Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 59 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 9495758596061691091595591059 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

What i meant is I get error message,the system has experienced boot failures cause of the overclocking or change of voltages etc. then my system "downclock" to 2.56Ghz the ram also @1066 this happens always on "cold" system.I got no
    Experience with OC and this is rly frustrating to me,im new to this hardware stuff
    sorry if you cant understand me.
    Last edited by Psyside; 03-16-2009 at 04:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Psyside View Post
    What i meant is I get error message,the system has experienced boot failures cause of the overclocking or change of voltages etc. then my system "downclock" to 2.56Ghz the ram also @1066 this happens always on "cold" system.I got no
    Experience with OC and this is rly frustrating to me,im new to this hardware stuff
    That just sounds like the system recovered from a completely unstable OC :(
    I would load "Optimized defaults" in BIOS, and work your way up from there...

It has also happened that my BIOS got corrupt from failed OC's.
    You could try reflashing the same BIOS again ( using LSD's guide)

P.s You should probably start a new thread with your questions + specs
    Last edited by C3D76; 03-16-2009 at 04:10 PM.
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

Does the board might be faulty? or its normal bios issues?
    is there option to test the motherboard generally if
    thats the problem? thanks, your help is highly appreicated.
    Should i Rma the board ? dont know if that is possible cause its work
    stable when there is no overclock

Omg i just saw you get your corei7 @ 4.4ghz? Holy! ****

Quote Originally Posted by Psyside View Post
    I have this exact issue with the UDP4, if I try to run OCZ PLatinum 1600 at it's 7-7-7-24 rated timings. I started my own thread, but I haven't gotten a single bit of assistance. Why in the world would the board think I am oc'ing, when I am just trying to run them ram at it's rated speeds? If I change anything in the MIT section, this happens on a cold boot, plus it turns itself on and off many many times before it boots. I really hope they kick out a bios that resloves this, as they have qwith the UDP5 and Extreme boards!

Well no solution with mine X58 extreme also, so its not with UD4 only :(
    i hope they fix this soon or ill rma the board.The other possible solution
    is iguess to not OC in my case and w8 for fix.

According to intel specs, you are overclocking when you run your ram above 1066 speed, because you either need to OC the uncore or the bclk to get to that speed. So though you are using your ram at rated speed, either the uncore or bclk is overclocked to get there. If your OC is unstable, it will show up more often on cold boot, and kick out your settings for default....and default ram speed is 1066 (intel spec), regardless of your rated ram speed.

The double boot was an issue on earlier extreme boards, they will likely solve that on yours as well. If it is kicking your "OC" out, it was simply not stable, you need to change volts, etc and get it stable.
    3770K 4.7 - Windows 7 64 - GB UD5h - Dom 2133 - corsair 850 - Intel 520 SSD - 680 GTX - 26 inch Samsung LCD
    Lian Li G70 WC

I upped the dram volts to 1.64 and still had the same results. This is a very odd issue, as nothing like this happens when I run the same hardware on the Biostar X58 board. I put in some G-Skill 1600 and the UDP4 will run it at 1333 and all stock settings just fine, but still has the same issues if I try and run it at 1600, no matter what ram voltage I set it at. What other voltages should I be looking at tweaking to get it stable?

Hello guys.

The BIOS for F12b for GA-EP45-DS3R, although there's a new feature, backup bios at your hard drive, when overclocking, it's completely broken.

Note, i'm not using the @BIOS as this forum states that it's broken, i'm using the Q-Flash from Bios instead, and works flawlessy.
    At stock speeds, my Q6600 boots fine, but when in 3.2ghz, 400FSB x8, an easy OC, it won't let me boot Vista.
    And for the first time i have seen my motherboard recovering bios by itself, wonderful feature, if haven't i was RMA'ing my board and crying a lot.
    The previous BIOS, F11a, works fine, and there's some changes related to memory testing at bios witch is a lot faster than F10.

I'm just reporting my experience, hoping to see if everyone who updated had/have or don't have the same issues as me.

Quote Originally Posted by Shangri View Post
    So.. this is killing me...

Will flashing an EX58-UD3R-SLI bios work (and enable sli) on a vanilla EX58-UD3R?

I've combed the world for this answer but it seems im the only one asking... lol HELP!
    looks like this crazy guy did it!!!

"This is confirmed as working. I bit my tongue , shut my eyes and pressed the flash button on the SLI bios with, so far, good and stable results."

AnandTech - Sli possible on gigabyte x58-ud3r?
    Last edited by shane_p; 03-17-2009 at 12:33 AM.

as soon as I overclock my RAM on my Gigabyte X58 UD3R even by a slight amount (like 20mhz) from say 1600Mhz to 1620Mhz I boot into Windows and Task Manager only sees 4GIG!
    well CPU-Z shows all 6GIG, but Windows only sees and uses 4GIG!
    so then I back off on my ram overclock, and just tighten the timings a little 9-9-9-24 stock, tighten to 8-8-8-20 and same thing
    boot into Windows and only see 4GIG!
    again back off to stock ram settings 9-9-9-24 at 1600Mhz and I see 6GIG

Ram is 6GB (3x2GB) G.Skill 1600Mhz (9-9-9-24 stock timings, stock volts 1.5v - 1.6v)

now I have tried bumping my ram voltage up to 1.7v, and QPI PLL to 1.5v (as a test) and really doesn't change a thing. Still cannot get even a slight overclock out of my ram, or I will lose 2GIG in windows. It is the same way all the way up to 1700Mhz, same thing, only see 4GB in windows, so I then rebooted and ram Memtest (off of CD) for an hour and no errors at 1700Mhz.

so to summarize as soon as timings or ram speed is raised slightly beyond stock specs, I lose 2 GIG in Windows (Vista 64).
    All this testing was done trying to keep CPU (i7 920) at or near stock speed.
    My 24/7 overclock is 4.2Ghz (200Bclk, Turbo on, uncore 17x = 3400), and with that my ram is at 1600Mhz, so all is fine at that overclock (4.2), but as I want to get a better overclock out of CPU and ram, but continually lose 2GIG of ram as soon as I try to get ram just a little faster.

so anyone seen this on the Gigabyte X58's? and hopefully will a new BIOS update fix this?

(as well I get the Cld Start issue, when overclocked, BUT I find that if monitor power is off, the Cold Start Issue happens much, much less)

complete system specs:

i7 920 4.2 (200x21), 1.5v load
    CM V10 cooler (P95 loads 78c)
    Gigabyte X58 UD3R bios F4
    G.Skill 1600Mhz, 9-9-9-24 1.6v
    Antec 850watt PSU
    500GB Seagate HD
    9800 GX2
    24inch Samsung LCD
    Last edited by shane_p; 03-17-2009 at 01:06 AM.

Thread Information