Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 680 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 180580630670678679680681682690730780 ... LastLast
Results 6,791 to 6,800 of 10866

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Amurtigress is offline Member

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

@Peakr:

I just flashed F13n on my X79-UD5. It does not BSOD 7B on me on booting but it still has me baffled. The controller in RAID mode is not a C600 anymore with &dev_2826 anymore but a regular ICH10R compatible &dev_2822....
    What the heck...is Gigabyte removing a feature there to make a difference to the new C606 boards?

Frankly I don't even know what features I'd be missing if any at all...

Edit: Just saw dejanh's post that already mentions this. Sowwy.
    Last edited by Amurtigress; 11-13-2012 at 09:41 AM.

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

New BIOS:

GA-X58A-UD7 (2.0) - FD

- 3TB+ HDD support
    - 09.Nov 12
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Amurtigress View Post
    @Peakr:

I just flashed F13n on my X79-UD5. It does not BSOD 7B on me on booting but it still has me baffled. The controller in RAID mode is not a C600 anymore with &dev_2826 anymore but a regular ICH10R compatible &dev_2822....
    What the heck...is Gigabyte removing a feature there to make a difference to the new C606 boards?

Frankly I don't even know what features I'd be missing if any at all...

Edit: Just saw dejanh's post that already mentions this. Sowwy.
    Yeah, I already mentioned this and worse yet for the C606 owners our board just got our RAID "downgraded" from server chipset to (as you said) "regular ICH10R compatible &dev_2822". This is effing crap...especially since the GA-X79S-UP5 has so many problems as is...so far the worst motherboard purchase made to date, ever, period.

I found a new problem too...if you use Intel RAID you cannot boot SAS RAID, and if you use SAS RAID, you cannot boot Intel RAID. They are mutually exclusive. This is implemented completely incorrectly and just plain broken. I don't even get why we have to be limited to only using the legacy ROMs when we should really have RAID management for both RSTe and SAS implemented in the UEFI management tool as an alternative.

A few years ago I stopped buying Gigabyte because of these types of problems and behavior, and it took me a very, very, long time to even consider a Gigabyte board as a viable option for any of my systems. Now I'm being pushed in the same direction again of giving up on Gigabyte. If all of the critical issues that I have reported with the GA-X79S-UP5 are not resolved soon (throttling, memory compatibility, removal of RSTe, no ability to manage and boot from both SAS and RSTe RAID) I honestly won't have any choice but to stop using Gigabyte boards all together again, and make it a point to strongly recommend to others to stay away from these boards.

I'm extremely frustrated with the problems and the fact that it has now been 3 weeks since I reported the first problems and not even an admission or a single comment from anyone in Gigabyte has been provided. All I got is denial and more denial.
    Last edited by dejanh; 11-14-2012 at 02:41 AM.

@DejanH:

The standard RST mode at lest has an advantage, Win7 supports it without a driver disk upon installation. And it has fixed my D1 BSOD problem. I just refuse to believe it's an overclock problem...now with RST drivers 11.2 I don't get any such problems when running OCCT.

Speculation warning...I have seen a thread of the ASUS Rampage4 doing the same D1 error in storport.sys. Is it possible that Intel recommended this due to a recently discovered hard bug? Maybe we should keep an eye open what the other boardmakers are going to do with their X79 boards...
    Initially the X79 was supposed to have SAS too. But Intel disabled it and removed the feature from the specs, due to a too low yield of chips with good SAS ports, and reserved SAS solely for the C606 chipset...it is entirely possible that there is more trouble with that controller. Maybe an enterprise specific feature causing it, and now requiring this to be disabled.
    Remember, only RSTe drivers 3.2 up to 3.5.1 are affected in my case. 3.0 and 3.1 work.

I changed from ASUS to Gigabyte because the P6T Deluxe V2 having had some stupid not so big problems, so I ended up with the absolutely wonderful X58A-UD7 V1. And now Gigabyte backstabs me. One should assume that the newer X79 boards with C606 are more mature than my first generation X79-UD5 is...

A list of my problems with the UD5:

1) It was very hard to enable Strap 1.25 (fixed now)
    2) Vdroop was buggy (fixed since F13i)
    3) Onboard LAN maxed out at 25 mbits on my 50 mbits DSL line, and throughput was very inconsistent. An add-on PRO/1000 card worked fine, just like a Realtek. Gigabyte Taiwan claimed they cannot reproduce the problem, but three weeks later it was fixed in a beta.
    4) Razer Copperhead mice worked on and off, their support in the BIOS was broken twice by now. Not like it mattered...
    5) Marvell SATA controllers are a pain int he ass with detecting optical drives. All work in RAID mode, some don't in AHCI and initially none worked in IDE mode. (what the..? Has improved but...yah right)
    Optical drives are still not found with Windows' generic drivers in RAID mode, but are found with Marvell's drivers.

WHAT is it that Gigabyte does not get peripherals right? A new platform having problems in their core components, okay, forgivable, but peripherals that were used over and over on other board models?!

The only good thing in the mess is that Gigabyte does listen at times, contrary to ASUS. And that they keep working on problems, as the F13 BIOSes prove with their fixes. Other makers would have abandoned the boards probably.

@DejanH:

The standard RST mode at lest has an advantage, Win7 supports it without a driver disk upon installation. And it has fixed my D1 BSOD problem. I just refuse to believe it's an overclock problem...now with RST drivers 11.2 I don't get any such problems when running OCCT.

Speculation warning...I have seen a thread of the ASUS Rampage4 doing the same D1 error in storport.sys. Is it possible that Intel recommended this due to a recently discovered hard bug? Maybe we should keep an eye open what the other boardmakers are going to do with their X79 boards...
    Initially the X79 was supposed to have SAS too. But Intel disabled it and removed the feature from the specs, due to a too low yield of chips with good SAS ports, and reserved SAS solely for the C606 chipset...it is entirely possible that there is more trouble with that controller. Maybe an enterprise specific feature causing it, and now requiring this to be disabled.
    Remember, only RSTe drivers 3.2 up to 3.5.1 are affected in my case. 3.0 and 3.1 work.

I changed from ASUS to Gigabyte because the P6T Deluxe V2 having had some stupid not so big problems, so I ended up with the absolutely wonderful X58A-UD7 V1. And now Gigabyte backstabs me. One should assume that the newer X79 boards with C606 are more mature than my first generation X79-UD5 is...

A list of my problems with the UD5:

1) It was very hard to enable Strap 1.25 (fixed now)
    2) Vdroop was buggy (fixed since F13i)
    3) Onboard LAN maxed out at 25 mbits on my 50 mbits DSL line, and throughput was very inconsistent. An add-on PRO/1000 card worked fine, just like a Realtek. Gigabyte Taiwan claimed they cannot reproduce the problem, but three weeks later it was fixed in a beta.
    4) Razer Copperhead mice worked on and off, their support in the BIOS was broken twice by now. Not like it mattered...
    5) Marvell SATA controllers are a pain int he ass with detecting optical drives. All work in RAID mode, some don't in AHCI and initially none worked in IDE mode. (what the..? Has improved but...yah right)
    Optical drives are still not found with Windows' generic drivers in RAID mode, but are found with Marvell's drivers.

WHAT is it that Gigabyte does not get peripherals right? A new platform having problems in their core components, okay, forgivable, but peripherals that were used over and over on other board models?!

The only good thing in the mess is that Gigabyte does listen at times, contrary to ASUS. And that they keep working on problems, as the F13 BIOSes prove with their fixes. Other makers would have abandoned the boards probably.
    That's all good and well, but I have a C606 board, the GA-X79S-UP5, so unless as you said Intel has identified a "hard" bug with RSTe and therefore recommended that all C606 chipset users be "downgraded" to standard RST, then this change is a pure mistake. As it stands right now I do not believe that this is the case. I think that this is just a plain-as-day oversight. Somebody made a global change to a bunch of UEFI BIOS in the latest beta releases without actually considering which chipset each respective board uses.

As for the SAS business, again, C606 chipset on my board does allow SAS, but again as I said the implementation is bad because it cannot be used simultaneously with RSTe RAID except from the OS (booting on both at the same time with both in RAID mode is not possible).

@DejanH

No arguement there, the boot issue is wrong. Makes one wonder...I'd assume the X79 and C606 are pin-compatible...maybe they made a mistake with the chipset's wiring or so...I was merely venting about the problems that my UD5 has and prolly also the UD3/7...

@DejanH

No arguement there, the boot issue is wrong. Makes one wonder...I'd assume the X79 and C606 are pin-compatible...maybe they made a mistake with the chipset's wiring or so...I was merely venting about the problems that my UD5 has and prolly also the UD3/7...
    It's all the UEFI BIOS. It's just poorly implemented. I submitted all of this to Gigabyte support as issues and I hope that stasio will pass on the information to Gigabyte as well. I'd love for this board to work properly, but right now it's kinda half-junk.

Ok, guys. I'm really in a hard place right now, I've searched the internet for a solution to my problem and nothings seems to pop-up. So that is why I'm asking here. So here's my problem:
    I have a ga-z68ap-d3 (rev 2.0) MB with an Ivy B I5-3570K CPU and a msi nvidia TwinFrozr3 GTX660 GPU. Here's where the complicated part starts: At first I was using FD bios and I couldn't simply overclock my i5 because the multiplier was capped at 38, so I updated to the new uefi Ua5 bios which solved the problem with overclocking. But all this was back when I was using a nvidia gtx460. So when I changed to the gtx660 gpu the bios would not POST at all. No video signal comming in. I don't know why. I even tried the beta Ua7 bios, still nothing. I managed to downgrade to the old FD bios version and the GPU works fine, all is ok, but now I cannot overclock my cpu because the multiplier is capped. Does anyone know a workaround or what I should try to make things work? I reset CMOS before and after every bios upgrade and downgrade. Pleas help. I also wrote to Gigabyte, but they take years to answer.

nikpoth is offline Junior Member

A similar problem to me.
    unfortunately my previous post I got no answer.
    (Hello! Yesterday I upgraded my ga z68xud4 b3┤s UEFI bios from GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 - U1c and after reboot my TFT stays black and goes to energy saving mode. The system although boots to Win 7 Pro x64 what is proven by the welcome sound from loudspeakers. If I switch to the original bios on my 6970 to 6950 everthing is allright. If I flash the original bios on the card there is no problem too. It seems that there has changed something with pcie handling with this bios because cpu-z does not show anymore pice 2.0 like you can spot My card works with my mod bios in another rig properly, I only have this problem since I updated to GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 - U1c. So hopefully this is cleared in another uefi/biosupdate.)

Quote Originally Posted by devilpriest View Post
    Ok, guys. I'm really in a hard place right now, I've searched the internet for a solution to my problem and nothings seems to pop-up. So that is why I'm asking here. So here's my problem:
    I have a ga-z68ap-d3 (rev 2.0) MB with an Ivy B I5-3570K CPU and a msi nvidia TwinFrozr3 GTX660 GPU. Here's where the complicated part starts: At first I was using FD bios and I couldn't simply overclock my i5 because the multiplier was capped at 38, so I updated to the new uefi Ua5 bios which solved the problem with overclocking. But all this was back when I was using a nvidia gtx460. So when I changed to the gtx660 gpu the bios would not POST at all. No video signal comming in. I don't know why. I even tried the beta Ua7 bios, still nothing. I managed to downgrade to the old FD bios version and the GPU works fine, all is ok, but now I cannot overclock my cpu because the multiplier is capped. Does anyone know a workaround or what I should try to make things work? I reset CMOS before and after every bios upgrade and downgrade. Pleas help. I also wrote to Gigabyte, but they take years to answer.
    Had the same issue with my G1 Sniper 2, among other issues (could'd boot my pendrive to restore original BIOS, had to restore from Windows).

Workaround I discovered to the graphics card issue:

Remove the graphics card, Plug your monitor to the onboard graphics, set the primary graphic device to the iGPU, and set the iGPU always Enabled.

Then save your settings, turn off the computer, put back your graphics card, plug your monitor back to your graphics card, turn on the computer and see if that helps.

By doing this (maybe) you can't see the post screen (you have to plug your monitor back to the onboard graphics), but by doing this I could boot Windows just fine and use the computer as usually (except the iGPU will always be enabled).

If you need to acess the UEFI again, just plug your monitor to the iGPU and do as you would normally do. No need to take the graphics card out again.

Hope that helps you guys.
    Last edited by Danny's; 11-16-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Thread Information