Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 50 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 404849505152601001505501050 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

I will pass it along, I get the same checksum in windows from my two sources so they are the same files from both places I normally would obtain them

*EDIT*

They were created on the same day/time, however I do see the file you linked from Fileden/Here was modified some 18 hours later then the other one as you can see here.

Not sure how that is possible with the checksums being the same???

Does it flash ok in DOS with FlashSPI or 895? Or are you up for that? That is how I would have flashed before ever trying @BIOS. Don't try it if you are worried, not worth the risk at all!! I just wondered if you had tried or thought of that

This issue would need to be addressed anyhow so I will pass it along this afternoon. They surely already know though as we are not the only ones who obtain and share Beta's

Everyone has Left in Taiwan by now so it will have to go in to them later today (Friday Morning for them)
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-05-2009 at 06:56 PM.

Thanks man.

I didn't try FlashSpi or 895 (?), and the only other method I thought of trying was with awdflash and a bootable CD...

The thing about @Bios is I had used it before reading the warnings about it >.< (just after getting the board for the first flash). It was still installed and I wasn't that 'scarred' (maybe I should be) to use it again.

The other thing is, until reading the other post (I previously linked) with the person having a similar problem with F6d, I thought I was going to be stuck with that BIOS without solution forever. lol. (bunk/corrupt flash, etc...). Times were desperate, and @BIOS was a desperate measure :p.

Anyway I'm glad it worked... Lsd, I would think everything is back to normal, since after using @BIOS and reverting to a working BIOS, I flashed again using the "correct" Q-Flash method. This should be the case right?

Thanks again for your assistance,

Cheers, Ced.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

kick is offline Senior Member

F6 or F6a for EP-45 UD3
    Q:Is there any known benefit aside from ET6 now working on 64vista?
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Lsdmeasap, thanks for all the hard work you do on the Gigabyte forum. I have a quick question I am hoping you can pass along to the engineers:

Can they please update the AHCI rom version for the P35-DS3P bios?

The bootup is so slow when ACHI or RAID is enabled. I know countless other users of this motherboard have complained of the same problem. If this would be fixed, it would make the P35-DS3P the best motherboard I have owned in 10+ years. Right now it is just plain annoying on startup.

Thank you for your help, I saw they updated the AHCI rom in the UD5-f6c bios and figured they could probably do it for the P35-DS3P too.

@Torter...

Send me a PM with your email and I'll send BIOS to you

Torter hopefully they will update them all soon, the 2006 version is a bit old and it is in all the BIOS's I have used for several boards! I have been meaning to ask about this myself as I have seen a few users updating their own in personally Modified BIOS's.

I'll ask Colin about this for the rest of the boards tonight (for anyone interested) and maybe they can all get a update in each boards next round of updates? Hopefully anyway.

Ya C3D76, That is what I would do. I mean re-flash with Qflash afterward. Really the danger with @BIOS is only in the procedure itself, if it all goes well during the @BIOS flash then you should be fine normally.

Kick, there is normally various fixes or things added/changed in each round of updates, some not major enough to be noted in the change logs. So that may or may not be the only noticeable thing you see updated between them and the F5 versions. Sorry I do not know more, maybe someone else will chime in though

Chucko is offline Member

I would be interested in the updated AHCI ROM version for the EP45-DS3R as well.

And, uh, while Colin is at it, maybe he could find a change log for F11a for this board... ;)

@Chucko

Send me a PM with your email. As for the F11a, is this for the EP45-DS3R? Where did you get this BIOS, as the most recent version I have is labeled 11a (no f, which could mean just mislabeled by BIOS guys)? I know you guys don't want to hear, but we only publish change logs for release versions, not engineering BIOS. To get that info is a bit tricky even for me, as I have to track down the engineer responsible and ask verbally, which my Chinese isn't the greatest. haha

Chucko is offline Member

I got the F11a BIOS from the link in the first post of this thread. PM to follow. Thanks Colin.

Thread Information