Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 550 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 504505005405485495505515525606006501050 ... LastLast
Results 5,491 to 5,500 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

cheers lsd :)

i had tried that at first and 1+3 are a little better than 2+4 but not stable at all, they will boot 1866 but 2133 wont even post.

it is fine with 2gb sticks in tho :/

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Are you manually setting timings? If not try that, and set 9-11-19-28-1T only. You may also need to manually increase and set tRFC (200+), but try auto first.

You may need to increase your QPI/Vtt (1.15-1.2 should be plenty), I'm using a set of 997000 (1600@787-24) and they can run 2133 fine with those timings on Z68X-UD3H
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-07-2012 at 10:39 PM.

NoJuan999 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I can do new option ROM for you on that board, but as mentioned above that's not all you need to use the 3TB tools from Gigabyte.

If you want a new ROM let me know via PM
    Do you have an Intel AHCI OROM newer than this Version 1.20E 0027-03232010 ?
    Which going by the 03232010, I assume was last modified on 03/23/2010.
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-08-2012 at 04:15 AM.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    I am interested too for a newer version.

Wanted to post my (brief) experiences with the F7c bios for the GA-P67A-UD7-B3.

It seems better then 7b, although that might be my natural optimism ;+). The two thing that are better are:
    - Vdroop is less
    - Voltage spikes are less high and occur far less

Bad thing are:
    - Vdroop is still way to high at high voltages
    - Voltage spikes still exist so can still ruin an overclock.

The vdroop is pretty good up till 1.44V, being 'only' 0.01V. But after that the situation becomes worse, @ 1,495 the vdroop is 0.04 with the most optimal LLC level. That's still a little less then it is with 7b. But at that voltage, it is still better to overclock with only Dynamic Voltage, as that 'only' has a vdroop of 0.02 at that level. With 7b, that was 0,3/0,4.

The voltage spikes are less high and occur less. It did not happen during 10 minutes of testing @ 1.44V, tho longer testing may reveal a hidden problem. At least it did not happen as frequent as with 7b. @ 1.495V, I saw 'only' one spike after 10 minutes of testing, of 0.055V. Slightly less then previously, but still unacceptable for good overclocking. When I WinRar something, the voltage shoots to 1.55V

It seems that with this BIOS, with LLC enabled, the mobo also used a slight negative Dynamic Voltage automatically, tho I might be mistaken. Also, the mobo seems genreally more stable with LLC enabled.

Main difference seems to be that LLC works much better at medium high voltages. At high voltages it's still incredibly messy, tho less so.

Edit: Whenever I use use WinRar my voltage shoots up to 1.55V and stays there most of the time, using no LLC only Dynamic Voltage.

I'm starting to wonder, is this normal for the GA-P67A-UD7-B3 or should I be thinking about RMA'ing?

PS One more thing, @ 4,4Ghz and below, enabling PLL overvoltage leeds to boot loops. At higher frequencies it's fine.
    Last edited by julianNL; 02-08-2012 at 05:09 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    Which going by the 03232010, I assume was last modified on 03/23/2010.
    Quote Originally Posted by manusfreedom View Post
    I am interested too for a newer version.
    Sorry guys, no I don't have any newer AHCI ROM's, only RAID ROM's

AHCI I have are (E.0012_11252008 & E.0024_12212009), where are you seeing the 2010 one you mentioned? Is that what is currently used in BIOSes, if so which ones do you see this in as that would be new for Gigabyte I believe?

Quote Originally Posted by julianNL View Post
    Wanted to post my (brief) experiences with the F7c bios for the GA-P67A-UD7-B3.

It seems better then 7b, although that might be my natural optimism ;+). The two thing that are better are:
    - Vdroop is less
    - Voltage spikes are less high and occur far less

Bad thing are:
    - Vdroop is still way to high at high voltages
    - Voltage spikes still exist so can still ruin an overclock.

The vdroop is pretty good up till 1.44V, being 'only' 0.01V. But after that the situation becomes worse, @ 1,495 the vdroop is 0.04 with the most optimal LLC level. That's still a little less then it is with 7b. But at that voltage, it is still better to overclock with only Dynamic Voltage, as that 'only' has a vdroop of 0.02 at that level. With 7b, that was 0,3/0,4.

The voltage spikes are less high and occur less. It did not happen during 10 minutes of testing @ 1.44V, tho longer testing may reveal a hidden problem. At least it did not happen as frequent as with 7b. @ 1.495V, I saw 'only' one spike after 10 minutes of testing, of 0.055V. Slightly less then previously, but still unacceptable for good overclocking. When I WinRar something, the voltage shoots to 1.55V

It seems that with this BIOS, with LLC enabled, the mobo also used a slight negative Dynamic Voltage automatically, tho I might be mistaken. Also, the mobo seems genreally more stable with LLC enabled.

Main difference seems to be that LLC works much better at medium high voltages. At high voltages it's still incredibly messy, tho less so.

Edit: Whenever I use use WinRar my voltage shoots up to 1.55V and stays there most of the time, using no LLC only Dynamic Voltage.

I'm starting to wonder, is this normal for the GA-P67A-UD7-B3 or should I be thinking about RMA'ing?

PS One more thing, @ 4,4Ghz and below, enabling PLL overvoltage leeds to boot loops. At higher frequencies it's fine.
    Thanks for your feedback! It's nice to see some improvements have been made, but I've not heard back from my contact about our revious discussion so I'm not even sure if that BIOS has any intended voltage spike fixes in it in regards to our recent inquires. It may just be that they made those improvements without our discussion in mind? Anyway, improvement is improvement so that is a plus no matter how you look at it.

You may find this video interesting, it's about voltage spikes with CPU-z and measure non-spikes with DMM (On X79, but still shows how CPU-z shows this in error), there's a couple so watch them all and read what Dino has to say!

Post #19 + 21
    3930K + Gigabyte X79-UD5 [4x2GB A-Data 2000X Elpida BBSE] quicky tests

Of course at higher voltages you're going to see higher spikes, and same applies for setting higher voltages (You'll get higher voltages, sometimes more than set so keep an eye on what you use).

Interesting findings with Winrar, that's with 1.44v set right? Does this happen with any version, new or old? Please check if you don't mind

PLL Overvoltage should only be needed or enabled when you are past the max multiplier your CPU can do without it, so that may be normal for it to cause issues with on x44 or less because most CPU's can do x44 or higher without it anyway.

I extracted it from an Intel MB BIOS, but I don't remember which exact BIOS.
    Here is if you want it:
    Intel AHCI OROM Version 1.20E 0027-03232010
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/ahc...7_03232010.bin

I have been using it in my GA-P55A-UD4P for months and I haven't have any problems with using AHCI Mode.
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-24-2012 at 02:13 AM.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Thanks, I'll try it out on P67/Z68 and X58

Does it load any faster, or different, than the regular 1.20E Gigabyte has been using?

It does seem to load a little faster than the one that was in my BIOS previously.
    But as far as HDD Speeds, they seem to be the same as before.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post

Of course at higher voltages you're going to see higher spikes, and same applies for setting higher voltages (You'll get higher voltages, sometimes more than set so keep an eye on what you use).

Interesting findings with Winrar, that's with 1.44v set right? Does this happen with any version, new or old? Please check if you don't mind
    Do note that that is with Dynamic Voltage only, without LLC whatsoever. DV keeps vdroop low but results in terrible overvoltage. LLC does not have this problem, but it suffers from terrible vdroop.

As the voltage swings are just way to large for the overcloking Im doing, I decided to give up on this mobo. I just ordered an Asus ROG board. After so many BIOS updates I just don'believe it's gonna work out anymore. I asked in several places, but nobody said this behaviour means my specific mobo is not 100%, so I have to assume this is a structural problem for this model and maybe even for this whole series of Gigabyte mobo's for this socket. Also, I;m disappointed that there is no fan control whatsoever possible on the fanheaders of this mobo.

Thanks tho for this great community, when Gigabyte get their act together with future sockets I hope to own an UD3 mobo once more.

Thread Information