Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 64 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 14546263646566741141645641064 ... LastLast
Results 631 to 640 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #631
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    K, I will pass it along and should have a answer or their thoughts about it for ya next week.

    When I asked about it, after the replied answer I gave you here, they also told me why the Engineers removed it. They said they did not want users damaging their CPU's which Kinda confused me, but I guess they of course would know better then I would. It sounded confusing to me because I would think NO limit could hurt a CPU more then the selectable limits, but maybe not?

    Anyhow, ya I will pass along a link to them and see if the Engineers can either re-think there thoughts of removing the setting and maybe add it back in. Or if not, if any of the engineers would take some spare time and make you a newer BIOS with the settings enabled/visible.

  2. #632
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Hi all, well, i use 3dmark vantage and GTA IV to test the stability of OC.
    In later bios (i think its was F4m) i needed 1.29v Vcore and 1.49 QPI/Vtt to get 200Bclk x19 and 3800 Uncore (full stable), it loads windows from 1.43v, but in games give an BSOD. With F5 and so on i need 1.31v Vcore and 1.53v Vtt to be full stable. Now, with F6i i think that is more stable and easier to OC. I've got 205Bclk x19 1.33v Vcore, 1.55v QPI/Vtt, 3895 Uncore and is almost 100% stable.
    This is with i7 920 and X58 Extreme.

    Oh, and i had F6e and when trying to update to F6i i had the invalid bios image error too. Solved the problem earlier, but canīt remember how, lol, i did a USB bootable and flashed to F6i by DOS.
    Triple boot still persists to me :(

    I really like this F6i and i've got to say Thanks to the efforts of the Team. Keep up the good work.
    Sorry for my english :)
    Last edited by CyberDrunk; 03-22-2009 at 12:21 AM.

  3. #633
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    58

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    Ahh ya, you are right some do need more then others. Sounds like you have tested it all pretty well as you should have.

    I have been told (By Gigabyte, not Intel) that 1.4-1.5 QPI/Vtt is perfectly safe so you should have nothing to worry about running it if you have to. Some chips even do require 1.45+ to do 200-201+ Blck, so you must just have gotten one similar to that. GIGABYTE does not officially recommend those settings of course, and they were only passed along to me on a personal Basis Per a question I had asked.
    Really Gigabyte said 1.4-1.5 Vtt is safe?
    Well that makes me feel a little better. Thanks.

    Wasn't too worried though, as I have ran my Q9450 at 1.4v VTT and 1.475v Vcore for almost a year now 24/7 (to get 3.8Ghz stable), which everyone thought was too high when that chip first came out, and now a year later, still no probs.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-23-2009 at 06:24 PM.

  4. #634
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    167

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by Lsdmeasap View Post
    K, I will pass it along and should have a answer or their thoughts about it for ya next week.

    When I asked about it, after the replied answer I gave you here, they also told me why the Engineers removed it. They said they did not want users damaging their CPU's which Kinda confused me, but I guess they of course would know better then I would. It sounded confusing to me because I would think NO limit could hurt a CPU more then the selectable limits, but maybe not?

    Anyhow, ya I will pass along a link to them and see if the Engineers can either re-think there thoughts of removing the setting and maybe add it back in. Or if not, if any of the engineers would take some spare time and make you a newer BIOS with the settings enabled/visible.
    Awesome LSD .

    Yeah, that doesn't really make sense to me (seeing that with TDP limit is part of Intel's design) . But then, Im not an engineer either :P
    Windows 7 Pro 64 | OCZ Vertex 120 | Cosmos S
    Gigabyte P67A-UD5-B3 (F6) | Enermax Revolution85+ 1050w
    i7 2600k | 2x4 GB Corsair Vengeance 1866 | EVGA GTX570 SC
    Apogee XT | Magicool 360 Radiator | MCP35x Pump + v.2 Res

  5. #635
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by brugola.x View Post
    Hi to all
    I have a problem with the new bios F6i (ExtremeX58).. invalid file ??



    For the flash I use F8 + usb key

    Regards Gerri

    PS Sorry for my bad English, I am Italian
    I just flashed to f6i using Q-Flash. My Perc 5/i raid controller that was fine under f5f didn't work so I tried going back to f5f. I got the invalid file error above. I then tried to flash back to f5e,f,g and f6c, I got the invalid file on each of them. I tried downloading on XP, Ubuntu, and OSX onto three different flash drives, and nothing works. Just to double check, I also installed a second Perc 5/i I had sitting around and had the same issue and had the same issue also with no raid controller cards installed.

    All flashes were done with fail safe defaults loaded, and of course no overclock as I was about to copy my boot drive to a Raid 5 SAS array on the Perc... but

    Any thoughts?
    Last edited by pjkenned; 03-22-2009 at 06:01 AM.

  6. #636
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    I'm on the ex58-extreme with F6i and it doesn't let me upgrade to any other bios - md5sum's of the other bios's checkout so we got the q-flash bug still. On another note, I can't overclock f6i worth squat, I'm at only bclk=160 right now... I usually can attain 175 without any issue in the other bios' as well as much better memory timings. Please fix - I'd like to go to the rumoured well working f6f if nothing else...

    ps qflash is only option for bios flashing as I run straight linux on this box.

  7. #637
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    14

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    shaolin95,
    latest BIOS (released 16.03.09) for GA-MA790FXT-UD5P is F3i.On XS and techpowerup is more information then here,as you know.
    shane p,tnzz,
    stock voltage or overclock?
    brugola.x,
    try with @BIOS or FLASHSPI
    My S3 problems are at overclocked voltages. At stock the system will resume from sleep many times. I've only tried it this one occasion but at stock it seems everything works.
    In both cases, stock and overclock, I disable C1E and EIST, and enable Turbo Boost and I boot up with a 21 multi but when I resume from sleep the multiplier goes back to 20 and does not return to 21, not sure if this is a bug or not.

  8. #638
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Posts
    3

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by nevion View Post
    I'm on the ex58-extreme with F6i and it doesn't let me upgrade to any other bios - md5sum's of the other bios's checkout so we got the q-flash bug still. On another note, I can't overclock f6i worth squat, I'm at only bclk=160 right now... I usually can attain 175 without any issue in the other bios' as well as much better memory timings. Please fix - I'd like to go to the rumoured well working f6f if nothing else...

    ps qflash is only option for bios flashing as I run straight linux on this box.
    How else can we flash bios if Q-Flash is not letting us?

  9. #639
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,688

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by pjkenned View Post
    How else can we flash bios if Q-Flash is not letting us?
    As just stated above
    -@BIOS -Windows
    -FLASHSPI-DOS
    and on the first page is note:
    BIOS Flashing - A "How To ~ Qflash Guide"
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  10. #640
    Lsdmeasap's Avatar
    Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    PCB Island
    Posts
    25,940

    Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    Really Gigabyte said 1.4-1.5 Vtt is safe?
    Well that makes me feel a little better. Thanks.

    Wasn't too worried though, as I have ran my Q9450 at 1.4v VTT and 1.475v Vcore for almost a year now 24/7 (to get 3.8Ghz stable), which everyone thought was too high when that chip first came out, and now a year later, still no probs.
    GIGABYTE does not officially recommend those settings of course, and they were only passed along to me on a personal Basis Per a question I had asked.

    What I was told is that 1.35-1.45+ QPI/Vtt is normal for some i7's to reach 180-200+ Blck since the QPI Bus goes so high, and that some even need 1.45+ to keep 200 Blck stable.

    So it is all up to you, but of course always try to use the least amount needed.


    Quote Originally Posted by pjkenned View Post
    I just flashed to f6i using Q-Flash. My Perc 5/i raid controller that was fine under f5f didn't work so I tried going back to f5f. I got the invalid file error above. I then tried to flash back to f5e,f,g and f6c, I got the invalid file on each of them. I tried downloading on XP, Ubuntu, and OSX onto three different flash drives, and nothing works. Just to double check, I also installed a second Perc 5/i I had sitting around and had the same issue and had the same issue also with no raid controller cards installed.

    All flashes were done with fail safe defaults loaded, and of course no overclock as I was about to copy my boot drive to a Raid 5 SAS array on the Perc... but

    Any thoughts?
    You should always Load Optimized defaults after you flash, NOT Fail safe defaults. This may or may not be your issue with your RAID Card?

    You will have to use @BIOS or or DOS Based (AWDFlash/Flash895/FlashSPI) programs to flash backwards from the Newer F6 beta's until they get things worked out.
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-23-2009 at 06:57 PM.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 196 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 195 guests)

  1. AudiTuner

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •