Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 563 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 634635135535615625635645655736136631063 ... LastLast
Results 5,621 to 5,630 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Did you check to see if AIDA64 shows actual in use value first, or in MIT Info? If not, please check and see, because left side of the BIOS is never/rarely what's actually used.

You'll just have to test a few above that and see if any work for you, I don't know what to suggest as I've never used 16GB

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Did you check to see if AIDA64 shows actual in use value first, or in MIT Info? If not, please check and see, because left side of the BIOS is never/rarely what's actually used.

You'll just have to test a few above that and see if any work for you, I don't know what to suggest as I've never used 16GB
    Is this the correct screen to view for that value?

Attachment 4386

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    I told you it doesn't matter about motherboard revision, since you are only extracting the file to get the latest FlashSPI and not using the actual BIOS, you can download any X58 boards BIOS and grab the FlashSPI file

The file is included in the exe (7zip) BIOS file downloads. SPIFlash is NOT what you want, you can forget about it as it's for something else other than what you are wanting to do. Download any of the latest BIOSes directly from Gigabyte's site for your board or any X58 board, then extract the files and grab the FlashSPI file and use it in DOS to flash with.

Here, this is what is inside the latest BIOS download I linked you to (F9d for Rev. 2.0 board), extract this or grab the latest Rev. 1.0 board BIOS if you are worried, grab FlashSPI and your ready to go with the BIOS you already have that you originally intended to flash with

I see NO other file in any BIOS [on your site's list nor on GA's which are older and not the large ones]. Only thing in them is the BIOS file .F9D 2,048KB Am I missing something?! I don't even see any 7zip BIOS files.

Even if/when I have the SPIFLASH file [it is an .exe] what do I do, in what order?

If I use the @BIOS out of desperation, do I boot into safe mode, run the new @BIOS and then let it see where the new BIOS file is? Thanks again. Whew....
    Last edited by crazybear; 02-26-2012 at 04:41 AM.
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

You don't run or use @Bios. @bios has been responsible for its share of bricked boards.

Just get the binary file for the bios you want, get the FlashSPI.exe file, and then make a MS DOS bootable drive/flash USB disk (you can use the HP format storage tool, and windows 98 bootup files) and then flashspi (biosname.extension) /Z
    it's 100%, completely, fully safe this way. I use the 35k sized flashspi on my P67 board, and you should have no problems with it.

And you don't want to use "spiflash." It's for crossflashing and normal end users are not supposed to have that file.
    Gigabyte P67 UD5 B3
    AMD hd 7970
    4x4 GB Gskill 1600 XL's

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    Is this the correct screen to view for that value?

Attachment 4386
    Yes, looks like it's not shown either. You'll just have to manually try a few and see if they help or not. Maybe set really high at first and then if it helps you'll know this helps, so you can then try to lower until it starts acting up again, then raise back up one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    I see NO other file in any BIOS [on your site's list nor on GA's which are older and not the large ones]. Only thing in them is the BIOS file .F9D 2,048KB Am I missing something?! I don't even see any 7zip BIOS files.

Even if/when I have the SPIFLASH file [it is an .exe] what do I do, in what order?

If I use the @BIOS out of desperation, do I boot into safe mode, run the new @BIOS and then let it see where the new BIOS file is? Thanks again. Whew....
    I said download BIOS directly from GIGABYTE's site, which I linked you to previously. They ALL have three files inside - FlashSPI, autoexec.bat, and the actual BIOS file. The image I took above is from a BIOS I JUST downloaded from the link I gave to you earlier (F9d for X58A-UD7 Rev. 2.0). Download the exe file from Gigabyte's site, and extract the files and you will have the FlashSPI you need, it's that easy!

7zip will look like an exe file to you unless you have 7zip installed or winrar. Run the exe, it's a self extracting 7zip file, choose extract (Install) to desktop and you'll see the files extracted.

How to use FlashSPI is shown in my BIOS flashing guide, you'll need to make a bootable USB stick then boot to DOS and run the commands I mentioned earlier.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

If you do get lazy and end up using @BIOS (J/K man! ), you can get the latest version here (Don't get the (X79) version and be sure to check the "Clear DMI Pool" box before you flash (Use update BIOS from File and browse to the file you wanted to flash)
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ity-tools.html

Safe mode is not needed. Use the Update from File button and browese to the BIOS file you already downloaded that you tried to flash earlier via Qflash, the .Fxx file.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 02-26-2012 at 05:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Falkentyne View Post

And you don't want to use "spiflash." It's for crossflashing and normal end users are not supposed to have that file.
    No worries on that SPIFlash Falkentyne, the ones publicly leaked do not work for X58 or P67+ anyway. Well I know it doesn't for P67+ for sure, can't remember about X58A or not.

I have too many versions, so I always looks track which work for what boards

Never mind.....would still like to know about SPIFLASH, but successfully an nervously used @BIOS - that's over with!
    Gigabyte GA-X58A-UD7 v.1 [F9d Bios] with i7-990X
    Lian Li PC-B-25F Case
    Be Quiet BQT P7-Pro 750W
    Sapphire HD 5770 Vapor-X 1GB DDR5
    Corsair XMS-3 24GB 2000 CL 9-9-9-24
    Noctua NH D-14
    6 TB SATA II storage; 12 TB SATA III AF
    3 24" LCD screens w/Eyefinity, 9 Multi-Desktops

I don't think the new ACHI works with the P67-UD4-B3 :(

NoJuan999 is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by bloodmaster View Post
    GA-P55A-UD3R (rev. 1.0)

Can someone mod this bios for me with the : Intel® AHCI ROM 1.20E (23.03.2010) / Intel® RAID ROM 11.5.0.1111 / JMicron ROM v.1.07.28 / Realtek LAN ROM 2.45

Bios link :
    http://download.gigabyte.eu/FileList...a-ud3r_f13.exe

Thank you
    I did NOT Update the AHCI OROM because it rarely works properly and is a hassle to get placed in the BIOS in the proper position.
    If you want to play with it download the ORom from the link in this thread and use CBROM to play with your BIOS.
    There are plenty of CBRom Guides to be found.

Intel RAID ROM Updated to 11.5.0.1111
    RealTek PXE Updated to 2.45
    JMicron RAID ROM Updated to 1.07.28
    http://dl.dropbox.com/u/55030067/Gig...JM28_RT245.rar
    I am in NO way affiliated with Gigabyte.
    If you use a BIOS I Modified, you do so at your own Risk and Assume Full Responsibilty !

Quote Originally Posted by crazybear View Post
    Never mind.....would still like to know about SPIFLASH, but successfully an nervously used @BIOS - that's over with!
    Great to hear you successfully updated your BIOS! Here is some info on SPIFlash for you.

It is an internal BIOS updating tool, one that the general public should not have. There was an older version leaked, possibly two, that will only work for certain older chipsets.

It updates both BIOSes at once and can kill your board due to that function, therefore it's not something you should worry about as you really shouldn't be trying to use it. It's used for bad flash recovery, testing BIOSes across models, so it can have it uses but I'd advise you steer clear of it unless you have a specific purpose to be using it, and if you ever did you'd need an updated version per whatever chipset you are using. The latest version that was leaked to the public only works for EX58 and older, it will not work for X58A or newer chipsets

Thread Information