Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 582 of 1088 FirstFirst ... 824825325725805815825835845926326821082 ... LastLast
Results 5,811 to 5,820 of 10874

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

I want to tell that I found another issue with Z68XP-UD3P motherboard (and others based on Z68 chipset and Gigabyte) and BIOS with SSDs.
    I have bought a Corsair Force 3 120GB and write values on ATTO Disk were half.
    On a Corsair Support they told me to disable on Gigabyte motherboard the C3/C6 function for the CPU because only Gigabyte have issue with their BIOS with this function and the SSD write speed.
    Only F5 Bios version permits to leave C3/C6 function on AUTO without consequences on SSD performance. On other version of BIOS up to F7 version, the C3/C6 function must to be set on DISABLE.
    Why this?

Quote Originally Posted by Animatrix79 View Post
    I want to tell that I found another issue with Z68XP-UD3P motherboard (and others based on Z68 chipset and Gigabyte) and BIOS with SSDs.
    I have bought a Corsair Force 3 120GB and write values on ATTO Disk were half.
    On a Corsair Support they told me to disable on Gigabyte motherboard the C3/C6 function for the CPU because only Gigabyte have issue with their BIOS with this function and the SSD write speed.
    Only F5 Bios version permits to leave C3/C6 function on AUTO without consequences on SSD performance. On other version of BIOS up to F7 version, the C3/C6 function must to be set on DISABLE.
    Why this?
    See here, one page back, for the fix!
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post421499

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Yea,
    GB must updated all BIOS's regarding this SSD bug.
    Z370 AORUS Gaming 7,
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Yes, I just posted my bugged results on the thread linked above! Report already sent in too!

Also, for anyone subscribed to this thread
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...nt-2-help.html

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    See here, one page back, for the fix!
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post421499
    But I have Z68XP-UD3P not Z68X-UD3P
    I have the F7 Bios version now with the issue for SSDs.
    There are not other Bios for this motherboard...not even beta Bios.
    Last edited by Animatrix79; 03-27-2012 at 06:36 PM.

Ohh, sorry I misread your model!

You'll have to wait for an updated fix then, I'm sure they'll be applying the fix across the board soon as it seems many or all models may be affected!

Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Not sure about beta's, Stasio will have to comment on that one, but some recent finals are available on the main site

Rev. 2.0/2.1 FD
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68P-DS3 (rev. 2.1)

Rev. 1.0 F8
    GIGABYTE - Motherboard - Socket 1155 - GA-Z68P-DS3 (rev. 1.0)
    Thank you.

The board is on it's way now and I have it's serial number, is there any way to say what revision the board is based on it's serial number?

Was going to see if someone can help me mod the latest BIOS with latest AHCI and RealTek ROM's so I'm prepared when the board and the rest of the stuff arrives. :)

Sorry LSD...I am dumb anymore. I thought she/he had posted the modified AHCI bios. I r dum.

I still am fishing for that P67-UD4-B3 with an updated AHCI rom.... I saw the whole decompiling method and remembered I hated assembly :-D

Quote Originally Posted by NiklasA View Post
    Thank you.

The board is on it's way now and I have it's serial number, is there any way to say what revision the board is based on it's serial number?

Was going to see if someone can help me mod the latest BIOS with latest AHCI and RealTek ROM's so I'm prepared when the board and the rest of the stuff arrives. :)
    No, there's no way us mortals can tell board revision by serial number, you'll just have to wait and see. But if you ordered new I'm sure you'll be getting the latest version

Quote Originally Posted by johnathonm View Post
    Sorry LSD...I am dumb anymore. I thought she/he had posted the modified AHCI bios. I r dum.

I still am fishing for that P67-UD4-B3 with an updated AHCI rom.... I saw the whole decompiling method and remembered I hated assembly :-D
    Ahh ok, no worries, I thought you were joking around anyway, so I was in return. manusfreedom posted the original mod, I don't think he modified the ROM, just inserted it into that BIOS and that happens to be the chipset it works on.

So, since it does work on P67-UD7, then it should work just fine for you on P67-UD4. It's a simple switch out with Cbrom, you already tried and it failed? If so, maybe it was due to the version of Cbrom you used? I can do the mod for you if you want, then you can test, or I can test if you want as I have a P67 UD4 and UD7 here (B2's, but I can flash B3 BIOS in either as well.)

No decompile or assembly needed to switch out an AHCI ROM

Thread Information