Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 609 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 109509559599607608609610611619659709 ... LastLast
Results 6,081 to 6,090 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

lockian is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Yikes,

Jumped in to that one a little too quickly. Awaiting an update on the Sniper 2 bios or a method for downgrading back to F5. U1A looking great so far, just missing some important features and a lot of issues with boot stability (hanging on POST).

Quote Originally Posted by Dadou View Post
    Hi Chris,
    unfortunately, 3tb drives are not supported on gigabyte boards with intel series 3 chipsets.
    Nevertheless, it is worth to update to this version as it has new raid option rom and other things.
    I have this board with this bios version and it works like a charm.
    Do you mean not supported at all or not supported as a boot drive. I am wanting to use these 3tb drives in an unraid server. So it will be booting off USB stick. does this mean that if i plug a 3tb drive into the sata port of this motherboard it will pick it up fine as a drive just for storage?

thanks
    Chris

Acebmxer is offline Gigabyte Elite

If you already have the drive plug it in and see how it is detected. From what I know I believe only the second half of the x58 series added support for 3tb+ drives. So EX58 does not support but X58A does. So anything older then X58A does not support 3tb+. Someone can correct me if I am wrong.

If you want to use the drive as a storage drive (not a OS boot drive) you could just partition the drive in half (1.5TB each) or 1 partition have 2tb second have 1tb and then you can have all 3tb.
    Main Rig
    Gigabyte z87x-OC
    Haswell i7 4770k - 4.7Ghz @ 1.330v LLC Extreme (L310B492)
    G.Skill F3-1700CL9D-8GBXM DDR3-2133mhz 9-11-10-28 1.65v @ 2800mhz 12-14-14-35 1.7v
    Samsung Green 8GB 2x4GB MV-3V4G3D/US DDR3 1.3v 30nn @ 2200Mhz 11-11-11-32 1.60v
    Sapphire ATI HD 7970 3GB clocked 1200MHz @ 1.181v.
    HiS ATI HD 6950
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB SSD (boot Drive) on Intel sata3 controller port0
    Corsair Force GT 120 GB Sata3 SSD on Intel sata3 controller port1
    Samsung 320GB HD322GJ 7200 RPM 16M cache on Intel sata3 controller port2
    Sony Optiarc DVD-RW AD-7240S on Intel sata3 controller port5
    CORSAIR CMPSU-850TX PSU
    Swiftech MCP655-B Pump
    EK Supremacy Cpu Block
    Swiftech Mcres Micro Rev 2 Reservoir
    Black Ice GTX Xtreme 360 Radiator

RicoFrost is offline Junior Member

Just wanted to report that my joystick wont work with the USB ports at the back, i have to use the front USB ports (which is my case plugged in to my mobo)
    F10 Bios
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.6Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB
    Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

pyronical is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lockian View Post
    Yikes,

Jumped in to that one a little too quickly. Awaiting an update on the Sniper 2 bios or a method for downgrading back to F5. U1A looking great so far, just missing some important features and a lot of issues with boot stability (hanging on POST).
    How bad is it? Were you able to OC?

Wondering if I should wait now.

sixor is offline Junior Member

z77x ud3h using f11b

usb problems are reduced, but still there, my mouse is not working in some boots, i have to restart the pc

and yes even using latest intel usb3 drivers

and yes i used f9 f10 f11a f11b

also, installing win7, there is no mouse in the setup

lockian is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by pyronical View Post
    How bad is it? Were you able to OC?

Wondering if I should wait now.
    I was able to assign the turbo boost to 4.0ghz and keep it stable. But LLC is missing and it appears vcore adjustments are not working at the moment. Would very much like to go back to F5, there seems to have been a forum rollback and some posts here were lost, but there were quite a number of other people hoping to hear something in regards to a rollback option or an update. I do hope some kind of answer is given soon, at the moment with the silence i'm considering replacing the board entirely.

pyronical is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by lockian View Post
    I was able to assign the turbo boost to 4.0ghz and keep it stable. But LLC is missing and it appears vcore adjustments are not working at the moment. Would very much like to go back to F5, there seems to have been a forum rollback and some posts here were lost, but there were quite a number of other people hoping to hear something in regards to a rollback option or an update. I do hope some kind of answer is given soon, at the moment with the silence i'm considering replacing the board entirely.
    Guess I will wait then, at least they're working on it, I'm sure we'll see a new version soon.

I was going to replace my mobo... but I'll just be patient I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by sixor View Post
    z77x ud3h using f11b

usb problems are reduced, but still there, my mouse is not working in some boots, i have to restart the pc

and yes even using latest intel usb3 drivers

and yes i used f9 f10 f11a f11b

also, installing win7, there is no mouse in the setup

same for me - to get around win7 setup install i unplugged my pc for hours and it worked ok - WEIRD!

nikpoth is offline Junior Member

Bump!
    Any news for a flashtool that allows flasing back to award, to restore full functionality for z68? Or new bios uefi?

Thread Information