Please report all spam threads, posts and suspicious members. We receive spam notifications and will take immediate action!
Page 727 of 1087 FirstFirst ... 227627677717725726727728729737777827 ... LastLast
Results 7,261 to 7,270 of 10862

Thread: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS




  1. #7261
    rucka315 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Hey stasio you on?

  2. #7262
    rucka315 is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    NC
    Posts
    34

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Delidded my 3770k temps dropped about a average of 26c per core **** is amazing.Attachment 5702

  3. #7263
    stasio's Avatar
    stasio is online now GIGABYTE Elite
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    My
    Posts
    5,691

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by rucka315 View Post
    Hey stasio you on?
    If I am not (time to sleep),send me PM.
    You second post nothing to do with this threat,
    btw nice results.
    GA-Z170X-SOC Force , Kaby Lake...
    GA-Z97X
    -SOC Force ,
    Core i7-4790K @ 4.9 GHz
    GA-Z87X-UD3H ,Core i7-4770K @ 4.7 GHz
    G.Skill F3-2933C12D-8GTXDG
    @ 3100 (12-15-14-35-CR1) @1.66V
    2xSSD Corsair Force GS 128 (RAID 0), WD Caviar Black SATA3 1TB HDD,
    Evga GTS 450 SC, Gigabyte Superb 720W
    XSPC RayStorm D5 EX240 (Liquid Ultra)
    NZXT Phantom 630 Ultra Tower
    Win 7 SP1 x64;Win 8.1 x64;
    Win 10 x64

  4. #7264
    macnb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS - for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Rev 1

    Hi,
    Joined joined the forum and thought I report my experience of the latest F13a BIOS for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.

    1. Used Q-Flash to flash the F13a (previous version was F12e).
    2. On restart, the POST hung with LED display showing 72.
    3. Powered off, plugged the plug, waited couple minutes, re-plugged PSU, pressed CMOS clear button
    4. Post started and was able to enter setup after being forced to load defaults.
    5. Configured the BIOS as I had with previously (it was a shame I could not use saved profile from previous version)
    6. Saved changes and boot Win8 Pro. all fine. IntelBurnTest ran OK (maximum stress @ 4.7Ghz)
    7. Bluetooth dongle (based on Apple USB module) can now be detected in BIOS....sometimes....not reliable.
    8. Restarted but booted Mac OS X 10.8.2. All fine. Prime95 ran for a couple of hours and I stopped it.
    9. Restarted, and entered BIOS. Enabled Fast Boot (VGA = Auto; USB = Fully Installed; PS2 = Enabled). See Screen shot
    10. Saved that setting and restarted back into BIOS. All was not as it should be.
    11. First screen has missing info: BIOS Version is "-" and so is Memory size. See screen shot.
    12. MIT Screen is almost completely blank. See screen shot.
    13. Booting Win8...crash...WHEA error first time...some IRP error second time. Third time it booted eventually.
    14. Win8 idle temps are nearly 7degC LOWER ! wow ! Had to reboot to double check. Yes 6-7degC lower.
    15. IntelBurnTest failed after first test.
    16. Booted Mac OS X. Again Idle Temps are 6-7degC LOWER.
    17. Prime95 crashes after second test.
    18. Enter BIOS setup and DISABLE Fast boot.
    19. Rerun Win8 stress test...all fine...Idle temps 6-7degC HIGHER (as were previously)
    20. Rerun Mac OSX stress test...all fine...Idle temps 6-7degC HIGHER (as were previously)
    21. Conclusion (so far): Fast Boot is affecting power-management & stability and breaking the system

    Attachment 5715

  5. #7265
    irfs is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS - for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Rev 1

    Quote Originally Posted by macnb View Post
    Hi,
    Joined joined the forum and thought I report my experience of the latest F13a BIOS for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH.

    1. Used Q-Flash to flash the F13a (previous version was F12e).
    2. On restart, the POST hung with LED display showing 72.
    3. Powered off, plugged the plug, waited couple minutes, re-plugged PSU, pressed CMOS clear button
    4. Post started and was able to enter setup after being forced to load defaults.
    5. Configured the BIOS as I had with previously (it was a shame I could not use saved profile from previous version)
    6. Saved changes and boot Win8 Pro. all fine. IntelBurnTest ran OK (maximum stress @ 4.7Ghz)
    7. Bluetooth dongle (based on Apple USB module) can now be detected in BIOS....sometimes....not reliable.
    8. Restarted but booted Mac OS X 10.8.2. All fine. Prime95 ran for a couple of hours and I stopped it.
    9. Restarted, and entered BIOS. Enabled Fast Boot (VGA = Auto; USB = Fully Installed; PS2 = Enabled). See Screen shot
    10. Saved that setting and restarted back into BIOS. All was not as it should be.
    11. First screen has missing info: BIOS Version is "-" and so is Memory size. See screen shot.
    12. MIT Screen is almost completely blank. See screen shot.
    13. Booting Win8...crash...WHEA error first time...some IRP error second time. Third time it booted eventually.
    14. Win8 idle temps are nearly 7degC LOWER ! wow ! Had to reboot to double check. Yes 6-7degC lower.
    15. IntelBurnTest failed after first test.
    16. Booted Mac OS X. Again Idle Temps are 6-7degC LOWER.
    17. Prime95 crashes after second test.
    18. Enter BIOS setup and DISABLE Fast boot.
    19. Rerun Win8 stress test...all fine...Idle temps 6-7degC HIGHER (as were previously)
    20. Rerun Mac OSX stress test...all fine...Idle temps 6-7degC HIGHER (as were previously)
    21. Conclusion (so far): Fast Boot is affecting power-management & stability and breaking the system

    Attachment 5715
    You need to leave that fast boot option alone. I tried it with similar results. I leave it on default setting. Whats really bugging me is that blasted cold boot issue is back again.
    Corsair Carbide 400R
    Corsair AX-750W
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH F12j
    i7 2600K@4.8GHz
    Antec 620 Kuhler
    16GB Gskill 2133 10 11 10 28 1N
    Gigabyte 680 GTX OC3W
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
    Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB

  6. #7266
    CageJ is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    EU - Slovakia
    Posts
    70

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    The question is how and why do you install Lion OSX 10 on PC ? Buy iMac(/book) ..... No one can guarantee OSX on PC, when it is MAC-built OS... Is it even legal ?
    BTW Fast boot still doesn't work perfectly..
    Last edited by CageJ; 03-15-2013 at 02:25 AM.

  7. #7267
    gsxr is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    28

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Fast boot doesn't work .
    Nothing stopping you running osx on any hardware as long as you own it
    And way better than windows.
    Gigabyte would sell a lot of mb for that purpose

  8. #7268
    macnb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS

    Quote Originally Posted by CageJ View Post
    The question is how and why do you install Lion OSX 10 on PC ? Buy iMac(/book) ..... No one can guarantee OSX on PC, when it is MAC-built OS... Is it even legal ?
    BTW Fast boot still doesn't work perfectly..
    How ? Google is your friend.
    Why ? Way better OS than Windoze.
    After 18 months usage, its till boots in 10 seconds and more importantly it is ready to do real work immediately...no more waiting for the tea to brew and come back in 15 minutes before one can start Outlook or Word or Excel..and you can forget Adobe CS6 till lunch time. My rig behaves exactly the same as it did 18 months ago..no lags..no crashes..no virus...no malware -- who can say that about the Windoze machine ??.
    It has never seen BSOD...full 64 bits all the time....Adobe CS is a now a joy to use and sooooo fast. List goes on on....

    Once you tried a Mac you never go back.

    Yes it's legal for personal fair use. The OS only costs 40 (and for that you get two versions: Snow Leopard & Mountain Lion).
    It took me twice as long to install Win8 Pro than it did to install Mac OS on the same Z77X-UP5 motherboard.
    A real Mac Desktop does not have an Ivy Bridge CPU...yes they do have the old 12 core Sandy Bridge. My rig is TWICE the performance of an equivalent CPU/System !
    Intel based Mac's ARE PC's...just closed off by Apple.

    Gigabyte EFI BIOS is almost perfect for building a Mac OS system...they just need to get the bugs out.

    Mind you...Win8 Pro is much better....may be there's hope for Micro$oft yet.

  9. #7269
    macnb is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    10

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS - for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Rev 1

    Quote Originally Posted by irfs View Post
    You need to leave that fast boot option alone. I tried it with similar results. I leave it on default setting.
    When you say "leave it on default", do you mean leave Fast Boot on Disabled ?
    Or, do you mean Enable it but leave the other choices on default ?

  10. #7270
    irfs is offline Junior Member
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    37

    Default Re: GIGABYTE Latest Beta BIOS - for GA-Z77X-UP5-TH Rev 1

    Quote Originally Posted by macnb View Post
    When you say "leave it on default", do you mean leave Fast Boot on Disabled ?
    Or, do you mean Enable it but leave the other choices on default ?
    yes the default setting is disabled. As prev suggested I don't think it even works. Infact ive allways left most things on auto for this board except few options for overclocking.
    I find disabling things that you don't use helps. like firewire, onboard audio, marvel sata.
    Last edited by irfs; 03-15-2013 at 06:39 AM.
    Corsair Carbide 400R
    Corsair AX-750W
    Gigabyte Z77X-UP5 TH F12j
    i7 2600K@4.8GHz
    Antec 620 Kuhler
    16GB Gskill 2133 10 11 10 28 1N
    Gigabyte 680 GTX OC3W
    OCZ Vertex 4 256GB
    Samsung 840 Pro 256GB
    Seagate Barracuda 3TB ST3000DM001
    Samsung HD204UI Spinpoint F4 2TB

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 155 users browsing this thread. (5 members and 150 guests)

  1. AudiTuner,
  2. mastagon,
  3. ROKUGAN,
  4. zappa666

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •