Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 53 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 3435152535455631031535531053 ... LastLast
Results 521 to 530 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #521
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    You No need to change nothing in the BIOS,Optimized setting can detect 7-7-7-20(or higher),but is in Auto.Leave everything in Auto and your RAM will be 9-9-9-24 in Windows.
    I see, many thanks stasio..

    EDIT: I've just set timings in the BIOS to Auto and yes, CPU-Z shows 9-9-9-25 (should be 9-9-9-24).. Is this ok?

    Sorry, Im still getting my head around how memory timings work!
    Last edited by dangermoose; 03-07-2009 at 02:59 PM.

  2. #522
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Yes that would be fine. What ram is it you have and what speed are you running, you may not have to use CAS 9

  3. #523
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Yes that would be fine. What ram is it you have and what speed are you running, you may not have to use CAS 9
    Ram:
    6GB (3x2GB) CorsairXMS3, DDR3 PC3-10666 (1333), CAS 9-9-9-24

    CPU-Z says DRAM frequency = 700MHz & NB Frequency 3500 MHz..
    Is this what you mean by speed or do I need to check in the bios?

    Edit: Sorry, one more question.. Ive left the dram voltage at auto and currently running my i7 920 @ blck 175 to give me 3500GHz. The dram voltage is showing up as 1.58V when its specced to be run at 1.5V - should I manually change the voltage to 1.5V?
    Last edited by dangermoose; 03-07-2009 at 07:29 PM.

  4. #524
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by GHz View Post
    hi euonline,

    i was wondering...
    in windows 7, when using a bios that works with S3 (F5e for me).
    do you have any errors in the event viewer after waking the pc?
    i installed a copy of 7048 x64 the other day and i've started noticing some Event 12, Microsoft-Windows-HAL errors after waking my pc, even at completely stock settings:

    "The platform firmware has corrupted memory across the previous system power transition. Please check for updated firmware for your system."
    Hi GHZ,

    Try to enable in bios "high precision event" 64BIT.

    In my case with bios F5C, S3 was working, but not GEST... now I am trying the F6C and S3 does not work but GEST does.... lol. I like GEST because it drops the multi to 10! when idle.

    I really like Windows 7 and I belive it will be no way back now.... there is some bugs but make sure to get all the new updates.

    * Working on Windows 7
    Xeon W3540 : Gigabyte UD5 : Vertex 60GB : WD Green 1.5TB : WD Green 1TB : GSKill PC16000 6GB CL7 : GTX580 : Water Cooled by EK : Windows 7

  5. #525
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    dangermoose,
    Your memory Corsair XMS3-TR3X6G1333C9 voltage is up to 1.60V.
    Assume,that you read 1.58V in BIOS,please use Everest to read voltage in Windows(should be less).
    Last edited by stasio; 03-07-2009 at 09:29 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  6. #526
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by euonline View Post
    Hi GHZ,

    Try to enable in bios "high precision event" 64BIT.

    In my case with bios F5C, S3 was working, but not GEST... now I am trying the F6C and S3 does not work but GEST does.... lol. I like GEST because it drops the multi to 10! when idle.

    I really like Windows 7 and I belive it will be no way back now.... there is some bugs but make sure to get all the new updates.

    * Working on Windows 7
    Hi euonline,

    i presume you mean HPET 64 bit?
    if so, i have had that enabled since the day i purchased the UD5
    i haven't actually noticed any difference enabled or disabled

    GEST = EIST ?
    i have no problems with EIST on F5e, but i've also never seen it drop the multiplier lower than 12

    i've found one or two people with the same Event 12, Microsoft Windows HAL, errors, but no resolution or fixes so far
    i've tried to adjust/loosen timings, dropped memory back to 1066, increased voltages, but nothing so far has stopped them appearing
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

  7. #527
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Planet Earth
    Posts
    38

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by GHz View Post
    Hi euonline,

    i presume you mean HPET 64 bit?
    if so, i have had that enabled since the day i purchased the UD5
    i haven't actually noticed any difference enabled or disabled

    GEST = EIST ?
    i have no problems with EIST on F5e, but i've also never seen it drop the multiplier lower than 12

    i've found one or two people with the same Event 12, Microsoft Windows HAL, errors, but no resolution or fixes so far
    i've tried to adjust/loosen timings, dropped memory back to 1066, increased voltages, but nothing so far has stopped them appearing
    Hi again,

    Is not eist in bios, in the GEST and ET6 (gigabyte software)

    *edit: I am using the 7000 version of windows 7. I will try to flash the F5e bios to see if I get the same problem.
    Last edited by euonline; 03-07-2009 at 09:33 PM.
    Xeon W3540 : Gigabyte UD5 : Vertex 60GB : WD Green 1.5TB : WD Green 1TB : GSKill PC16000 6GB CL7 : GTX580 : Water Cooled by EK : Windows 7

  8. #528
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    U.K.
    Posts
    106

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    oic, my bad
    i've never used the energy saving software before...
    i've just installed the DES software, along with ET6.
    so far cpu-z is reporting that the cpu is dropping as low as a x6 multi. but temps appear to be unchanged (realtemp/coretemp), even with all power saving options enabled and using "Level 3: Extreme Power Saving"
    i'll leave it on for now and see how it affects things
    Last edited by GHz; 03-07-2009 at 10:31 PM.
    i7 950, Gigabyte EX58A-UD3R (2.0), 3x4GB G.Skill PC3-12800, HD 6970

  9. #529
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    36

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    dangermoose,
    Your memory Corsair XMS3-TR3X6G1333C9 voltage is up to 1.60V.
    Assume,that you read 1.58V in BIOS,please use Everest to read voltage in Windows(should be less).
    Everest is showing 1.58 also. Is this an issue?



    cpu-z shows 1.5 here..


  10. #530
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    That is fine for your ram, and do keep in mind you are overclocking it already to 1400Mhz and since it is 1333 CAS 9 ram you wont be able to lower it like I suggested. So you are all good I would say

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 183 users browsing this thread. (4 members and 179 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. krokodil,
  3. salamence502

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •