Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 712 of 1085 FirstFirst ... 212612662702710711712713714722762812 ... LastLast
Results 7,111 to 7,120 of 10848

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Gigebyte Intel X79 Chipset have no RAID EFI driver support like Asus and Asrock X79 motherboard -,-

Want full EFI support!?

Quote Originally Posted by christer12 View Post
    Gigebyte Intel X79 Chipset have no RAID EFI driver support like Asus and Asrock X79 motherboard -,-

Want full EFI support!?
    Unfortunately it seems this is true. Gigabyte just doesn't have the ability to make UEFI work properly.
    i7-3930K
    GA-x79-UD3
    Corsair H100
    4x2GB GSkill F3-12800CL6
    X-Fi Titanium HD
    EVGA GTX 970
    Pioneer BDR-207DBK
    Samsung 850 EVO
    3XWD2002FYPS
    Corsair TX850
    Dell U2412M

Rale is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by frankbel View Post
    Hi Stasio,
    just updated GA-Z77X-D3H beta bios from 17h to 17i. After reboot my discrete vga card does not load. I tried several settings, including setting Gen 1 or Gen 2 PCIE, with no luck.
    Rolling back to beta bios 17h, the issue disappeared.

Just to mention, my vga card has never worked under Gen 3 setting (PCIE 16x), despite being certified to operate such; so I usually have to set it at PCIE Gen 2 to work (PCIE 8x). With the latest beta, my card won't work even under slowest settings as PCIE 4x. My feeling is that my card has never been supported by bioses and last one broke it completely.

Thank you for your attention.
    Is your mobo rev 1.1 or rev 1.0 ?? You videocard never work at x16 slot, only in x8 or it always shows x8 when x16 slot?
    My Gigabyte 650Ti (GV-N65TOC-1GI) also never worked under Gen 3 but i had other issue on rev 1.0 GA-Z77X-D3H and game freezes

Create new thread about my problem with GA-Z77X-D3H REV 1.1
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post451104
    Please Help!

My friends Z77X-D3H rev 1.1 mobo boots with "new videocard" and after few restarts doesn't work any more. All those videocards work at other PC.
    I tried to "reset cmos", remove battery for few minutes and update BIOS F15 -> F16 -> F17f -> F17h -> F17i ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***
    tried to boot without usb/sata devices (only ps/2 or usb 2.0 keyboard)
    Also we tried to change all hardware: cpu / memory / psu

For now i flash it with f17i and remove battery for few hrs.... :(
    Any ideas what to do?

I can hold this mobo for a couple of days.
    Last edited by Rale; 02-24-2013 at 04:15 AM.

frankbel is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by wazza300 View Post
    did you try loading optimised defaults? also tried removing gpu and booting from igpu/motherboard graphics,setting first initial display as peg or pcie then save exit and install the 7850,then see if it works?
    Yes I tried once again today all settings. I removed the card, loaded optimized defaults, forced PCE as initial display, again no luck. If I roll back to F17h, then the card under Gen2 setting works. So I am pretty sure that beta F17i is not fine.

Maybe it's the motherboard not well built. On the other hand, there is a hw revision 1.1 in which they revised the 1 x 8-pin ATX 12V power connector (in my revision the power connector is 4-pin, this might imply that video cards do not get enough power from the PCE lane). Anyway there are some software issue as well as latest bios shows.

frankbel is offline Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rale View Post
    Is your mobo rev 1.1 or rev 1.0 ?? You videocard never work at x16 slot, only in x8 or it always shows x8 when x16 slot?
    My Gigabyte 650Ti (GV-N65TOC-1GI) also never worked under Gen 3 but i had other issue on rev 1.0 GA-Z77X-D3H and game freezes

My friends Z77X-D3H rev 1.1 mobo boots with "new videocard" and after few restarts doesn't work any more. All those videocards work at other PC.
    I tried to "reset cmos", remove battery for few minutes and update BIOS F15 -> F16 -> F17f -> F17h -> F17i ***Official***Z77X-D3H UD3H UD5H Discussion\Owners Club***
    tried to boot without usb/sata devices (only ps/2 or usb 2.0 keyboard)
    Also we tried to change all hardware: cpu / memory / psu

For now i flash it with f17i and remove battery for few hrs.... :(
    Any ideas what to do?

I can hold this mobo for a couple of days.
    Yes, the mobo has problems. I have hw revision 1.0. My discrete video card is placed in the 16x lane and it loads only if Gen2 setting is selected under Miscellaneous settings. I provided feedback to Gigabyte assistance, but they told me to try all my hardware separately. I already changed cpu from i5-3450 to i7-3770K, I tried my videocard in other PCs, I removed all hardware but video card, I tried several firmwares, but still the problem is there. Since the vga works under Gen2 settings and there is no critical gaining from Gen3 setting, then I have not changed my mobo. But I will someday, when Haswell is in stores and I can buy a better mobo at reduced price for my PC. Not sure if it will be another Gigabyte.

snout is offline Member

i Think this may help too.
    Force Gen3 exe.
    Restart after execution
    download from Guru3D.com
    G1.Assassin 2 (rev. 1.0) F13 MOD a Modified Bios by Boe23
    CPU Intel x3960
    Memory G.Skill RipJawsZ 16GB (4x4GB) DDR3 PC3-14900C9
    Graphics Asus GTX 690 GOP Flashed.
    Hardrives x2 Samsung 128GB 840 PRO ssd (Raid 0 ) RST 13.1 Orom
    Optical Samsung SH-B123L/ BSBP 12x BluRay
    Case & Cooling Corsair 650D, Corsair H100 hydro
    Mouse & Keyboard R.A.T.7 Contagion , Steelseries 7G
    PSU Corsair Professional Series AX850 High Performance
    Sound X-FI Onboard (Pax Modded)
    Screen Benq XL2420T 24
    Windows 8.1 x64 UEFI Mode.

Rale is offline Junior Member

Already tried. Also i check it with GPU-Z when run graphic test, so its not power saving features.

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...tml#post451104
    Last edited by Rale; 02-24-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peakr View Post
    Unfortunately it seems this is true. Gigabyte just doesn't have the ability to make UEFI work properly.
    With RAID UEFI driver support, the RAID mode will boot faster and be better integrated. Gigabyte has a lot to do with the X79 Chipset.
    G1.Assassin 2
    i7-3930K
    2x256GB Samsung 840 Pro RAID0
    Asus BW-14D1XT
    Seasonic X760

I have just tried the GA-Z77M-D3H-MVP - F7c bios on my Rev.1.0 board. Now whenever I try to UEFI boot Linux USB boot media I get the message:

"Secure boot not enabled"

and the boot process stops, I have changed everything I can find and have flashed (using @BIOS) with both "Load CMOS default after BIOS update"
    and Clear DMI data Pool" checked, and cleared CMOS after something rendered my system unbootable. The only thing I can boot in UEFI mode is Windows 8
    even with the settings on "Other OS" and secure boot in either mode. I have also flashed back to F7b and that did nothing to reenable booting USB media in UEFI mode.

G1.Sniper 3 - F8j

I got a strange issue with the 1866 memory ratio setting not applying anything between 1600 - 2400 worked fine a clear cmos seems to have sorted it only noticed as 1866 was slected in bios but 1800 reported in AIDA64 mem score correlated.

Thread Information