Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 554 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 544545045445525535545555565646046541054 ... LastLast
Results 5,531 to 5,540 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

NoJuan999 is offline Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by templ View Post
    http://download.gigabyte.ru/bios/mb_...2h-b3_f10c.exe
    GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3 (rev. 1.3)

Could please someone replace current with raid bios ->IntelŪ RAID ROM 11.0.0.1399 in it?
    Or post ali ink to a guide how to do it myself/yourself ;) ?!

Many Thanks!
    OROMS Updated:
    Intel RAID Rom - 11.0.0.1339
    Realtek PXE - 2.45

Gigabyte_GA-Z68MA-D2H-B3_(Rev.1.3)_F10c_IR11.0.0.1339_RTE2.45.rar
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/Gig...39_RTE2.45.rar
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Thanks NoJuan999! I was trying to find the guided walk-through for him that someone posted in this thread a while back, but haven't found it yet :(

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    ^^ Notepad too! ^^

@ JulianNL - I'll be testing out that fan stuff on P67-UD7 for you tonight, just as soon as I get done testing some A75M stuff for Formula350
    Sorry about the wait JulianNL!!

OK, here is a video of fan control working just fine in GA-P67A-UD7. I included the video in two formats (WMV & AVI x264vfw/H.264/MPEG4) just in case one doesn't work for you.

This is with 2 x 120MM fans, one connected to the CPU header, and one connected to SYS_Fan3. The minimum start speeds shown at the begging of the video is as slow as these particular fans will go before stopping, and the max is the highest RPM they can do. If set below the minimum the fans come to a dead stop, so it works fine in my testing, for the headers that allow fan control.

I did not test the other headers, because they do not have control listed in the manual, but I can later if you like. This is aside from SYS_Fan2, it has control too, but I didn't test it this time around just because I only grabbed two fans for testing. If you would like to see all three controlled at once let me know.

If you have problems with speedfan, you may need to configure the settings to match the ones circled below, in case you didn't know exactly to make it actually work. Sometimes you don't need to adjust these, other times you do, not sure why? I dislike speedfan because it's often so hard for users to learn how to set it up, but many people swear by it, so if you want to use it you need to teach yourself how it all works!

Videos
    Fan.Control.Testing-P67A-UD7.rar
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-13-2012 at 03:26 AM.

Thanks NoJuan999! I was trying to find the guided walk-through for him that someone posted in this thread a while back, but haven't found it yet :(
    You're Welcome.
    I've done so many of these it's second nature now. :)
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    You're Welcome.
    I've done so many of these it's second nature now. :)
    Yeah NoJuan999 has been doing most of the p67/z68 bios mods for people as I did not feel comfortable enough with out having tested one my self as I dont have one of those boards.

Also like Nojaun said its like second nature.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

For sure, it is very simple! I'd post a guide for it myself, but you know it's risky for those unfamiliar, so I'm sure GBT wouldn't be to happy to see me post a guide on how to edit their BIOSes :)

Any of you guys can though, and then just add link in your signature if you want, then tell users who ask to check your sig! If you do, just be sure you add plenty of warnings about bricks and warranties!

And be sure you note that some BIOSes you need to use different versions,!

Like you, I don't feel comfortable giving people a link to a Guide because they usually just get confused.
    Anyone that really has the aptitude afor doing BIOS Mods can easily find the info needed at a few different sites.
    I have tested a few P55, P67 and Z68 Boards and have done many other type Mods on AMI and Award BIOSes so I'm fairly confident in modding these for users that ask.
    I also mod BIOSes on 2 other Forums and have had Many users test my mods.
    I always do my Best to ensure a BIOS Mod I supply is as Safe as Possible and if I don't feel it is safe I won't Mod it.

And as you said this is ALWAYS done at the users own risk.
    A Bad Flash is ALWAYS a Risk even when using an Official Unmodified BIOS.

PS
    I just Updated my Signature to ensure Users don think I am affiliated with Gigabyte.
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-13-2012 at 05:53 AM.

Hi guys :)

Who knows when the release date of the new BIOS ? GA-X58A-UD5 (2.0)

Sorry about the wait JulianNL!!

OK, here is a video of fan control working just fine in GA-P67A-UD7. I included the video in two formats (WMV & AVI x264vfw/H.264/MPEG4) just in case one doesn't work for you.

[...]

Videos
    Fan.Control.Testing-P67A-UD7.rar
    Wow, that's great to see! So it is possible! Thank you very much. I'm sure this tip on how to control the system fans will be usefull, because I've seen other people asking about the same issue. One question tho, are both the fans you are using 4-pin PWM-controlled fans?

Unfotrunately I cannot replicate your results, as I have another mobo now. Did a succesful 5007 Mhz LynX run with that today =D

Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    Like you, I don't feel comfortable giving people a link to a Guide because they usually just get confused.
    Anyone that really has the aptitude afor doing BIOS Mods can easily find the info needed at a few different sites.
    I have tested a few P55, P67 and Z68 Boards and have done many other type Mods on AMI and Award BIOSes so I'm fairly confident in modding these for users that ask.
    I also mod BIOSes on 2 other Forums and have had Many users test my mods.
    I always do my Best to ensure a BIOS Mod I supply is as Safe as Possible and if I don't feel it is safe I won't Mod it.

And as you said this is ALWAYS done at the users own risk.
    A Bad Flash is ALWAYS a Risk even when using an Official Unmodified BIOS.

PS
    I just Updated my Signature to ensure Users don think I am affiliated with Gigabyte.
    I guess some users just may not be aware of what to google? Google - Award RAID or PCI ROM Update Cbrom << That will get you to many guides, of course you also need to find the correct versions of Cbrom per what board/BIOS you are editing, some work with any BIOS, some do not, and some BIOSes only work with a single version of Cbrom.

I'm not going to write out a guide, but I will drop some hints in this thread once more So, hint hint, you also need several versions of Cbrom. Once the mod is done, re-open the file in a few versions of Cbrom and or @BIOS or Face Wizard, to ensure it all looks normally and opens fine (Until you are comfortable with your editing after a few mods). For anyone wondering, I mainly use Cbrom115 (P45/X58) and Cbrom195, but from time to time Cbrom219 (Used to work for many BIOSes, but now only on older BIOS versions) and Cbrom198 (P67 ^) also comes in handy

You need Vmware or other virtual machine setup too, or using 32 bit OS, so you can use Cbrom. See also >> Super Hint Hint :)

I know how you feel about passing out a modified BIOS!! I've done it so much I usually don't bat an eye anymore, but if it's a new board I haven't done yet I'll usually go ahead and (Cross) flash that BIOS into a board for testing just to be sure. I even mod Dell BIOSes now for users, on other forums. Now that was a scary mod first time around! No way to test, and I had to unpack it from their installer, edit with off the wall tools, and then repack into their installer. I can do just about any board or BIOS now, soon I hope to get a grip on hex editing and checksums, but for now I try to keep it as easy as I can!

Thanks for adding the signature, just in case someone ever tries to hold something against you or Gigabyte that's good to have shown up front. And of course, you are correct, even flashing an official BIOS untouched can brick a board. Recovery from a bricked board is usually pretty easy and can be done several ways, but it often isn't a simple task for the faint of heart, or those that give up easy

Quote Originally Posted by julianNL View Post
    Wow, that's great to see! So it is possible! Thank you very much. I'm sure this tip on how to control the system fans will be usefull, because I've seen other people asking about the same issue. One question tho, are both the fans you are using 4-pin PWM-controlled fans?

Unfotrunately I cannot replicate your results, as I have another mobo now. Did a succesful 5007 Mhz LynX run with that today =D
    Anytime, I'm always happy to help (when I can that is)! Please feel free to pass the info along to anyone having speedfan issues, or if you have any questions about it ask anytime!

So you sold your board, or already sent in for RMA?

No, the above tests were done with 2 x 3-pin fans, as follows:
    1 x 120x25 (3pin) Alienware/Lian Li Model LI121225BL-4
    1 x 120x25 (3pin) Thermaltake Thunderblade TT-1225

However, after seeing your question I did some further testing, including a 4 Pin fan test using the following fan:
    1 x 100x100x12 (4pin) Scythe Model SY1012SL12H(PWM) - This is a slim profile fan from a Scyth Shuriken Rev. B Model SCSK-1100 CPU cooler

I tested using that fan, and one of the above again, with the BIOS fan control set to Disabled, PWM, and Voltage, and it all works perfectly no matter what you set in the BIOS or what fan you are using (3 or 4 pin), as long as you set the ISA Controller PWM mode to software controlled as shown in the image above. This setting by default changes, depending on what the BIOS is set to, it can be On/Off, Smart Guardian, or Software controlled, and you need to change it to software control to manually adjust it. If you want speedfan to adjust it on the fly you have to adjust a few other settings within the app, but for that you can use software controlled or smart guardian.

So yes, 4 pin works just the same as 3 pin fans, you just have to setup speedfan how you want (Or set BIOS PWM Control to whatever slope % you want to use and it will control the fans based on temps).

Quote Originally Posted by NуроFеn View Post
    Hi guys :)

Who knows when the release date of the new BIOS ? GA-X58A-UD5 (2.0)
    Maybe Stasio knows?
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-28-2012 at 01:27 PM.

Thread Information