Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 568 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 684685185585665675685695705786186681068 ... LastLast
Results 5,671 to 5,680 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Update with new BIOS:

GA-EX58-UD3R (1.x) - FK

- Improve system compatibility
    - 29.Feb 12
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to change the raid orom in this bios? You can change it with cbrom, but whenever you enable raid in bios it reports version 10.x instead of the 11.x version I put on

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

It shouldn't be a problem at all! Maybe you are using the wrong Cbrom version?

Try 115 or 198 instead of what you are using now

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Sounds like it is the scanner then!

What you can do is go into the Integrated Peripherals section of the BIOS and disable Legacy USB Storage, this will disable the scanning of USB devices on startup, but they will work fine in windows, this may solve the issue.
    The post problem slow on boot seems solved after changing that value on BIOS. Now is normal. But why before the post was so slow on memory test?

I have also a bad news on Z68XP-UD3P with F7 BIOS.
    Yesterday for two times I had need to push reset button on Windows because an installation program was failed. The pression of reset button has been very very fast.
    The motherboard again enters in boot loop until on the screen appears again a message of overclock parameters failed and I haven't any overclock on my system...
    After reboot the bios setup is cancelled and all parameters are on default settings.
    Until you no need to push reset button...all is regular. If I need to use reset button for some reason...the problem of boot loop and error message of overclock occurs again occasionally. :((

F7 Bios Description unfortunately says "IMPROVE" Power on issue not "SOLVE" Power on issue! :((
    Last edited by Animatrix79; 03-04-2012 at 04:52 PM.

Nice to hear the booting issues are solved for you now on the system with that scanner! The memory test was probably slowed down by the board trying to scan that scanner, so while that stalled and slowed everything down it was also slowing the memory test. It's all fast and working smoother now though right?

Yes, please avoid the reset button. You don't ever need to use it, I don't even have one connected on any boards, I only use the power button or in in windows reset/shutdown. Do you have both BIOSes matching on that board, just checking?

To avoid these issues, please disconnect your reset wire, then you'll be good to go and even if tempted to use it you wont be able to!

Power on issue doesn't have anything to do with reset button, they did try to fix that in the past and mentioned it in their change logs as reset issue, so they only meant power up and boot loop issues at startup (Not dealing with reset, although they do say that's fixed, but you know how that goes)

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    It's all fast and working smoother now though right?
    Yes...it seems

Why the system enters in BIOS only with a PS/2 Keyboard? With USB Keyboard I press DEL to enter into BIOS but doesnėt work.

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    Why the system enters in BIOS only with a PS/2 Keyboard? With USB Keyboard I press DEL to enter into BIOS but doesnėt work.
    Make sure USB keyboard support is enabled in bios.

Some usb keyboards are just not compatible. Try another usb keyboard. If others work you could email Gigabyte your make and model of your keyboard along with motherboard and bios info and see if they can add support.

The last thing is you can try and use a ps/2 adapter and that should work.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

Quote Originally Posted by Homeless View Post
    Is it just me, or is it impossible to change the raid orom in this bios? You can change it with cbrom, but whenever you enable raid in bios it reports version 10.x instead of the 11.x version I put on
    So, did you get it yet? Or was your question a roundabout way of asking for someone to mod a BIOS for you?

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    Are you pressing the Del key many times quickly while you start the machine? Sometimes the BIOS goes by so fast you might miss it.

Also, you will have best luck if your USB keyboard is connected to the USB ports towards the top end of the I/O, or at the top on some models.

As mentioned above, you need to have USB support enabled, this is not the same as the Legacy USB setting - you can still have that disabled and it shouldn't give you any hassles with getting into the BIOS.

What keyboard are you using anyway? And as Ace mentioned, you may need to send in a report so they can test and try to add compatibility.

The Keyboard is an HP Elite Wireless Keyboard.
    The USB support is enabled.

Wireless is the main issue, many wireless keyboards are slow to input, so they miss the window for hitting the Del key.

You can try to ask them directly to test and confirm, then see if they can make the BIOSes for your board more compatible with that KB, that's all you can do really.

If you do send them a report and request, please be sure you include the full and exact model of the keyboard, which should be more than just what you mentioned above.

Thread Information