Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 562 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 624625125525605615625635645726126621062 ... LastLast
Results 5,611 to 5,620 of 10874

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    @bios is still suggested not to use only because your in windows doing the flashing. @bios has gotten alot better over the years. Yes their are 2 versions of @bios but only 1 is ment for your board http://download.gigabyte.us/FileList...gbt_atbios.exe The other version is listed as @bios (x79) as that one is for the x79 chipset.

When flashing with @bios make sure to load optimized defaults and only set what is needed to get into windows. Load @bios and check the box to clear dmi pool data. After flash renter bios and load optimized defaults.

As for flashspi there should only be on version and that should come with the bios file its self if not use this version FLASHSPI.zip. You have to boot from a bootable usb flash drive formatted in fat32 to dos and flash with flashspi. I never have done it this way.

@bios or flashspi is only needed to flash once to the larger bios file once there you can continue you to use q-flash. If you want to drop back down to a bios with a smaller size you would need to use @bios or flashspi again.

F9d is the latest version for your board so yes use that version.
    I'm hesitant to use @BIOS [even if they have 'improroved' it]. I see, however 3 [!] different [apparently] SPIFLASH of FLASHSPI on the internet - one of 5.2 KB [zipped -24.7 KB dated 2008 unzipped]; one of 5.7 KB [zipped - 25.7KB dated 2008 unzipped] and one of 28.3KB [zipped and labeled 1.22 - 52.9KB unzipped, dated 2009 ]. Anyone know which is best or the ONLY one to use?! I'd assume the newest and largest one...but would like to hear a shout before I turn my expensive and much needed MB into a useless object. Thanks.
    Last edited by crazybear; 02-25-2012 at 03:42 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

Quote Originally Posted by Acebmxer View Post
    Ohh ok sorry I did not see that you posted it.

Hmm that might explain the issues I am having with it. I was trying it in my x58a-oc and it looks like its not working. I have not tried in the x58a-ud5.

Any other modders have a x58 they wanna try the new ahci rom in?

PM me if you want the details of what I tried.
    Tried it with X58A-UD3R, the new AHCI rom failed to load at boot. Too bad, I was really looking forward to updating the AHCI rom.
    Last edited by cristi18r; 02-26-2012 at 08:54 PM.
    Case: Antec Three Hundred Two
    MB: GA-X58A-UD3R (rev. 1.0) F8B (Realtek LAN ROM v2.56, Intel(R) RAID ROM v12.7.0.1936, JMicron 1.07.28, Marvell 88SE9128 Bios v1.0.0.1033/FW 2.2.0.1125)

PC: Intel Core i7-920 D0 | 6GB DDR3 Corsair Dominator @1600 (8-8-8-24) | Samsung 830 256GB SSD + 2x1TB HDD's | NVIDIA GTX 660 | Samsung T260 26"
    | Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8.4 | Ubuntu 13.04
    Gigabyte apparently stopped releasing BIOS updates for X58 series

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    I'm hesitant to use @BIOS [even if they have 'improroved' it]. I see, however 3 [!] different [apparently] SPIFLASH of FLASHSPI on the internet - one of 5.2 KB [zipped -24.7 KB dated 2008 unzipped]; one of 5.7 KB [zipped - 25.7KB dated 2008 unzipped] and one of 28.3KB [zipped and labeled 1.22 - 52.9KB unzipped, dated 2009 ]. Anyone know which is best or the ONLY one to use?! I'd assume the newest and largest one...but would like to hear a shout before I turn my expensive and much needed MB into a useless object. Thanks.
    You want FlashSPI, and the latest version can be downloaded directly with the latest official version of your BIOS from your motherboard download page here (Rev. 1/2 doesn't matter, you just want to grab the latest zip and extract the FlashSPI)
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0)

And you may need to use the /X or /Z switch in your flash command, and the switches are cap sensitive and I haven't used it in a while so I can't remember if it needs to be caps or not, so if it fails with caps try without.

Examples
    FlashSPI BIOS.File.Name.Fxx /X
    FlashSPI BIOS.File.Name.Fxx /Z

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    I have bought two Z68XP-UD3P.
    The first had boot loop problem. Never had access on BIOS screen. RMA requested.
    The second had boot loop problem but in some way with success I access to BIOS screen to flash from F2 to F7e.
    Boot Loop seems solved but sometimes the POST remains stopped to CPU type and Memory Testing not appears.
    I push reset...system reboot and all is OK. the system works perfectly under Windows with all types of tasks without problems.
    Why the system sometimes stops before Memory Testing? I have 16GB of Corsair Vengeance LP (4x4GB).
    All the BIOS settings are to default.
    You may need to raise tRC value, check what auto sets with AIDA64 from the link below (In Motherboard, Chipset SB or IMC), then set a higher value manually
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

GA-P55A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

Can someone mod this bios for me with the : Intel® AHCI ROM 1.20E (23.03.2010) / Intel® RAID ROM 11.5.0.1111 / JMicron ROM v.1.07.28 / Realtek LAN ROM 2.45

Bios link :
    http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...a-ud3r_f13.exe

Thank you

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    You may need to raise tRC value, check what auto sets with AIDA64 from the link below (In Motherboard, Chipset SB or IMC), then set a higher value manually
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html
    Now the system is in XMP and Memory Performance is set to STANDARD not TURBO. tRC seems set on 41 @800MHz.
    Why I must set a higher value? What is possible correct value to boot without occasional freeze?
    After one reboot with RESET, the system works perfectly under Windows without any problems also if in BIOS boot phase is very slow to appear the Memory Testing Text and go on.

Attachment 4385
    Last edited by Animatrix79; 02-26-2012 at 01:17 AM.

You want FlashSPI, and the latest version can be downloaded directly with the latest official version of your BIOS from your motherboard download page here (Rev. 1/2 doesn't matter, you just want to grab the latest zip and extract the FlashSPI)
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1366 - GA-X58A-UD7 (rev. 2.0)

And you may need to use the /X or /Z switch in your flash command, and the switches are cap sensitive and I haven't used it in a while so I can't remember if it needs to be caps or not, so if it fails with caps try without.

Examples
    FlashSPI BIOS.File.Name.Fxx /X
    FlashSPI BIOS.File.Name.Fxx /Z
    First, while I noted you pointed me toward ver. 2, I have ver. 1....careful! Second, the GB website doesn't have [that I could see] any spiflash downloads. On your website there are two SPIFLASH and SPIFLASH 1.22 [twice the size and ? apparently newer] There was also someone one your site one called FLASHSPI that was much bigger - BUT NONE anywhere that I've seen have a BIOS inside or attached. What to do? Where to go get such? Thanks.
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

I told you it doesn't matter about motherboard revision, since you are only extracting the file to get the latest FlashSPI and not using the actual BIOS, you can download any X58 boards BIOS and grab the FlashSPI file

The file is included in the exe (7zip) BIOS file downloads. SPIFlash is NOT what you want, you can forget about it as it's for something else other than what you are wanting to do. Download any of the latest BIOSes directly from Gigabyte's site for your board or any X58 board, then extract the files and grab the FlashSPI file and use it in DOS to flash with.

Here, this is what is inside the latest BIOS download I linked you to (F9d for Rev. 2.0 board), extract this or grab the latest Rev. 1.0 board BIOS if you are worried, grab FlashSPI and your ready to go with the BIOS you already have that you originally intended to flash with

Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-26-2012 at 03:05 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    Now the system is in XMP and Memory Performance is set to STANDARD not TURBO. tRC seems set on 41 @800MHz.
    Why I must set a higher value? What is possible correct value to boot without occasional freeze?
    After one reboot with RESET, the system works perfectly under Windows without any problems also if in BIOS boot phase is very slow to appear the Memory Testing Text and go on.
    You don't have to, I was just suggesting that as something you could try to see if it helps with your issue. Sometimes that helps with all channels filled or more than 8GB.

Memory testing may be slow due to a slight incompatibility, or incorrect settings, ect anything could cause that especially if it's not 100% tested stable. Are you on the latest BIOS, and did you flash the backup to match the main?

Also, you are not looking at the correct page in AIDA64 for the actual applied values, you need to look here in motherboard/chipset (This is not Z68 by the way, just using this as an example for you)

Also, it may not show up in there, I can't remember, you may just have to go by what you see in the BIOS and set higher and test and see if it helps or not, if not set back to auto. (Also check MIT current info, to see if value is shown there)

You don't have to, I was just suggesting that as something you could try to see if it helps with your issue. Sometimes that helps with all channels filled or more than 8GB.

Memory testing may be slow due to a slight incompatibility, or incorrect settings, ect anything could cause that especially if it's not 100% tested stable. Are you on the latest BIOS, and did you flash the backup to match the main?

Also, you are not looking at the correct page in AIDA64 for the actual applied values, you need to look here in motherboard/chipset (This is not Z68 by the way, just using this as an example for you)

Also, it may not show up in there, I can't remember, you may just have to go by what you see in the BIOS and set higher and test and see if it helps or not, if not set back to auto. (Also check MIT current info, to see if value is shown there)
    In BIOS settings, tRC is set to 41. What is the value that you suggest?
    I have already updated the Backup BIOS with same version of Main BIOS.

The RAM that I have is Corsair Vengeance 1600MHz LP.

Thread Information