Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 635 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 135535585625633634635636637645685735 ... LastLast
Results 6,341 to 6,350 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

RoadToNever is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Do I dare flash the earlier UEFI beta to make use of Back_2_Award? No, better ***** at GGTS about it...
    Last edited by RoadToNever; 07-26-2012 at 02:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToNever View Post
    A UEFI issue I first experienced in the early beta comes back to haunt me. Booting from usb flash drive blanks the screen. No going back to Award for me.
    You're problems don't make much sense. The instructions did leave off the part where you format the USB flash drive with DOS (freedos works for me) , forgive me for asking, but I assume you actually did that?
    If you can't boot DOS via a usb flash drive, you could always put DOS on a SATA HDD.

Being unable to download a .zip from this forum suggests your web browser is not allowing all the necessary cookies.
    Last edited by bad144; 07-26-2012 at 03:04 PM.

RicoFrost is offline Junior Member

Update Bios 12g I have the power cycle problem again today. Didnt get it for over 2 weeks.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.6Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB
    Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

hackintoshx86 is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFrost View Post
    Update Bios 12g I have the power cycle problem again today. Didnt get it for over 2 weeks.
    GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 UEFI version 1UA

I have a power cycle problem as well, I get it on system restarts and sleep mode. System will boot loop for a few seconds then ask to reset the BIOS selections.

RoadToNever is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bad144 View Post
    You're problems don't make much sense. The instructions did leave off the part where you format the USB flash drive with DOS (freedos works for me) , forgive me for asking, but I assume you actually did that?
    If you can't boot DOS via a usb flash drive, you could always put DOS on a SATA HDD.

Being unable to download a .zip from this forum suggests your web browser is not allowing all the necessary cookies.
    Don't make sense how exactly? Do you have UEFI on a GB Z68 board? Of course I prepared a bootable DOS USB flash disk. Why would you assume I didnt do that? It would be interesting to hear how you boot DOS from a SATA drive. I don't think the medium that is the issue though, Perfectdisk boot-time defrag blanks the screen as well.

EDIT: UBCD blanks the screen as well. Curiously Linux based boot disks work. Windows 7 install disk also works fine but the initial screen "press any key" screen is blank.
    Last edited by RoadToNever; 07-27-2012 at 08:07 AM.

RicoFrost is offline Junior Member

Update Happened again this morning. I think last time i pulled the power plug out and turned on the computer to drain all power, plugged it back in and didn't get the problem for a few weeks.

My wife has a H77M D3H and she never gets this problem.
    Intel i7 2700K (@4.6Ghz) - 8GB Corsair - Windows 7 64Bit - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD3H - Corsair Force 3 SSD 120GB
    Gigabyte GTX680 OC - Benq 120hz LED Monitor

long time no betas for UD5H???
    i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz, GA-Z77X-UD5H, 2 x GTX 680 Classified 4GB, SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM, OCZ Vertex 4, XSPC RayStorm, RX360, RX240, CROSSOVER 27QLED, SeaSonic Platinum-860, NZXT Switch 810 White

BIOS F16c

2therock is offline Member

Quote Originally Posted by RicoFrost View Post
    Update Happened again this morning. I think last time i pulled the power plug out and turned on the computer to drain all power, plugged it back in and didn't get the problem for a few weeks.

My wife has a H77M D3H and she never gets this problem.
    I had a cold boot issue that turned out to be a peripheral. It turned out to be an eSATA RAID1 box. I swapped it to FW800 and she is good. It's the box's fault not Giga's.
    I take it you have taken it down to just a mouse & keyboard, both wired to see if it repeats.
    I know I get those kind of boots when my Clock is not right also.
    Have you stripped all the peripherals and taken to the latest BIOS posted on the official Gigabyte site for the board?
    And just a reminder, when you flash a new BIOS be sure and optimize it and then tweak.

pyronical is offline Junior Member

Still no UEFI or OC support for Ivy Bridge for the Sniper 2. Gigabyte makes me cry.

Upgraded my GA-Z68XP-UD4 to the UEFI BIOS and have a couple of questions -

1/ Can you still Back-up the BIOS using ALT+F12? Doesn't appear to work for me anymore.
    2/ Is there are Manual (or Website) to explain some of the New or Changed UEFI settings.
    3/ Is the current Touch BIOS B11.1201.1 compatible with the new UEFI BIOS? as I see there is Touch BIOS (UEFI) B11.1124.2 a special one(?) for the X79.

For all those having problems with a Boot Disk have a look at this website MS-DOS Bootable Flash Drive - Create - Windows 7 Forums worked perfectly for me. Once you have the USB Boot Drive just copy the Gigabyte files over to it (Autoexec.bat, FLASHEFI.EXE and Z68XPUD4.U1G or whatever your UEFI BIOS file is)
    Intel i7 2600k | Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD4 (U1g) | 2x4GB Corsair Vengeance 1600 (CL8) | Galaxy GTX275 1GB
    OS Drive - OCZ Vertex3 SATA 6Gbps 120GB (2.22) | Storage Drives - 2xSeagate ST31000524AS 6Gbps 1TB (RAID 0)
    Other Storage Drive - 1xSeagate ST31000333AS SATA 3Gbps 1TB | LiteON SATA iHAS324 (BL1P)
    Corsair CMPSU-750HX | Coolermaster HAF912 Advanced |
    Coolmaster V8 Aircooler
    ZBoard | Logitech G9x | Panasonic 37" 1080p LCD | Windows 7 Pro 64bit

Thread Information