Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 65 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 15556364656667751151655651065 ... LastLast

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Lsdmeasap is offline GIGABYTE Guru

Default Re: Gigabyte Latest BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by C3D76 View Post
    Wow, that would really be great man :D. I understand you can't guarantee anything, but the effort is really appreciated.

The way I see it, this is a Win/Win situation for Gigabyte and it's customers.
    Giving the Gigabyte board extra functionality, and giving the User more control...

Email sent, I will let you know the reply

Hi to everyone
    AND THANKS TO STASIO FOR ur updates on drivers & BIOS
    My problem is

How can i decrease core1,core2,core3,core4 temps
    my cpu temp is ok.The core temps r really high under stress and load
    please tell any possible ans
    thanks.......................

Hi prasrig,

is your system under wather or air? Make sure your cooler is corectly mounted and take liquid metal from Coollaboratory - Liquid Metal! but watch for the install notes!

Turn HT off. And check minimum voltages for your cpu and other components. 3.8 gig make sometimes a huge differences in voltages and temp.
    Last edited by Rolfi; 03-23-2009 at 11:32 PM.
    Intel i7 930 @ 4 GHz (3001A480) 36/16/8 200x20 @ 1,296 load / LLC LV 2
    Gigabyte G.1Sniper (Bios F4b) - DDR3 PC1600 12GB Kit Sniper F3-128000CL7 @ 1600Mhz 7/8/7/24 T1
    3x MSI 280GTX SOC @ 700/1500/1250
    1x Real SSD 300 2x Intel X-M25 SSD Raid - 1250W Enermax - Win7 Ultimate 64
    Elysium @ sextuplets radiator / idle ~35C (205 Watt) / load ~67C (780 Watt)

hi all, this is my first post after a while of reading only :P

i have EX58-DS4 wich had 6b for a while, i7 920 with a thermaltake ultra-120 extreme and was oced like this:

ht off
    1,350 vcore
    1,340 qoi/vtt
    1,86 cpu pll
    1,58 dram
    1,18 qpi pll

191x21

for once, i would like to know whats safe for qpi pll, and what it really does, since i couldnt find that out.

and the real reason for this post:

is it posible that something changed on 6c that may be causing a bsod with code 0x000000F4 from time to time on a cold boot, and after that, the first reboot detects no boot device ? all was fine before (or so it seemed)

i have a raid 0 of 2 seagate drives on the intell controlet.

thx in advance

Quote Originally Posted by rcocchiararo View Post
    hi all, this is my first post after a while of reading only :P

i have EX58-DS4 wich had 6b for a while, i7 920 with a thermaltake ultra-120 extreme and was oced like this:

ht off
    1,350 vcore
    1,340 qoi/vtt
    1,86 cpu pll
    1,58 dram
    1,18 qpi pll

191x21

for once, i would like to know whats safe for qpi pll, and what it really does, since i couldnt find that out.

and the real reason for this post:

is it posible that something changed on 6c that may be causing a bsod with code 0x000000F4 from time to time on a cold boot, and after that, the first reboot detects no boot device ? all was fine before (or so it seemed)

i have a raid 0 of 2 seagate drives on the intell controlet.

thx in advance
    QPI PLL, has something to do with Ram that is for sure, I could not get anything over 1700Mhz stable (overclocked from stock 1600Mhz) unless my QPI PLL is at least 1.3v
    Safe? probably as EVGA X58's set their QPI PLL at 1.3v when left on AUTO, so I would assume 1.3v is quite safe. And ASUS X58's default to 1.35v QPI PLL, seems like my X58 Gigabyte undervolts it, when compared to others (1.1v stock)

btw
    QPI PLL: I found this on a website reviewing an ASUS X58 mobo:

QPI/DRAM Voltage - 1.35V: This is poorly worded by Asus - it should read uncore or QPI/memory controller voltage or QPI/PLL Memory so not to confuse it with the actual memory voltage. Increasing this is also necessary as it helps overclock the base frequency as the uncore area overclocks increase in relation to the CPU core overclocks. This voltage is tied to actual DRAM voltage - the two are directly connected on the motherboard.

also from another site:
    QPI/DRAM CORE VOLTAGE = QPI PLL VOLTAGE = QPI/PLL MEMORY CONTROLLER VOLTAGE = UNCORE MEMORY VOLTAGE
    (is there any other variations out there?)

Quote Originally Posted by shane_p View Post
    QPI PLL, has something to do with Ram that is for sure, I could not get anything over 1700Mhz stable (overclocked from stock 1600Mhz) unless my QPI PLL is at least 1.3v
    Safe? probably as EVGA X58's set their QPI PLL at 1.3v when left on AUTO, so I would assume 1.3v is quite safe. And ASUS X58's default to 1.35v QPI PLL, seems like my X58 Gigabyte undervolts it, when compared to others (1.1v stock)

btw
    QPI PLL: I found this on a website reviewing an ASUS X58 mobo:

QPI/DRAM Voltage - 1.35V: This is poorly worded by Asus - it should read uncore or QPI/memory controller voltage or QPI/PLL Memory so not to confuse it with the actual memory voltage. Increasing this is also necessary as it helps overclock the base frequency as the uncore area overclocks increase in relation to the CPU core overclocks. This voltage is tied to actual DRAM voltage - the two are directly connected on the motherboard.

also from another site:
    QPI/DRAM CORE VOLTAGE = QPI PLL VOLTAGE = QPI/PLL MEMORY CONTROLLER VOLTAGE = UNCORE MEMORY VOLTAGE
    (is there any other variations out there?)
    i had seen those explanations while googling arround too.

im under 1600 with sticks that are rated for 1600, so i dont really need that much (maybe), i cant get higher than 191 bclk without raising the qpi/vtt voltage (and/or vcore), so im stuck like i posted before (i dont want more tho...), and i had to raise the qpi/*vtt to what i said to be able to run uncore at the frecuency needed for the ram on 1570.

I also had to disable HT since i couldnt get past 180x20 with it on :P

my bsod might be related to some software problem, and not the bios change, if it appears again tomorow, it was not the soft i suspected :P

I noticed that after flashing to GA-EX58-UD3R - F5d BIOS
    my CPU fan speed will not save to anything other than DISABLE
    meaning: I got a V10 CPU Cooler which has 2 PWM fans, so normally I set my CPU FAN to PWM, after latest BIOS flash I set it, and reboot and it changes CPU FAN to DISABLE (I noticed as FAN are full speed all the time now and LOUD)
    then I thought ok, PWM is not working, so I tried AUTO and same thing save changes and restart and fans at 100%
    now everything else saves in BIOS (I can change Voltages, or Bclk and restart and they hold no problem, but fan will not save settings)
    anybody notice this in latest beta BIOS? or is it just me? (or did I overlook something simple?)

Gigabyte seems to be really firing out the BIOS'S so I may just deal with the loud fans for a while, in the hopes the next bios will fix it. And hopefully cold boots when overclocked.
    RIG#1
    980x @ 4.5Ghz 24/7 under water, dual rads
    Vcore 1.4, VTT 1.35, ram 1.5
    Gigabyte X58 UD9 mobo
    590 GTX under water *700Mhz, 4000Mhz)
    12GB of DDR3
    1x Intel Sata3 SSD
    4x ocz SSD's Raid 0
    Strider 1500Watt PSU
    all in a monster MOZART TX CASE (with 16 fans)
    Winows 7 64 bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x.../980x and UD9/

RIG#2
    Qi7 920 @ 4.2Ghz
    vcore 1.45, fsb 1.4
    XFX 5970
    6GB if DDR3
    5x 2TB HD's
    850watt Antec PSU
    all in a Antec 900 CASE (with 6 fans)
    Antec HTPC Remote
    Windows 7 64bit

http://s755.photobucket.com/albums/x...0 i7 920 HTPC/

@ prasrig

You may need a better cooler, or you need to lower your Vcore and or QPI/Vtt voltage

@ rcocchiararo

QPI/Vtt voltage is your Uncore voltage as said above

* NOTE TO Shane P*
    EVGA And all X58 Boards QPI PLL Voltage should be default of 1.1 as this is the designed voltage, and as you can see here EVGA (Classified) Does not set 1.3 in Auto it is 1.1. If you are seeing or had seen it at 1.3, then that is probably as you said due to it left in Auto and a overclock applied. Overclocks with Voltages in Auto is no advised as the board may way overvolt things >>>

QPI PLL VCore: Quick Path Interconnect Phase Locked Loop voltage. For 24/7 overclocking this voltage can be left at stock in most instances. Again, if you need to use more it's probably wise to pull back a little on QPI frequency to a speed that requires no more than 1.2V. For benchmarking, we used 1.45V to reach 239 BCLK for a CPU-Z shot.
    AnandTech: EVGA X58 Classified - First Look

QPI PLL is Phase Lock Loop for the QPI voltage. Here is what that means >>>
    Phase-Locked Loop Tutorial, PLL

Phase-locked loop - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Electronics 12

I am not sure what is "Safe" but I have been told not much above stock is normally needed, but I have found myself seeming to need to use 1.2-1.24 at certain different settings. The faster Uncore Freq you are using, the more that is likely needed. I know too much CPU PLL can hurt your CPU so I would assume the same would be true for the PLL Voltage on the QPI/IMC bus. I have seen users having to use 1.3-1.35+ so I believe it would be fine

Intel's stated Maximum is 1.1

I see suggested QPI PLL Is 1.4 in this EVGA Overclock guide, so looks as if even up to 1.4 or so would be acceptable >>
    EVGA X58 Overclocking Guide
    Last edited by Lsdmeasap; 03-24-2009 at 12:51 PM.

Did the Ud5 to Extreeme flash yesterday! works so far... :)
    UD5@Extreeme bios, I7 920@~ water cooled, OCZ 1600LV6GK, hd 4870x2 (Asus Top bios) water cooled. TX850w, LG 19" wide. 2x wd250ks sata raid 0 ( Win 7, 64bit)

Thread Information