Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 557 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 574575075475555565575585595676076571057 ... LastLast
Results 5,561 to 5,570 of 10869

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #5561
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hi there,

    can somebody include the newest Intel RAID ROM (11.5?), JMicron and Realtek LAN ROM into this BIOS?

    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P F2i from here (45TUSB3P_SLIC.F2I):

    GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_45tusb3p_GIGA_SLIC-SLP_SSV3.rar

    Hey Acebmxer, I've successfully used your modded version of BIOS F2 final. Thank you very much for that! I'd like to use F2i now because it has much better RAM combatiblity than F2. Stable DDR3-1600 and more is possible with this version. With F2 final there was no chance to get higher than 1333MHz even with 2200Mhz+ RAMs at CL9 or CL10. Btw, the "Dolby Home Theater" bug fix is also included in F2i : )

    Thx so much

  2. #5562
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by berno444 View Post
    Hi there,

    can somebody include the newest Intel RAID ROM (11.5?), JMicron and Realtek LAN ROM into this BIOS?

    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P F2i from here (45TUSB3P_SLIC.F2I):

    GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_45tusb3p_GIGA_SLIC-SLP_SSV3.rar

    Hey Acebmxer, I've successfully used your modded version of BIOS F2 final. Thank you very much for that! I'd like to use F2i now because it has much better RAM combatiblity than F2. Stable DDR3-1600 and more is possible with this version. With F2 final there was no chance to get higher than 1333MHz even with 2200Mhz+ RAMs at CL9 or CL10. Btw, the "Dolby Home Theater" bug fix is also included in F2i : )

    Thx so much
    Sure I can do that for you, I just can not do it right now. I should be able to do it for you later tonight unless someone else can do it for you sooner.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  3. #5563
    NoJuan999 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by berno444 View Post
    Hi there,

    can somebody include the newest Intel RAID ROM (11.5?), JMicron and Realtek LAN ROM into this BIOS?

    Gigabyte GA-EP45T-USB3P F2i from here (45TUSB3P_SLIC.F2I):

    GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_45tusb3p_GIGA_SLIC-SLP_SSV3.rar

    Hey Acebmxer, I've successfully used your modded version of BIOS F2 final. Thank you very much for that! I'd like to use F2i now because it has much better RAM combatiblity than F2. Stable DDR3-1600 and more is possible with this version. With F2 final there was no chance to get higher than 1333MHz even with 2200Mhz+ RAMs at CL9 or CL10. Btw, the "Dolby Home Theater" bug fix is also included in F2i : )

    Thx so much
    Intel RAID ROM - 10.1.0.1008 (The Newest I believe is Likely to work in this BIOS)
    JMicron OROM - 1.07.28
    Realtek PXE - 2.45

    Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_OROM_MOD.rar
    Download Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_OROM_MOD.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-19-2012 at 05:38 AM.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

  4. #5564
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Thanks NoJuan999. I'll test it on monday and post the results here. I think Intel RAID ROM 11.5 is also possible with GA-EP45-USB3P... at least it worked well with a RAID 0 and RAID 1 in BIOS F2 final. Didn't try TRIM-trough-RAID feature yet but it should be present in 11.5 i guess. Do you know if the F2i BIOS already has "Intel AHCI 1.20e.0027_03232010"? Or what the advantage of this AHCI ROM is? And is the Marvell OROM necessary (the board has a JMicron IDE controller)? cheers
    Last edited by berno444; 02-19-2012 at 04:19 AM.

  5. #5565
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    51

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I believe that's already applied across the lineup, I see it in all the BIOSes I've looked at lately I think, what board do you have? Maybe I'm thinking X58A though now that I say that... Sorry :(

    Stasio, can you confirm what's going on with this for us, thanks!



    Thanks, looks like you got it now! I just asked because I intend to try and directly request a single BIOS for you in particular with the old LLC back so you can test and report back to them. Since you are on P67, which older BIOSes LLC did you like most and I'll see if they can use that LLC coding/tuning for the new BIOS for you. No promises of course, but I will ask
    The F3g was the last bios that 1) had the old LLC2, and 2) still allowed LLC to be used with dvid. Ever since then, DVID without LLC gives just horrible vdroop, and you have to set the idle (light load) vcore extremely high to get enough vcore at full load (like 1.55v idle to 1.45v load). It's just unusuable.

    old LLC1 worked great with DVID... ->5 ghz, 1.381v SVID+LLC1= +0.115 DVID=1.465v light load, 1.445v heavy load, or LLC2 manual non dvid: 1.430v Bios=1.440v idle, 1.452v light load, 1.464v max load.

    Updated Bios to allow sleep with PLL overvoltage, RESET Button without boot loops, Ivy Brige compatiblity, etc etc...

    Me, Stasio and others looked at the Bios with an award bios editor that at least allowed us to see the fields...All GB has to do is simply "Disable" the multi step LLC, and "Enable" the LLC1 and LLC2. The Bios says multi step is active and "old LLC's" is deactivated.

    It would probably take them 10 minutes to do it, then another 15 minutes to run through Prime, IBT and single thread game test to make sure its working...really not hard at all...
    Last edited by Falkentyne; 02-19-2012 at 04:28 AM.
    2600k
    Gigabyte P67 UD5 B3
    AMD hd 7970
    4x4 GB Gskill 1600 XL's

  6. #5566
    Acebmxer's Avatar
    Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Location
    New Jersey, United States
    Posts
    2,817

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by NoJuan999 View Post
    Intel RAID ROM - 10.1.0.1008 (The Newest I believe is Likely to work in this BIOS)
    Marvell OROM - 1.07.28
    Realtek PXE - 2.45

    Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_OROM_MOD.rar
    Download Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_OROM_MOD.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Quote Originally Posted by berno444 View Post
    Thanks NoJuan999. I'll test it on monday and post the results here. I think Intel RAID ROM 11.5 is also possible with GA-EP45-USB3P... at least it worked well with a RAID 0 and RAID 1 in BIOS F2 final. Didn't try TRIM-trough-RAID feature yet but it should be present in 11.5 i guess. Do you know if the F2i BIOS already has "Intel AHCI 1.20e.0027_03232010"? Or what the advantage of this AHCI ROM is? And is the Marvell OROM necessary (the board has a JMicron IDE controller)? cheers
    Thank you NoJuan

    @Berno is that bios ok for you? If not let me know and Ill do the mod my self.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator





  7. #5567
    NoJuan999 is offline Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Ireland
    Posts
    214

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by berno444 View Post
    Thanks NoJuan999. I'll test it on monday and post the results here. I think Intel RAID ROM 11.5 is also possible with GA-EP45-USB3P... at least it worked well with a RAID 0 and RAID 1 in BIOS F2 final. Didn't try TRIM-trough-RAID feature yet but it should be present in 11.5 i guess. Do you know if the F2i BIOS already has "Intel AHCI 1.20e.0027_03232010"? Or what the advantage of this AHCI ROM is? And is the Marvell OROM necessary (the board has a JMicron IDE controller)? cheers
    Sorry that 1.07.28 OROM is a JMicron NOT Marvel (Just a typo on my part).
    Below I added 11.5.0.111 Intel and Newest AHCI OROM.

    Intel RAID ROM - 11.5.0.1111
    Intel AHCI - 1.20E (0027 - 03/23/2010)
    JMicron OROM - 1.07.28
    Realtek PXE - 2.45

    Flash from DOS with Included Flash Utility.

    Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_IR11.5_MOD.rar
    Download Gigabyte_GA-EP45T-USB3P_F2i_Gigabyte_SLIC_2.1_IR11.5_MOD.rar from Sendspace.com - send big files the easy way
    Last edited by NoJuan999; 02-19-2012 at 05:39 AM.
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

  8. #5568
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    12

    Thumbs up Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Thanks NoJuan999 & Acebmxer! In 1 - 2 days i can test the BIOSes, 'll keep you informed about the results...

  9. #5569
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,692

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I believe that's already applied across the lineup, I see it in all the BIOSes I've looked at lately I think, what board do you have? Maybe I'm thinking X58A though now that I say that... Sorry :(

    Stasio, can you confirm what's going on with this for us, thanks!
    Yes,he is right.
    EX58 series BIOS are not updated with 3TB+ HDD support yet.
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  10. #5570
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post
    The F3g was the last bios that 1) had the old LLC2, and 2) still allowed LLC to be used with dvid. Ever since then, DVID without LLC gives just horrible vdroop, and you have to set the idle (light load) vcore extremely high to get enough vcore at full load (like 1.55v idle to 1.45v load). It's just unusuable.

    old LLC1 worked great with DVID... ->5 ghz, 1.381v SVID+LLC1= +0.115 DVID=1.465v light load, 1.445v heavy load, or LLC2 manual non dvid: 1.430v Bios=1.440v idle, 1.452v light load, 1.464v max load.

    Updated Bios to allow sleep with PLL overvoltage, RESET Button without boot loops, Ivy Brige compatiblity, etc etc...

    Me, Stasio and others looked at the Bios with an award bios editor that at least allowed us to see the fields...All GB has to do is simply "Disable" the multi step LLC, and "Enable" the LLC1 and LLC2. The Bios says multi step is active and "old LLC's" is deactivated.

    It would probably take them 10 minutes to do it, then another 15 minutes to run through Prime, IBT and single thread game test to make sure its working...really not hard at all...
    Now you add in more mess? Haha, J/K You didn't mention DVID being part of the issue before, so I never mentioned it to them. Did you try current 10 level LLC (Like 5-7) without DVID? I use it (Without DVID) and don't have any problems, so that's why I ask

    I did request an update from them on their previously mentioned testing, and I also specifically asked for a custom beta BIOS for you by name (And board) too! Hopefully they either say they are working on fixing the current LLC, or send me a beta BIOS to give to you for testing. I'll keep you posted!

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Yes,he is right.
    EX58 series BIOS are not updated with 3TB+ HDD support yet.
    Thanks for clarification, I wasn't sure! Then Xeon5500 may need to directly inquire about this, and when you do be sure to send that link you provided earlier.
    GIGABYTE - Support & Downloads - Technical Support

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 147 users browsing this thread. (3 members and 144 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. hammed41,
  3. Jon7

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •