Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 665 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 165565615655663664665666667675715765 ... LastLast
Results 6,641 to 6,650 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

pyronical is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    G1.Sniper 2 - U1c
    Loaded this, works great - I am very happy, my 3770k is overclocked and everything is running smooth.
    Can't believe it took nearly a year though, better late than never.
    Quote Originally Posted by dazboots View Post
    Right the sniper 2 bios that u did 4 months ago U1A had no voltage control.
    u release this and still no voltage control what the hell is going on.
    this is a complete joke. this board is going back not fit for purpose.
    Has voltage control for me, works perfectly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkje View Post
    It's a general issue of the 6x chipsets and ivy-oc, not limited to gigabyte..
    Not true at all, Asus, ASRock and others fully supported at release of Ivy Bridge. Gigabyte trailed terribly.

Quote Originally Posted by pyronical View Post
    zomg... U1c for Sniper2 ... DO MY EYES DECEIVE ME?! Will test when I get home!

Nooooooo didn't see this.. :( :(
    Yep its still not doing voltage control after 4 months very bad in my eyes. im not a happy chappy at all.

[QUOTE=pyronical;439032]Loaded this, works great - I am very happy, my 3770k is overclocked and everything is running smooth.
    Can't believe it took nearly a year though, better late than never.

Has voltage control for me, works perfectly.

have u actually overclocked set voltage to 1.3 then read cpu-z when in windows. the voltage dont change. if u did anything else please let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by oile View Post
    Still no LLC for vcore..
    Stable OC almost impossible for me..

How high are you trying to overclock? I am stable at 4.2Ghz with the 2600K. Was running at 4.5Ghz stable.

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    How high are you trying to overclock? I am stable at 4.2Ghz with the 2600K. Was running at 4.5Ghz stable.

My voltages being locked so cant get this 3770k to what it fully should go. wanting to know how to unlock them so it should work as intended.

What voltage are you using at the moment? Because in your previous post you said differently. How high you wanting to go to with the overclock?

Quote Originally Posted by JustRob View Post
    What voltage are you using at the moment? Because in your previous post you said differently. How high you wanting to go to with the overclock?
    It is running 1.140 bios and shows that in bios no matter what i put in. its fully locked so limited to what it can go stable.
    and in my previous post i said i can put 1.3 volts in and still on reboot shows stock volts no change. even tried 1.35 still the same.
    cant even get 4ghz stable but put cpu in other motherboard of my friends goes up to 4.7ghz. like i said very limited for well over 5 months with no voltage thats crap.
    and u dont expect that from a 300.00 motherboard.
    Last edited by dazboots; 09-29-2012 at 09:37 PM.

SolidBladez is offline Member

Not true at all, Asus, ASRock and others fully supported at release of Ivy Bridge. Gigabyte trailed terribly.
    The problem was that Intel didn't give some companies the CPU microcode to fully support Ivy Bridge. Sapphire and EVGA are perfect examples as their P67 and Z68 boards have zero support for IB (except for Sapphire which has slowly begun adding BIOS updates). Some MSI boards don't have any support either, the same with Asus.

Even when they do support it that doesn't mean it's going to be "stable". Some Asus users are having issues with IB and P67/Z68 (BSOD, random crashing, missing BIOS options, etc.). I think at this point it's best to get a H77/B75/Z75/Z77 if you want true support for Ivy Bridge - even more so if you plan on overclocking.

pyronical is offline Junior Member

[QUOTE=dazboots;439068]
    have u actually overclocked set voltage to 1.3 then read cpu-z when in windows. the voltage dont change. if u did anything else please let me know.
    Didn't do anything special, yes it just works. Changes in CPU-Z when I change it in the bios.

lockian is offline Junior Member

Backing up dazboot's findings - once again the Sniper 2 on a 2600k does not have working voltage controls or any load line calibration. Possibly this issue only now affects Sandybridge processors. Either way this is completely ridiculous. A while back a representative from Gigabyte promised us that the Sniper 2 would be one of the first in line for the whole UEFI update with an estimated date passed many months ago now for it's release. It now seems Gigabyte is focusing mainly on this years boards and totally forgetting the fact that many of us purchased premium boards such as the Sniper 2 under the stated pretence of full Ivy Bridge support and a UEFI bios. The message this puts out to me is that they are neither happy to honour their commitments nor to correctly support their products after only one generation of succession.

Thread Information