Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 637 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 137537587627635636637638639647687737 ... LastLast
Results 6,361 to 6,370 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

COMMON GIGABYTE let us use Samsung 30nm 16 GB!!!! at 2133+ :mad:

or give us 2nd and 3rd timings!!!!!
    i7-3770K @ 4.8GHz, GA-Z77X-UD5H, 2 x GTX 680 Classified 4GB, SAMSUNG 16GB 30NM, OCZ Vertex 4, XSPC RayStorm, RX360, RX240, CROSSOVER 27QLED, SeaSonic Platinum-860, NZXT Switch 810 White

BIOS F16c

Quote Originally Posted by RoadToNever View Post
    So despite getting all riled up I managed to find a way to sucessfuly return to Award BIOS. You simply add a line to autoexec.bat on the DOS boot drive simmilar to this:
    efi2awd M0D3L.VSN

Thanks bad144 for uploading the tool.

FWIW I've reported all the bugs I found to GGTS. I encourage everyone experiencing bugs in the UEFI updates to do the same.
    Glad you figured out where you were have problems booting and the efi2awd tool worked for you.
    Technically you don't need an autoexec.bat to boot DOS.
    It didn't make sense that you were claiming UEFI couldn't boot DOS, because booting DOS is such a basic functionality for a BIOS that if it were broken, everyone would be screaming about the problem (and others like myself had booted dos from UEFI).

Also, I did report my displayport issue to gigabyte but they simply told me to wait for an official version of UEFI (yet the version that I downloaded was from their official bios download page). Also no ETA on when this official-official version might come out...

irfs is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by EvgeniX View Post
    COMMON GIGABYTE let us use Samsung 30nm 16 GB!!!! at 2133+ :mad:

or give us 2nd and 3rd timings!!!!!
    Yeah man i second that ! F10a & F9o both dont set DDR voltage. Also VTT voltage stuck at 1.05v even when set to 1.15v (check with OCCT)
    F8 voltages work proper
    Corsair Carbide 400R
    Corsair AX-750W
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH F12j
    i7 2600K@4.8GHz
    Antec 620 Kuhler
    16GB Gskill 2133 10 11 10 28 1N
    Gigabyte 680 GTX OC3W
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
    Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB

thebeing is offline Junior Member

Major step backwords in the the Z77 UD3H F12j bios. They removed the extensive CSM options, and once gain broke OPROM compatibility for the HBA I had in the PCI-E x4 slot.

Overall it seems F12j may be close to identical to F11. All the the added features, functionality, and fixes from the last few bios releases seem to be gone. It makes me suspect that F12j is a hotfix for F11, rather than the beta release which comes after F12i.
    Last edited by thebeing; 07-28-2012 at 11:24 AM.

RoadToNever is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by bad144 View Post
    Glad you figured out where you were have problems booting and the efi2awd tool worked for you.
    Technically you don't need an autoexec.bat to boot DOS.
    It didn't make sense that you were claiming UEFI couldn't boot DOS, because booting DOS is such a basic functionality for a BIOS that if it were broken, everyone would be screaming about the problem (and others like myself had booted dos from UEFI).

Also, I did report my displayport issue to gigabyte but they simply told me to wait for an official version of UEFI (yet the version that I downloaded was from their official bios download page). Also no ETA on when this official-official version might come out...
    I didn't claim DOS booting was broken, merely that video output was. It goes against your instincts typing bios flash commands in a command prompt you can't see, wouldn't you agree? Anyway, seeing the butt ugly Award full screen logo again was an awesome sight. The mystery of UEFI and full Ivy Bridge support for our boards lives on for now. Thanks again.

edu84 is offline Junior Member

Hello, I have a z77x-UD3H and I have problem with the USB 3.0 rear, if I plug a mouse or keyboard,
    3 or 4 times a day the mouse on a motion stop for 1 second, the mouse is not because I have tested another
    and does the same, I formatted and all.
    In front USB 2.0 works fine.
    It happens to someone the same?
    I have the F11 bios and I'm thinking of upgrading to the beta F12J.
    It could turn back if not right?

boondocks is offline Senior Member

You can change back to whatever BIOS version you want, if you flash to a BIOS you don't like.

hackintoshx86 is offline Junior Member

After speaking with Gigabyte Support I believe that the i3-2100 is the problem behind my PCI problems. The i3 PCI expansion slot capabilities are holding it back to 8x. The PCI configurations in the Beta version are not correct. The PCI slot will not be priority in the display boot and sleep for some reason. The PCI slot lane is only 8x at the moment and should be 16x. The broken down PCI lane shows the processor PCI configuration for this board is not right YET to operate with the i3-2100. After the Gigabyte team tested the board with the i5-2500k and a PCI 2.0 card and got normal 16x lane speeds and turbo boost I have a feeling it is processor based.

DKT70 is offline Junior Member

Hi, Thought I would report a BIOS bug with GA-Z77-D3H motherboard, latest F16 BIOS - although this happens with ALL the BIOSes I have tested.
    Basically, with a USB joystick(s) plugged in (rear ports or front) - I have a Xbox 360 PC pad + PS2 dual shock pad with USB adapter - the BIOS locks with a black screen when attempting to enter it, possibly it detects the joysticks as mice ?

Also, cannot boot ANY Linux Live! CD installed to a USB stick using Yumi, every distro just locks or resets the PC, these all work fine on my S775 Asus P5QL Pro, Q9650, 8Gb RAM, etc.. same USB stick.

I too also get that cold boot problem, as well as booting from a previous shut down, where the PC gets locked in a loop trying to boot and it doesn't matter if the I5 is overclocked or stock. I thought this old Gigabyte problem, way back to X boards upto Z68, would have been sorted by Z77.

Lastly, I overclock my I5 2550k to 4.5 1.300v 100% rock stable,idles 38-40c, highs of 72c after some Prime tests, but I want to try offset to avoid constant 1.3v when idle but I cannot see any offset settings in the BIOS, is this just labelled different ?

vlad1966 is offline Junior Member

Question Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Yesterday I put together a new rig with the GA-Z77-UD5H. The board originally came with the F6 BIOS, and I updated it pretty much right away with the latest release BIOS - F8.
    Seems to be working pretty well so far, but one weird thing is when the system boots all I see is an American Megatrends logo & nothing else - No boot info at all (BIOS version, CPU, RAM check, HDDs, etc.)
    I've even disabled Rapid Start because I though it might have something to do with that, but it had no effect.

Is this an Ivy Bridge feature or is something wacky with the F8 BIOS? Is anyone else seeing this? The system does boot Ridiculously fast - probably from power button to Win7 desktop in about 10 seconds.
    Easily the fastest booting PC I've ever had.

I'm always a little leary about using beta BIOS's so I much have to stay @ F8 until Gigabyte releases an official update.

Thanks!
    Last edited by vlad1966; 07-30-2012 at 04:44 AM.

Thread Information