Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 715 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 215615665705713714715716717725765815 ... LastLast
Results 7,141 to 7,150 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

guess the GA-Z68X-UD4-B3 won't ever get completed now because its been so long before last update.

KILLERDOG is offline Junior Member

Default GA- Z77x- D3H best bios.

Hi Guys, tried many bios's and right now im using the F16 one. Board is GA-Z77x-Dh3 version 1.0 , can someone tell me whats theb est bios. My system is stable, running well. Ive tried other beta bios's and noticed that when i have enabled fast boot and No full screen logo, the system just will NOT boot and i have to clear the cmos. Hopefully GB will bring out a new bios soon. Starting to wish that i had stuck with ASUS, never had any problems with ASUS in 16 years of pc-ing.......

stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite

Well,
    try with disabled fast boot (not much difference),till GB found solution (personally I didn't use at all).
    Btw,
    you should read Z77 (Z68) Asus threads in many forums and they have more problems then GB.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

Hi stasio,
    I got my P67A-UD3R-B3 U1A UEFI firmware from Gigabyte's Global Technical Service.
    I've reported to them that CPU fan don't work with the firmware, but I still get no rely.

Could you help me with it?

Regards, Kevin

Hello I hope someone can point me in the right direction. I have a G1 Sniper 2 Motherboard & recently upgraded to an i7 3770K. The motherboard is currently on the F5 BIOS from Gigabyte. I see by reading this thread that there are beta UEFI BIOS out that will allow me to overclock beyond the limited 39x multiplier i have right now.

I followed the instructions & downloaded the G1 Sniper 2 U1C bios. When I extract the file I get 2 files, FLASHEFI.EXE & GAG1S2.U1C. I can't open either of them. When I double click the .exe it give's me a compatability error with my windows version(Windows 7 64bit) I can't extract anything from either file also. Just wondering where I went wrong & how can I actually update this BIOS?

Cheers

GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS: F15r

This time Gigabyte improved greatly from the very poor beta F15q BIOS.

The F15r BIOS has matured and most of the terrible bugs are gone. I could install the BIOS without problems and it ran with optimized values. When changing Internal Graphics values everything went smooth. The CPU/PCIe Base Clock value is also available again.

To my surprise, the new feature “Fast boot” works in all modes. It’s possible to enter the BIOS but you have to be quick hammering the Delete key. But that’s rather expected because Fast boot is – fast… (a little bit too fast for me, I actually prefer the normal, slow mode, which is fast enough).

My OS, Windows 7 with Intel SmartResponse enabled, started without problems but the tiny performance gain first spotted in F15p is lost and I don’t miss it.

F15r has Hard Copy enabled and the printout was stored on my USB-memory.

Speaking of USB there is still no support for USB-hubs during Boot. If you are aware of the problem the workaround is simple. However, for a user, not knowing about this issue, who needs to enter the BIOS after installing the beta it will be very annoying if their keyboard and/or mouse is connected thru a hub.

There are also some problems with a setup in the section BIOS Features.

The option “Storage Boot Option Control” found under “OS Type” does not work as (I) expected. I selected OS Type “Other” and found out that the motherboard lost its CD/DVD-support (strange) if “Storage Boot Option Control” was anything else then “Legacy Only” or “Disabled”. I would expect that at least “Legacy first” should have worked.

F15r is quite stable and everyone interested or curious could use it and check if they get any advantage from it. I hope Gigabyte will remove F15q from their support page and publish this one instead.
    Last edited by Priskvark; 03-01-2013 at 03:57 AM.

Rale is offline Junior Member

Default Re: GA- Z77x- D3H best bios.

Quote Originally Posted by KILLERDOG View Post
    Hi Guys, tried many bios's and right now im using the F16 one. Board is GA-Z77x-Dh3 version 1.0 , can someone tell me whats theb est bios. My system is stable, running well. Ive tried other beta bios's and noticed that when i have enabled fast boot and No full screen logo, the system just will NOT boot and i have to clear the cmos. Hopefully GB will bring out a new bios soon.
    What is your boot time to win logo and desktop?
    Also, as stasio say: not much difference.
    Checked with rev 1.0(month ago) and rev 1.1(yesterday): -2 sec with post(to bios logo and +2-3sec and win logo) time ~5-10sec (to win logo), and boot time 20-30sec. ~6% in boot time with fast or ultra fast
    Disable unused controllers and try to find a device that increases the boot time.
    Now they should boot faster AnandTech - Intel Z77 Motherboard Review with Ivy Bridge - ASRock, ASUS, Gigabyte, and MSI

p.s. All new mobo with uefi has a lot of problems...

Quote Originally Posted by ktulu123 View Post
    Just wondering where I went wrong & how can I actually update this BIOS?
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html
    Copy GAG1S2.U1C to usb flash drive.
    Go to bios, Load Optimized default. Reboot.
    Press F8 in bios to run "Q-Flash".
    Backup your bios, update with new one.

Quote Originally Posted by shiecldk View Post
    I've reported to them that CPU fan don't work with the firmware, but I still get no rely
    What cooler do you use for your cpu? The fan doesn't start or just at high temp (80-100*С)?

Quote Originally Posted by stasio View Post
    Supose to be F19.............then F20x beta...............then F20.
    Thank you.
    I guess there's not even a very rough estimate when would it be released?
    I noticed several builds which say improved stability in changelog, and it might just be what I am looking for with my current OC problems. I just don't want to mess with beta BIOSes anymore though.

Quote Originally Posted by ktulu123 View Post
    Just wondering where I went wrong & how can I actually update this BIOS?

Cheers
    You must flash in DOS with bootable USB.
    http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte...ash-guide.html

Short:
    To flash these, you need to make a bootable USB drive (i.e DOS) with the BIOS file and the included flash utility on it, Qflash or @BIOS will not work (there is a flash utility in the works to fix this).

Enter your boards BIOS and check the USB device is the first bootable device, save+exit.

Then at the command prompt you type in FLASHEFI ***BIOS filename*** and let it do its thing, then follow the instructions given to you when its done.
    Quote Originally Posted by shiecldk View Post
    Hi stasio,
    I got my P67A-UD3R-B3 U1A UEFI firmware from Gigabyte's Global Technical Service.
    I've reported to them that CPU fan don't work with the firmware, but I still get no rely.

Could you help me with it?

Regards, Kevin
    Insist new BIOS from GGTS,as you get from them.
    I also removed Z68X-UD5-U1b (also from GGTS),as has did not been aproved by R&D (yet).
    Btw,
    did CPU fan display in BIOS?

Quote Originally Posted by Octopuss View Post
    Thank you.
    I guess there's not even a very rough estimate when would it be released?
    I noticed several builds which say improved stability in changelog, and it might just be what I am looking for with my current OC problems. I just don't want to mess with beta BIOSes anymore though.
    I think F19 will be soon.
    I only use beta BIOSes.
    Last edited by stasio; 03-01-2013 at 07:33 AM.
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    Win 10 x64

Quote Originally Posted by Priskvark View Post
    GA-Z77X-UD5H BIOS: F15r
    To my surprise, the new feature “Fast boot” works in all modes. It’s possible to enter the BIOS but you have to be quick hammering the Delete key. But that’s rather expected because Fast boot is – fast… (a little bit too fast for me, I actually prefer the normal, slow mode, which is fast enough).
    I also using "Normal mode",as is fast for me,atm.
    You are in ~30% of users who successfully test this feature,so will be great if another ~70% are successful as you.
    Btw,
    thanks for observation (testing),for the rest of your post.
    Last edited by stasio; 03-01-2013 at 06:23 AM.
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz