Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 596 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 96496546586594595596597598606646696 ... LastLast
Results 5,951 to 5,960 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #5951
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    New BIOS updated:

    GA-Z77X-UD5H - F8a

    - 03.May 12
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  2. #5952
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

    Bit puzzled on this one. I installed my new UD5H last night along with my crossfired dual 6950s. When I attempted to fire up the machine I got 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. Looked up the code and it stated there was an issue with the graphics cards. So I pulled them both and plugged into the motherboard's dvi-d. The bios then came up this time. I upgraded the bios to F7 (same result with today's F8a) and booted into windows just fine. I then shutdown, put in the 6950s and restarted. Again I was unable to get the bios to come up. I've tried with a single HD6950 in both pcie x16 slots, still cannot get the machine to post. I've set the graphics to initialize the peg first without any luck as well. I even tried disabling the iGPU entirely. I also tried setting the pcie's rom to legacy instead of efi compatible. None of these ideas earned a different response. The board simply refuses to post with the ATI card plugged in.

    I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 910w Silencer, i5 3570k, Gigabyte Z77x-UD5h, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 2133 in slots 1 and 3. Any ideas are much appreciated!

  3. #5953
    pyronical's Avatar
    pyronical is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Auckland, New Zealand
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

    Quote Originally Posted by moneymark View Post
    Bit puzzled on this one. I installed my new UD5H last night along with my crossfired dual 6950s. When I attempted to fire up the machine I got 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps. Looked up the code and it stated there was an issue with the graphics cards. So I pulled them both and plugged into the motherboard's dvi-d. The bios then came up this time. I upgraded the bios to F7 (same result with today's F8a) and booted into windows just fine. I then shutdown, put in the 6950s and restarted. Again I was unable to get the bios to come up. I've tried with a single HD6950 in both pcie x16 slots, still cannot get the machine to post. I've set the graphics to initialize the peg first without any luck as well. I even tried disabling the iGPU entirely. I also tried setting the pcie's rom to legacy instead of efi compatible. None of these ideas earned a different response. The board simply refuses to post with the ATI card plugged in.

    I'm using a PC Power and Cooling 910w Silencer, i5 3570k, Gigabyte Z77x-UD5h, 2x4GB G.Skill Sniper DDR3 2133 in slots 1 and 3. Any ideas are much appreciated!
    Don't think you posted this in the correct place... but anyway:
    Not much help, but I had a very similar issue when I was running dual 6970s some time ago. Except I was able to get the PC to post when I had a single card installed in my 2nd PCIE slot only. RMA'd the board and the primary slot was faulty (it had been working for several months too).
    Seems highly unlikely that both your slots failed, but you never know. I'm guessing both your cards are identical? If there is anyway you can get a different card to just try and see if it posts - at least you can eliminate it being the slot.

  4. #5954
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    USA
    Posts
    2

    Default Re: Gigabyte latest bios

    Quote Originally Posted by pyronical View Post
    Don't think you posted this in the correct place... but anyway:
    Not much help, but I had a very similar issue when I was running dual 6970s some time ago. Except I was able to get the PC to post when I had a single card installed in my 2nd PCIE slot only. RMA'd the board and the primary slot was faulty (it had been working for several months too).
    Seems highly unlikely that both your slots failed, but you never know. I'm guessing both your cards are identical? If there is anyway you can get a different card to just try and see if it posts - at least you can eliminate it being the slot.
    Yea sorry, I should have probably created a new thread. Two days of smashing my head against the wall over this doesn't have me thinking too straight.

    Both cards are indeed identical and were working fine in my old Asus Rampage Formula x48 that I replaced with the UD5H. Unfortunately I don't have any other PCIe cards to test as I sold my old one. I've been building these things since my old 286 and haven't had so many issues since I had to deal with old ISA cards, setting dip switches for the IRQs and all those fun things. Stumped.

    EDIT:
    Sometimes all it takes is someone to pull you away from the problem. I remembered I had flashed my 6950s to 6970s. I tried booting using the backup bios and was in instantly. Odd that never caused issues before but at least I'm in!
    Last edited by moneymark; 05-04-2012 at 10:48 AM.

  5. #5955
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default Bios Backup ALT+F10 -X79/Z77 w/o switch

    Cannot get this to work on F8 Bios on my Z77-UD3H.
    Doing the same as on my Z68 Board, no probs.
    Thanks
    jb

  6. #5956
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    New BIOS updated:

    G1.Sniper 3 - F6a
    GA-Z77-D3H - F13a


    GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 - F5

    - Improve DDR3 compatibility
    - 04/07.May 12


    Quote Originally Posted by Webox View Post
    Bios Backup ALT+F10 -X79/Z77 w/o switch
    Cannot get this to work on F8 Bios on my Z77-UD3H.
    Doing the same as on my Z68 Board, no probs.
    Thanks
    jb

    UD3H have BIOS switch.
    Last edited by stasio; 05-08-2012 at 05:45 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  7. #5957
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    23

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS updated:

    G1.Sniper 3 - F6a
    GA-Z77-D3H - F13a


    GA-H61M-D2H-USB3 - F5

    - Improve DDR3 compatibility
    - 04/07.May 12




    UD3H have BIOS switch.
    And so it does Stasio!
    Thank you, my friend.
    Keep Smiling
    jb

  8. #5958
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    New BIOS updated:

    GA-Z77X-UD5H - F7b

    - 08.May 12
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  9. #5959
    boondocks's Avatar
    boondocks is offline Senior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Live Oak, Florida
    Posts
    1,652

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS updated:

    GA-Z77X-UD5H - F7b

    - 08.May 12
    Why F7b? Already have F8a? What's changed, do you know?
    Maximus 8 Hero/6700K @ 4.8/4x4GB LPX @ 3200 15-17-17-36 CR1
    Case Labs SM8 w/dual pedestals / Custom water w/ acrylic pipe / Light box
    PowerColor 390Xw/EK block / Samsung 840 Pro 256GBx2 RAID 0 / 128GBx1 SSD's | 3 HDD's / DVD burner
    Dual Aquaero 5 Pro controllers for pumps & fans / FC9 for led's only 2xD5 pwm w/Bitspower tops - MCP35x2 - 3x480 rads/1x240 rad/AP15 fans / EK supremcy
    Seasonic Platinum 1000w custom fabbed/sleeved psu wiring by me

    Wifes: Z77X-UD5H / 3770K w/c with Raystorm copper block & 2 Rads/ Kingston HyperX RAM / Switch 810 case/ PowerColor AX7950 w/EK block
    HTPC: Z68 Pro3 M / 2105

    SOLD:Z97X-UD5H /4790K/F11b mod BIOS/4.8@1.38 4x4GB Kingston Genesis KHX24C11X3K4 2400 RAM 11-13-13-30
    SOLD:Z87X-UD5H /4770K


  10. #5960
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Why F7b? Already have F8a? What's changed, do you know?
    Atm, I cann't say much,but I flashed my D3H with UD5H BIOS (as is not compatible as UD3H) and no visual changes.
    Maybe more improvements with USB and memory.
    In Optimized Defaults BCLK (Auto) is 100.3 MHz.

    Last edited by stasio; 05-10-2012 at 06:27 PM.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 160 users browsing this thread. (6 members and 154 guests)

  1. absic,
  2. AudiTuner,
  3. mastagon,
  4. ROKUGAN,
  5. zappa666

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •