not in the F8 posted to gigabyte's bios. Z68-UD5 here
    Then F8f version is totally different from the F8 (my motherboard is GA-Z68X-UD7-B3)?

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by PolifemoX View Post

Just put:
    -Support Intel 22nm CPU
    This has been for BIOS before posted on GB web site.
    Finally,new BIOS has new turbo function (up to 38) from 1333+ MHz memory frequency.

It's as per Intel spec:
    IntelŪ Core™ i7 Processor — IntelŪ Core™ i7 desktop processor IntelŪ Turbo Boost Technology frequency table
    1C=x38
    2C=x37
    3C=x36
    4C=x35

Before only up to x35.

-When memory XMP used,all four cores are x38 (?).
    -When BCLK Clock Control "Disabled" it's show 100.3 MHz in CPU-Z.

Last edited by stasio; 07-24-2011 at 08:32 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Lonelobo is offline Member

Tested the new UD9 bios the latest beta, and all is working well till now :)
    Can som1 make a mod for the following motherboard/bios with the latest lan/sata/raid roms included? thanks in advance :D
    GA-X58A-UD9 - F6c
    GA-X58A-UD7 - F9a
    GA-EX58-Extreme - F13s

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Lonelobo View Post
    Tested the new UD9 bios the latest beta, and all is working well till now :)
    Can som1 make a mod for the following motherboard/bios with the latest lan/sata/raid roms included? thanks in advance :D
    GA-X58A-UD9 - F6c
    GA-X58A-UD7 - F9a
    GA-EX58-Extreme - F13s
    See post #4943
    (except F6c)

Btw,
    22nm Intel Ivy Bridge, first overclocking with GA-Z68X-UD7-B3:

Google Translate
    Last edited by stasio; 07-25-2011 at 11:37 AM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;