Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 699 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 199599649689697698699700701709749799 ... LastLast
Results 6,981 to 6,990 of 10847

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

All of F15* BIOS(except F15t) is piece junky, NO USB device at all here. Can't change any BIOS setting, and wont boot.
    Quote Originally Posted by Priskvark View Post
    <!--[if gte mso 9]><xml> <o:OfficeDocumentSettings> <o:AllowPNG/> </o:OfficeDocumentSettings> </xml><![endif]-->GA-Z77X-UD5H:

F15p (introduced in F15o) hangs when Fast Boot option is enabled.

F15p (first seen in F15m) will not enable keyboard and mouse support until Windows is started and the drivers for USB-devices are loaded.

It seems that the F15-BIOS does not initialize USB-hubs. When connected to a hub they won’t start and the LED:s on the keyboard are off even though my USB-hub has its own power supply. I tested on two different brands of hubs and no one worked.

If I connect the keyboard and mouse directly to the USB-ports on the motherboard they will work as expected.

Quote Originally Posted by boondocks View Post
    Can you boot normally? (not Fast Boot) I'm using F15p with a wireless KB/mouse and no problems. I've got the transceiver plugged into a rear USB 2.0 port.
    I tried Fast Boot when it first appeared and seemed problematic or else I had it configured incorrectly so I don't use it, besides it already boots super fast.

I see there are options for USB functionality with Fast Boot, did you try those?
    GA-Z77X-UD5H:

Yes, I can boot normally and that’s how I’m running now.

I don’t boot often and “Normal” is good enough. However, this is a beta and I reported a problem so that the release version may be fixed.

There are 3 options in the fast boot mode for USB devices: Full initial, Partial Initial and not enabled. I tried full and partial but both times the boot process got stuck before finishing.

As stated I have an issue with USB-hubs when the computer boots. Maybe there is some connection (I have to admit that I didn’t disconnect the hubs while testing but, off course, I did connect my keyboard to one of the backside USB-pots – not to the hubs).
    Last edited by Priskvark; 12-29-2012 at 04:37 AM.

noxon is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by noxon View Post
    Just flashed the F19g, booted normal after, but then a few problems, which a clear cmos normally fix. But that was it. Now just endless error 51 and 83 i think, switching too fast. Tried different mem, cleared cmos, cpu out and so on.

Any way to flash the bios ?

Btw, which bios have the highest succes rate with pcs and bbse chips on ud3h? :)

-Thanks

Hi again..

Is it possible to flash the bios? I can use the other bios of course, but then the card would be dead if it should happen again.

Its the backup bios, and there is no contact when turned on, just endless switching between 2 numbers in the display. (Z77X-UD3H).

Quote Originally Posted by s4e8 View Post
    All of F15* BIOS(except F15t) is piece junky, NO USB device at all here. Can't change any BIOS setting, and wont boot.
    GA-Z77X-UD5H:

As stated by coolhand411 and now by you there are some problems with USB devices in F15. I hope Gigabyte can fix this before the final release. But it’s somewhat astonishing to see such obvious problems in a BIOS officially published on Gigabytes website (F15m and F15o). You may have seen their definition of BETA in this context: “What is a BETA? BETA describes a new version that is reliable yet may not include all the features of the final product…”

Well, I may admit that I had some serious problems directly after installing F15o-p but that was because I was a little bit lazy and didn’t want to open my computer case. Therefore, I took a chance and did not clear the CMOS after installing the new BIOS. Sometimes it’s enough just to “Load optimized Defaults” but not this time.

By clearing the CMOS and connecting my keyboard to a backside USB port, I could change settings (and get new problems by doing so!).

On the upside and a good reason to stay with F15p is that my performance index got up 0.1 for the primary hard drive in Windows performance index. After all, isn’t slow disk performance one of the main problems for our computers these days? So, this is a tiny step in the right direction .
    Last edited by Priskvark; 12-29-2012 at 04:38 AM.

Rale is offline Junior Member

Unhappy Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    New BIOS:
    GA-Z77X-D3H - F17g

- 13/14.Dec 12
    When F17g will be available for download?

Any info changes F17f -> F17g.

F17f was "Support Secure boot option", so its fix and last firmware with Improve system compatibility was F15-F16? :(
    Sorry for my English, its not my native language.

stasio is offline GIGABYTE Elite

Quote Originally Posted by Rale View Post
    When F17g will be available for download?
    Moved to:
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post274647
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Rale is offline Junior Member

Thanks!

I didnt read the whole topic, sorry for that.
    F17f not solve my problem and I decided not to check F17g. Hope next version will be available soon.

mdmower is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdmower View Post
    New BIOS:

GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 - U1j

- 23.Oct 12
    Two observations:
    1) All 4 Phase LEDs are always lit when the computer is on, they do turn off when the computer is shut down.
    2) Both XMP profiles of my G.Skill F3-1866C10D-16GAB (2x8GB of DDR3-1866 RAM) are now correctly reported as 1866MHz, whereas previous BIOS versions reported one profile as 1600MHz and one as 1866MHz. I can only assume more RAM timings are supported in this BIOS version.
    I have two more observations to go go along with my previous post:

1. When I run any Linux distribution or hackintosh, the shutdown commands cause the computer to shut off, but then moments later the computer starts back up again. I think this must have to do with the BIOS since the computer goes all the way down before starting again.
    2. A few times a month, when I turn on my computer, it goes into a triple boot loop before starting. After turning on the system it fails to post, then it restarts to the dual-BIOS screen, then it restarts again but doesn't get to post, then it makes its final restart and boots just fine. This behavior is replicated every time the problem is encountered.

alternety is offline Member

I have seen a problem with not hibernating. From your description, I don't think that is the problem, but I thought I would mention it for others.

Using Win 7 and Firefox, sometimes when telling it to hibernate, it will turn off and then after several seconds return to active. I recently noted that (I believe, not enough tests yet) when it is going to do this, it will not generate the entering power save message even though it looks like it is doing it.

The problem appears to be a web site that is not allowing the system to hibernate. It appears that some sites manage to keep Firefox or an associated process alive and will not let the hibernate to function correctly. Closing Firefox or the web site that is causing it will resolve the problem. Before I figured out this pattern I was blaming this on a number of other things. The timing of the occurrences (actually essentially random, but I had not figured that out yet) led me to believe things like updates caused it.

I don't know what is causing it, but I really don't think it should work that way. Hibernate has always been rather spooky.
    Asus P8Z77-V Deluxe
    i7 3770
    2 X 8GB F3-12800CL9S-4GBRL DDR3 1600 1.5V GSkill Ripjaws
    Integrated graphics
    Seasonic Platinum 760W
    be quite! Dark Rock Pro 2
    Fractal Define XL R2 case
    Win 8.1 64 Pro

Jurdano is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by mdmower View Post
    I have two more observations to go go along with my previous post:

1. When I run any Linux distribution or hackintosh, the shutdown commands cause the computer to shut off, but then moments later the computer starts back up again. I think this must have to do with the BIOS since the computer goes all the way down before starting again.
    2. A few times a month, when I turn on my computer, it goes into a triple boot loop before starting. After turning on the system it fails to post, then it restarts to the dual-BIOS screen, then it restarts again but doesn't get to post, then it makes its final restart and boots just fine. This behavior is replicated every time the problem is encountered.
    I have the same probleme as you, my computer go into triple or plus boot loop before starting, sometime it boot into bios and fail to post and it restart again, this happen randomly this time it start just fine.

Thread Information