Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 551 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 514515015415495505515525535616016511051 ... LastLast
Results 5,501 to 5,510 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lee, this spiking problem never happened with the old LLC2. back when I used f3g, I always monitored it, and the regulation was pretty much spot on, even though its desirable to have load and idle as close to each other as possible, at least we knew what we were getting.
    True, full load was about 0.028v higher than what was set in bios, but that's a lot better than having LLC7 going anywhere between 1.428v-1.476, with 1.440v set in bios...

Sigh...another user left.....all GB has to do is put back the original LLC2 and people wouldn't be so upset....

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

JulianNL, there is control on several of the ports of the P67-UD7 motherboard (CPU Fan, SYS_Fan 2+3). Those can be controlled with Easytune, or possibly other software such as speedfan if configured properly.

There is also direct BIOS control by voltage or PWM, with slop adjustments for the CPU. Are you talking about some other board, if so which?

Sorry to hear you abandoned ship, I'm sure they will eventually get this stuff sorted out!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    JulianNL, there is control on several of the ports of the P67-UD7 motherboard (CPU Fan, SYS_Fan 2+3). Those can be controlled with Easytune, or possibly other software such as speedfan if configured properly.

There is also direct BIOS control by voltage or PWM, with slop adjustments for the CPU. Are you talking about some other board, if so which?

Sorry to hear you abandoned ship, I'm sure they will eventually get this stuff sorted out!
    Only the CPU-fan is controllable, all other fans on the GA-P67A-UD7-B3 are not controllable. Not from BIOS, not with Speedfan and not with Easytune. Strange but true.

I have the board myself, and they are controllable via easytune last I checked. I do not use speedfan because... we'll just leave it at that.

If you want I can verify for you again on latest BIOS, and shoot video if you need me to, no problem just let me know. If you are having issues with easytune, you do need to have the latest BIOS and Intel MEI drivers installed, otherwise you can't change Bclk, ect and I was thinking maybe this is why you thought the fan control was broke so I thought I'd mention it just in case.

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I have the board myself, and they are controllable via easytune last I checked. I do not use speedfan because... we'll just leave it at that.

If you want I can verify for you again on latest BIOS, and shoot video if you need me to, no problem just let me know. If you are having issues with easytune, you do need to have the latest BIOS and Intel MEI drivers installed, otherwise you can't change Bclk, ect and I was thinking maybe this is why you thought the fan control was broke so I thought I'd mention it just in case.
    You can use either speedfan or easytune to move some sliders around, however that does not affect the actual fan speed.

Right now I am on F7c but the same behaviour was with F7b and F3h and F6b.

I always have all the latest drivers installed, including Intel MEI drivers. I did some overclocking tests using easytune to save me some reboots, including changing BCLK.

Thx for the reply tho.

Well I would verify the fan speed with AIDA64. I'll check it out this weekend for you if I get time, I'll let you know what I see!

Well I checked visually, I checked by listening and by monitoring with Easytune, Speedfan and HWMonitor. I am sure the fans are not changing speed. I would like to know if your fans do change speed. If that is the case, my mobo seems defective in that respect. So thanks in advance for checking!

Other board arrived today, will problably build it in on friday, so if you have stuff you would like me to test please let me know before then.

Hi,

Updated my EP-45-DS3 to F10e last night.
    Booting from USb doesn't work on my board (could be my usb drives), tired to use Q-flash but that wouldn't detect any drives. So I burnt a bootable DOS CD with flashspi and all the BIOS's F10b through F10e on it, booted to dos and flashed the BIOS.

The computer rebooted and it now says F10e, but it has disabled all my USB ports!! This means I have no keyboard or mouse, and I need to be able to type to get back to the DOS prompt to reflash back to 10d. I tried to create a bootable dos image that in the autoexec.bat runs the flashspi, but I had no luck. (Once it loads the MSCDEX driver for the CD it sits at the a: prompt and with no keyboard I am doomed)

I have a few options:
    1. Track down a non-usb keyboard (threw my old one out about 6 months ago. Doh!), cause I have an old ps-2 mouse and that works wen I boot to windows. I have tried a ps-2 adapter to my usb keyboard. No luck.
    2. Do you have a bootable iso image that automatically runs flashspi that I could download and put in the F10d? I have this laptop so I can still burn a cd

Any other ideas on what could be causing the board to loose its usb? The only non-standard bit of hardware in my computer is a U3S6 SATA III card.
    Anyone else reported this problem?

Cheers

Edit: Managed to borrow a ps/2 keyboard from the local compuer shop and have flashed back to 10d all working again.
    Feedback, the 10e bios did not work for me, it disable all USB ports...
    Last edited by jcrawfor74; 02-11-2012 at 08:09 AM. Reason: fixed
    Mother Board: GA-EP4-DS3 Bios: F10d
    CPU: Core 2 Duo E8400 (E0), Cooler: Aywun A1-V10
    PSU: Zalman ZM600-ST, Memory: Corsair CM2X2048-8500C5C (4GB Ram)
    Video: Asus EAH3850/G/HTDI/512M, Trying to OC to 4.0Ghz

Hi all!

After a long time i decided to update the bios of my GA-X58A-UD7 rev1. I see the latest bios in post1 but i think this has not the latest roms for example. Would it be pssible to send a link with a fully updated bios for this motherboard?

Preferably a bios that has not only he latest roms etc but also has been used and tested to be working flawlessly.

Thanks A LOT for your time!

Thread Information